Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272846 times)

Offline Miralay

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tsu, Miralay
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #4305 on: October 30, 2014, 12:38:57 pm »
Are you guys all high ranked (above 3~4k)?

My solo rank started from 2.3k and I can't improve it, in fact I'm decreasing it :'( On Steam forums I read one suggestion which says the only way of improving solo rank is go super solo hard carry and don't rely on your team mates. Do you guys agree or have any other advice?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #4306 on: October 30, 2014, 01:02:35 pm »
My solo and group ranked are both around the 3500 mark and keep going up and down around that. I've found it hard to increase either and both have been that way pretty much since it started.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: October 30, 2014, 01:43:32 pm »
Keep playing (this will improve your awareness and positioning), read guides, get better at last hitting/farming. Recognize your mistakes and fix them. Doesn't matter which hero/role you play, really. Picking the solo hard carry only really works if you're better than the rest of your team (calibrated wrongly), but that is almost never the case.

Offline Miralay

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: October 30, 2014, 02:04:45 pm »
I think you never had any game experience in lower brackets recently. It's quite possible that you can alone be better than rest of your team. Anyway, good advice Vibe but they are for Dota in general (which is also important).

Lower bracket matches have quite unique modifiers such as: no one plays support, if one play supports no one pays attention to what wards show, almost no successful rotations or no rotations at all, when a carry fails starts blaming other two lanes, more rage quitting/whining in general :D

Guess I'll keep playing with friends. At least in a party, we can beat 3k to 4k guys.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #4309 on: October 30, 2014, 02:41:25 pm »
When I started playing Dota I always played support, works pretty well for getting higher up. All though I've only done 10 solo ranked matches since MMR was introduced.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #4310 on: October 30, 2014, 02:50:41 pm »
I've pretty much only improved my mmr since I started playing, however I have ladder anxiety and prefer to play normal games. Which leads to my normal  hidden mmr is something like above 4k when I'm actually just 3.5k in ranked. Also my main stacking buddy is 4.6k but I seem to be doing fine at that level
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: October 30, 2014, 04:45:01 pm »
Yes, my ranked is 2.8 but I also have ladder anxiety so I just play normal; single draft and random draft. I feel those games end up with interesting line-ups and people appear to rage a bit less. My ranked MMR is probably slightly lower than my unranked one. I think 3k mmr +/-500 is probably where the majority of players are anyway.

I think if you're trying to raise your MMR to another "bracket" you probably need to watch your own replays under a microscope and see the trees for the forest.

And how!

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #4312 on: October 30, 2014, 05:21:35 pm »
A bracket is quite a long time tbh but I think the best way to raise is always to try your best and never give up. If game is completely lost don't waste your time or your brain trying to figure out what could've changed the game but instead just continue to another game. However I don't think I'm that great of a contender for advice since I barely play ranked :D
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #4313 on: October 30, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »
If you're lucky you can get better by playing with a stack thats far better than you. That was my way of getting better.

Are you guys all high ranked (above 3~4k)?

My solo rank started from 2.3k and I can't improve it, in fact I'm decreasing it :'( On Steam forums I read one suggestion which says the only way of improving solo rank is go super solo hard carry and don't rely on your team mates. Do you guys agree or have any other advice?

I played on an alt which solo MMR is 3000ish (I'm >5K) and I had literally like 4 clueless bastards but really all you can do is stomp 4x as hard when that happens. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/965590551
Should be fairly easy to get out of 2.3K once you're just better. (btw 2250 is avg MMR in dota so...)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:34:50 pm by Thovex »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: October 30, 2014, 07:56:23 pm »
+1
I think you never had any game experience in lower brackets recently. It's quite possible that you can alone be better than rest of your team. Anyway, good advice Vibe but they are for Dota in general (which is also important).

Lower bracket matches have quite unique modifiers such as: no one plays support, if one play supports no one pays attention to what wards show, almost no successful rotations or no rotations at all, when a carry fails starts blaming other two lanes, more rage quitting/whining in general :D

Guess I'll keep playing with friends. At least in a party, we can beat 3k to 4k guys.

The point was, there is no special trick to coming out of your bracket, you just need to get better (at everything related to Dota). If you are getting better, your MMR will rise, albeit slowly. A typical excuse of "being stuck at certain MMR because team is always bad" is a load of horseshit. The sooner you get out of that mentality, the faster you'll improve.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #4315 on: October 30, 2014, 09:08:26 pm »
pick what is needed :D most of the time ive had to play offlaners/supports becuase everyone loves to take carries and the most balanced team usually wins. Teamfight supports like Lich and WD work great

This is me http://www.dotabuff.com/players/42356506

and i went from 1650 ranked to 3k ranked and you can see the spread of heroes i used. Wraith king people cant handle very well silencer etc is also badass
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #4316 on: October 30, 2014, 11:35:19 pm »
That's pretty nice. :D

Offline Miralay

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: October 31, 2014, 02:57:17 pm »
The point was, there is no special trick to coming out of your bracket, you just need to get better (at everything related to Dota). If you are getting better, your MMR will rise, albeit slowly. A typical excuse of "being stuck at certain MMR because team is always bad" is a load of horseshit. The sooner you get out of that mentality, the faster you'll improve.

I never used an "excuse" of I'm stuck with bad teams so I can't improve. I was trying to describe general situation in games I've been playing. Because regardless of whatever experience or gameplay time you have, I don't need you to see that game play strategies change in a huge manner between different skill levels.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #4318 on: October 31, 2014, 09:56:36 pm »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #4319 on: November 01, 2014, 12:15:55 am »
hit 3k and instantly get retarded team mates who afk or abandon  :rolleyes:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk