Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272016 times)

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #2865 on: March 17, 2014, 03:33:29 pm »
+1
Slark is still a bit op, enjoy it while it lasts  :)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: March 17, 2014, 04:19:40 pm »
He does seem more or less unkillable right now just as long as I don't do anything drastically dumb and only look for pick-offs.
And how!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2867 on: March 17, 2014, 04:36:51 pm »
ahh good old Lich. Apart from the first two games i played him in (which were in crpg stacks waaay above my level) Ive won 13 of the last 15 with him :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: March 17, 2014, 04:45:18 pm »
Wut? No I didn't
Late morning coffee ?
You edited your post nice try but you cant fool me
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #2869 on: March 17, 2014, 08:29:22 pm »
You edited your post nice try but you cant fool me

Pretty sure I didn't but whatever

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2870 on: March 17, 2014, 11:21:54 pm »
+2
Fucking losing streak..

no matter what I pick or do, it doesn't work.

Fuck you volvo

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: March 18, 2014, 12:10:46 am »
I'm on a winning streak with Slark, one more game until I find out what my MMR is.

http://dotabuff.com/players/80036589

That last one the Huskar would not shut up for the first 10 minutes. "You didn't call Invoker missing", "jungle? JUNGLE?" (was farming), "wtf!?", etc.

I had called Invoker missing and he was gone for 5+ minutes, he kept pinging me while I was farming mid, farming the jungle and when I died from trying to rescue him from the mess he got himself into.

He finally shut up when I mopped up three of them in the safe-lane, took mid and bot and just generally outplayed the enemy.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:14:59 am by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2872 on: March 18, 2014, 01:10:53 am »
Had a really nice game as Naix where we did a comeback, also the enemy team had fun people, I had fun in that game.

Me and Gondar did the G-unit with my infest, and caught them off guard, turned it around with whole team, it was cool.
Bounty and slardar were really nice people

That loss streak is turned around for now, yay.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: March 18, 2014, 05:24:44 am »
Well, 2826 solo rating.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/567257037

Such a discouraging game. I ask if I can solo offlane Slark. Guy first picks CK, then someone picks Io and says he'd lane with him, I've heard that's a good combo but not for random pubs at this MMR apparently. Then dude picks PA so I figure at this point it would be in my best interest to pick a support because the last guy wanted mid. I end up picking Earthshaker and in hindsight I don't think I could've managed even if I first picked Slark, the enemy constantly five manned after 12 minutes and I doubt and early pick choice would've affected my teammates decision.

First few minutes seemed promising with our PA getting first blood but it just went downhill from there (even though he went safelane with Io). I spent the rest of the laning phase running from tower to tower attempting damage control and I thought things were looking up when I couldn't get arcane boots/wand after 15 minutes but managed to get a triple kill and enough to afford a blink. We managed two fights where a well placed echo slam wiped the enemy but we lost all our tier 1s and a couple tier 2s too early and everyone just gave up needless deaths by being in really bad positions.

At one point we were standing across from each other mid and I alerted echo slam was off cooldown in 20 seconds. We stood around for a half minute while I waited for a good grouping and at the moment I tell them to go I failed to notice that they just played follow the leader to go top and my ulti is more or less wasted as the enemy picks me off. That didn't stop my team from thinking it was a good idea to reverse the train and walk single file into their grouping and die.

Edit: According to this scale, which is what the devs stated in the update blog, it looks like I should be somewhere just above the 75th percentile.

5% 1100
10% 1500
25% 2000
50% 2250
75% 2731
90% 3200
95% 3900
99% 4100

I guess that's not too bad considering I thought 3.5k was average.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:41:56 am by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: March 18, 2014, 08:05:12 am »
Well, 2826 solo rating.

Edit: According to this scale, which is what the devs stated in the update blog, it looks like I should be somewhere just above the 75th percentile.

5% 1100
10% 1500
25% 2000
50% 2250
75% 2731
90% 3200
95% 3900
99% 4100

I guess that's not too bad considering I thought 3.5k was average.

2826 is not a bad rating considering you "recently" started. That scale is off though, that's from unranked matchmaking. You have to consider that there's no newbies below a certain level/games played in ranked and that there are people who just don't play ranked at all. I'd say 3000 is the average, nobody knows for sure though.

That last one the Huskar would not shut up for the first 10 minutes. "You didn't call Invoker missing", "jungle? JUNGLE?" (was farming), "wtf!?", etc.

Ahh yes, "where was the ss????", I love those. Like they are unable to look at the fucking minimap. Had this happen to me just yesterday, we had a trilane bot (2 stuns and a slow on trilane = ez), we had a bot rune ward placed, the enemy Crystal Maiden goes to bot rune then goes into our jungle and turns up to mid, mind you Crystal Maiden is the slowest shit ever so it's really easy to notice on the minimap. Our mid is over the river on their side so we start pinging as hard as fuck, mid guy had at least 10-15 seconds to go back, he decides to ignore all the pings and die. And then he goes "wtf where was ss??????" (he was 3800 MMR or something). yep
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:20:38 am by Vibe »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #2875 on: March 18, 2014, 08:48:37 am »
Agree, some fucks always like to blame mid for not calling missing when they got no map awareness to see that there haven't been enemy on mid for like 2 min ...

Reason I usually spam missing mid if the enemy is missing, so they have no one to blame but themselves.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: March 18, 2014, 12:31:34 pm »
Calling miss doesn't do anything, it's just an excuse. 50% of the time people whine about "no ss" even if it's been called 1000 times. And when you point that out, they go quiet.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: March 18, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »
I wouldn't be bothered so much if he also didn't "X" ping me several times for that first quarter hour so you know he was looking at the map. I guess I didn't mind that as much as some guy deciding he wanted to share his anger issues with the team by screaming "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?11?" in such a tone that my fight or flight response almost kicked in.

2826 is not a bad rating considering you "recently" started. That scale is off though, that's from unranked matchmaking. You have to consider that there's no newbies below a certain level/games played in ranked and that there are people who just don't play ranked at all. I'd say 3000 is the average, nobody knows for sure though.

Don't ruin this for me Vibe, I obviously deserve 5k MMR and I'm just in ELO hell and Valve is keeping a guy in the trenches.
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: March 18, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »
+3
I feel you I'm actually 7k MMR but volvo matchmaking is stupid and I get horrible teammates every time that throw the game so I'm sitting at 3k MMR, what can I do, I can't solo win the games. I've made 16 alts so far all ranked 3k MMR so obviously there is something horribly wrong with volvos system. I'm sure if I make another million alts one is bound to be placed in my correct MMR, which is 8k btw haha got you there right, did you really think i was some 7k mmr trench tier garbage
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:48:13 pm by Vibe »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2879 on: March 18, 2014, 03:09:41 pm »
2826 much higher than the 1650 it gave me after losing most of my first 10 ranked :D slowly going up ^^ someday i shall meet you on the field! (as long as i don't get that many super feeders on my team)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk