Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272007 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #2535 on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:38 pm »
+1
Seriously though, farm farm farm farm. Most people don't understand how important it is. If you have 250 CS when the enemies are hovering around 30-50, you have won.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2536 on: February 18, 2014, 01:03:03 pm »
+1
Tried to farm as anti mage but ogre magi kept trying to LH every single creep then pinging me to try to save tier 1 tower :/ managed to get battlefury butterfly and mantra as it was a long game and we raped in the end but its like hitting your head on a brick wall :P Problem is it turns into 5 man push every game pretty early so you cant farm that well or your team gets butt raped :(

also noobs vs noobs all random does lead to some hilarious results and games ^^
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:09:45 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: February 18, 2014, 02:04:45 pm »
+1
The vast majority of team compositions are not actually capable of early 5-man pushes. That means that 95% of the time if you're the carry and your enemy is 5-man pushing, you should let your team handle it. It's even better for you, the whole enemy team is sharing XP 5-ways and gold 5-ways while you're freefarming.

The whole 5-man push metagame is so fucking annoying when people who've watched a Na'vi game try to do it no matter what the heroes, then end up being underlevelled and underfarmed and fucking up the farm of their carry (annoying when on your team, great when on the enemy team).
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: February 18, 2014, 02:10:17 pm »
+1
I doubt its a Navi effect down at nub level :D people just group up and push mid most games :D

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: February 19, 2014, 12:49:51 am »
+1
Ahh the fun i just had with Natures prophet  :lol: our team had Natures prophet, Sand king, Lion, visage and bristle :P Sprouting a guy is bad enough but when its next to bristleback its horrible. That or trapped him then sand king would burrowstrike into the trap then go sandstorm. Nub level is hilarious when epic combos just happen accidentally first time then you try to repeat it with no communication :D Best one was on a god damn annoying PL who go trapped then earth spiked then burrowstrike then finger of death <3

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #2540 on: February 19, 2014, 02:31:27 pm »
+2
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #2541 on: February 19, 2014, 10:02:28 pm »
+3

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #2542 on: February 20, 2014, 11:52:43 pm »
+1
I'm a prety average player, but after playing LC, i found her really too easy to play.

Really easy jungling (i started at lv2 after harassing a tiny bit the solo lane, as Dire)
2 self cast+Blink+Ulty = free bonus damage + excellent engage

I understand stunners can disable you, but in early games, you can choose your targets, and in teamfights, you can wait a bit, and backstab the mage/support/stunner wit your ulty.

Is it because i'm in the lower brackets that few people know how to counter her, since i rarely see her in"real" official matches, but snowballing takes a all new meaning with her.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #2543 on: February 21, 2014, 12:01:08 am »
+3
You don't see her in official matches because she's not enabled in Captains Mode (in high brackets she does ok-ish, except when jungling).

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: February 21, 2014, 12:27:41 am »
+1
in nub bracket i love to see LC on the enemy team :D feeding us dmg with duels ^^

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #2545 on: February 21, 2014, 12:28:19 am »
+1
Got the same guy twice in two matchmaking games.

First game he plays wraith king. Things are going ok, we start dominating the team fight. But his first item choice was divine rapier. Naturally he then loses it and we proceed to get raped. Basically threw the game as he had no other items.

Second game he picks clinkz for offlane. Feeds first blood and then ends up dying 12 times, our next highest deaths were 9 and I only had 4. Guy just kept soloing into their jungle and feeding. So that one was a loss as well.

Getting the same person on your team who single handedly fucks up a game twice just sucks.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #2546 on: February 21, 2014, 12:42:35 am »
+2
That's why you dodge a retard when you see him the 2nd time on your team and instantly close dota 2 when done loading and seeing the same name.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2547 on: February 21, 2014, 01:21:46 am »
+1

First game he plays wraith king. Things are going ok, we start dominating the team fight. But his first item choice was divine rapier. Naturally he then loses it and we proceed to get raped. Basically threw the game as he had no other items.

Second game he picks clinkz for offlane. Feeds first blood and then ends up dying 12 times, our next highest deaths were 9 and I only had 4. Guy just kept soloing into their jungle and feeding. So that one was a loss as well.

Getting the same person on your team who single handedly fucks up a game twice just sucks.

Yesterday I had the same guy against me 5 times, 3 out of these were normal matches iirc, others didn't start.

He was really fun though, such a rare exception..

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: February 21, 2014, 08:10:02 am »
+1

Had a case like this yesterday, had a russian guy in first game go solo safelane Tinker, who then proceeded to constantly steal courier while it was going to our mid, mid asked him nicely a couple of times to stop taking the courier while it's bringing stuff to him, ruskie guy goes full cyka, starts calling everyone noobs and goes under their tower to stand there and intentionally feed. Tbh I don't think I ever had an intentional feeder in one of my games.

Anyway, on to next game, same russian guy in my team again ;_; someone picks Storm Spirit, he picks Pudge (asdgfasg), proceeds to feed mid while calling everyone on our team noobs and other not so nice words. Game lost by 20 minutes.

I would really love it if Volvo gave us a feature that we could blacklist certain players to prevent us to be matched with them ever again.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2549 on: February 21, 2014, 09:51:01 am »
+1
lol radar-seeker is really fun when you counter an invisiscrub.

Even better is if your team has global skills, you can make some fun stuff happen. Not effective but fun

Also for some weird reason (curiosity I guess) I downloaded Heroes of Newerth.

Veno is my favorite so I tried it's HoN port and it was weird. Everything is on crack and the UI gave me eye cansur
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:57:39 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!