Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272099 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #2580 on: February 21, 2014, 05:55:11 pm »
Everyone should pretty much know that Furion is Natures Prophet though, even if you haven't heard that its NP before, or you could just ask the first time they said Furion in the chat ...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: February 22, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »
I think there is no need to be offensive here. Sometimes I call the old hero names without giving much thought, then I realize those names don't appear in Dota 2 I use the current names to avoid confusion. After all, if my purpose is to communicate I must make sure people I'm adressing understand what I mean. Right? There is no reason to get mad over something like that.
Half of the player base don't even speak english at all, I just use wheel commands most of the time; anyways.

Hmm hero names:
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/heroes
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #2582 on: February 22, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »
I just don't like using the shortened names. For example, typing out Bounty Hunter, is too long, bh is silly, so Gondar feels the best  :lol:

Then again, in dota 1 you also might get a hero with fucked up name. For example your Ursa could be called FuzzyWuzzy  :P

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #2583 on: February 22, 2014, 03:31:00 pm »
Same here. I can't understand why they play it over dota.

Probably because it's better balanced and doesn't have retarded concepts like invisibility, illusions & blinkdagger in it. Also they're able to get over shitty cartoony graphics with midget/kid "heroes" and play if for gameplay, unlike "I'm-so-fucking-pro-in-my-serious-graphics-and-all-other-moba's-are-bullshit" dota 2 players.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #2584 on: February 22, 2014, 03:38:01 pm »
Well, its true that other mobas are more "balanced" hero wise, in HoN for example Bara has been nerfed so that he can only charge across edges / he can't charge over terrain.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #2585 on: February 22, 2014, 03:50:18 pm »
I don't know if I can say Dota 2 is not balanced enough, sure you got one shot teamwipe capabilities, but that's only your fault if your enemy gets to that point.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2586 on: February 22, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »
+1
Pro lich http://dotabuff.com/matches/534123053 :D I got a whole 14 LH that game and the terror blade who i was protecting managed 40! but thats only because we had void and bloodseeker who in the first 10 mins we managed to kill 3-5 times each :P Dont think ive had a game so easy where we destroy each lane. Every time they got Terrorblade down to low health he would run and i weaved infront of them and poor blood couldn't chase.

Funniest moment of the dota week for me i think was when we were attacking their towers just infront of the ancient. Void comes in and chronos trapping everyone but me (including his team) 1 lich ulti later RAMPAGE :P gotta love a terrible void
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2587 on: February 22, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »
+1
Pro lich http://dotabuff.com/matches/534123053 :D
(click to show/hide)

That radiant team gave me cansur.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: February 22, 2014, 04:40:03 pm »
Well, its true that other mobas are more "balanced" hero wise, in HoN for example Bara has been nerfed so that he can only charge across edges / he can't charge over terrain.
Implying that Spirit Breaker is broken in Dota 2.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: February 22, 2014, 04:41:26 pm »
Probably because it's better balanced and doesn't have retarded concepts like invisibility, illusions & blinkdagger in it. Also they're able to get over shitty cartoony graphics with midget/kid "heroes" and play if for gameplay, unlike "I'm-so-fucking-pro-in-my-serious-graphics-and-all-other-moba's-are-bullshit" dota 2 players.

Ehm actually every hero gets a "free" blink dagger in LoL, it's a skill that you choose that pretty much every high level player has. Better balanced? What. Every single League player complains about how every new hero is absolutely OP (so they can make more sells) until it gets the nerf bat and that Riot has lots of troubles balancing. Dota is balanced just fine, it's like Thovex said, if the game was unbalanced, it was your own / your teams fault. Icefrog is good at balancing, the nerfs heroes get are reasonable and even after the nerf they are still strong at what they're supposed to be strong at.

Would love to hear about some real case of your "unbalanced" scenario, so I can refute it.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #2590 on: February 22, 2014, 04:58:25 pm »
Man Gnjus, sounds like you hit a wall in Dota and decided to hate it.  :P

But if you think those are retarded concepts and that it's an unbalanced game, I think you were just bad at the game and gave up easily. It's what everyone thinks but nobody says. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the state and balance of Dota a bit more indepth.
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: February 22, 2014, 05:16:35 pm »
+1
Probably because it's better balanced and doesn't have retarded concepts like invisibility, illusions & blinkdagger in it

Invisibility, illusions and blinkdagger are "retarded concepts"? Those are like the most noob-level complaints ever
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2592 on: February 22, 2014, 05:18:17 pm »
I didn't try league yet but don't everybody get free skills that pretty much works like blink dagger and stuff?
Also free teleporting

:wink:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #2593 on: February 22, 2014, 05:25:17 pm »
Ehm actually every hero gets a "free" blink dagger in LoL, it's a skill that you choose that pretty much every high level player has.

And it has 2-3 mins cooldown, how many times per match can you use it ? And it doesn't have anywhere near the range of a blinkdagger. Fail argument, no where near comparable.

Would love to hear about some real case of your "unbalanced" scenario, so I can refute it.

Man Gnjus, sounds like you hit a wall in Dota and decided to hate it.  :P

But if you think those are retarded concepts and that it's an unbalanced game, I think you were just bad at the game and gave up easily. It's what everyone thinks but nobody says. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the state and balance of Dota a bit more indepth.

I didn't say I hate Dota, I didn't quit it and I play both LoL and Dota. I agree that starting this among hard-core Dotters was a bad idea so no, I won't start writing walls of text that you LoL haters will dispute, especially because I'm starting a Hexakill match with the lads. Maybe later. :-)

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: February 22, 2014, 05:30:13 pm »
Please remember to tell us about how OP invisibility is.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.