Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272081 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #4500 on: December 19, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »
in dota you eat trees to get health

oh trust me, i knew somebody was goin to say that about a fantasy game, the logic i was gathering behind it was that attacking someone with blade mail reflected damage, so how does a damage that isnt being directed or attacked at someone any longer continue to reflect damage to someone because its burning or poisoning them.  Basically it ends up being like warlocks spell chain thing, but in reverse to the sender.  Which, like ive said before is fucking stupid.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: December 19, 2014, 10:32:01 pm »
You can do this every game. Just mute everyone. That's the tip that ^^DragonFist^^ something something 7000 mmr is advising people to do, telling people how overrated communication is in pubs.

I, erroneously probably, want to give people the benefit of the doubt before I just label everyone as someone I don't want to communicate with (definitely, logically, what I should actually do). I'm not ~6000k so I can't just solo carry a game whilst ignoring what the rest of my team is doing. Although I've managed before by swooping in and cleaning up failed ganks, etc. but there's definitely holes in my skill-set.

I build Maelstrom almost every time on Windrunner, confirmed legit. See with max attack speed it isn't that your attack speed is improved, it's that your Maelstrom is gonna proc like fuck and you're gonna be like Zeus on steroids, especially since patch i don't know which where they made it so that Maelstrom can proc however the fuck it wants, because before it could only proc when there wasn't a previous maelstrom lightning jumping around already.

I can understand if I could rely on teammates +50% of my games and I was going to get it super early and immediately after phase/basi or something, but I feel more self-sufficient with phase/force/orchid I guess. For me I feel like the build up and synergy is better but I guess right before my break I tended to push lanes and generally spend time where my team wasn't (within reason and based on whether or not a teamfight was about to happen).
And how!

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #4502 on: December 21, 2014, 02:37:53 am »
I, erroneously probably, want to give people the benefit of the doubt before I just label everyone as someone I don't want to communicate with.

Once you hear somebody say "you're fucking terrible at this game report SixThumbs" the damage is already done, you'll realize somebody is upset with your performance and without a doubt it'll affect your gameplay.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: December 22, 2014, 10:33:28 pm »
The truth is I can be a dirty instigator too if the situation calls for it. I don't call people out on mistakes but I do call out people getting mouthy with someone else.

Overall you're right but nine times out of ten I can ignore the generic, nonsensical garbage people spout at you from game to game. But, as much of a rarity good team coordination happens and feels great there's also that one guy who says just the right thing.
And how!

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: December 22, 2014, 10:40:59 pm »
+1
ive fallen in love with Treant Protector.  After watching a video by Purge, he set himself a task of putting his trees everywhere on the map.  He didnt really have a build in place, so he kind of just winged it.  So after watching it, and debating for a while, i came up with my very first build.( i of course used other build as a template, but what i came up with was my own.

start with tango's, a stout shield, and a ring of protection.

then go boots, soul ring, and a ring of basileus.(the ring was accidental, since i didnt realize it would combine with something i was buying for the soul ring, but i think it works regardless)

From there i went into a midas, and finally Aghanim's sceptor.  After that i put trees literally everywhere on the map, including the jungles, because hitting your ulti hits the creeps, and farms the whole map!

After the teamfights and farming commenced, i had enough for a Shiva's and lastly went Refresher to be like Tidehunters Ravage.

I won two games in a row doing that, put a big ol smile on my face!  i highly recommend giving it a go, it was great fun. 

I know im still new, and learning, but maybe someone will give it a go of their own.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1108949417

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1109556810

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #4505 on: December 22, 2014, 10:42:39 pm »
When you have to carry a team that picks three mids. Could not have tried to carry harder.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1109204773
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #4506 on: December 22, 2014, 11:50:30 pm »
hmm i have 10 games with treant before the patch (won 9) I used to go for mana boots, mek, drums and blink then maybe a vlads if needed for the team or casual aura items like basi/aquila maybe a pipe.

could probably get aghs instead of most of those now just to see what its like :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: December 24, 2014, 01:16:19 am »
+3

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #4508 on: December 24, 2014, 03:10:52 am »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #4509 on: December 24, 2014, 07:16:22 am »
+1

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #4510 on: December 28, 2014, 01:38:17 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
Treant empire !

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: December 28, 2014, 03:05:51 am »
(click to show/hide)
Treant empire !

lol well done i applaud your forestry skills, i think Treant is one of the many hidden gems of Dota that not many know about, and with that ulti i cant understand why.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: December 28, 2014, 08:00:24 am »
Well, in order to reach that spot you need to get aghanims, and you shouldn't rush it because you need stuff like force staff/blink for your ultimate. I wouldn't mind playing tree as a position 4 though and grabbing a 20 minute aghanims

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #4513 on: December 28, 2014, 02:59:53 pm »
I was a position 3 tree farming the offlane over a storm spirit (with a 4 minute midas) I went Brown Boots -> Midas -> Aghanims because vision is imba.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #4514 on: December 28, 2014, 04:12:44 pm »
Well, in order to reach that spot you need to get aghanims, and you shouldn't rush it because you need stuff like force staff/blink for your ultimate. I wouldn't mind playing tree as a position 4 though and grabbing a 20 minute aghanims

Why play any support position when you can get permanent wards from farming an item Kreygasm.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA