Author Topic: Alternative ways to retire.  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: Alternative ways to retire.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 10:25:25 am »
Please make it 25k to retire so I don't ever have to grind with my ninja again  :twisted:
I could retire 20 times :P

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:14 pm »
On siege after your team has won, but before the next round begins, you can change to spectator without losing your multiplier. People already exploit that to keep their x5 constantly. That exploit needs to be fixed before a x10 multiplier is introduced.

They don't lose their modifier by spectating, but they don't earn XP while spectating either, right? And since they STILL can't pick whether to be on attack or defense, I don't see how this "exploit" helps them, unless I'm missing something...
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline HoboJoe

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 07:55:13 pm »
Tested it, you do get XP as a spectator if you've spawned that round. And choose team and go back to spectator until you get into the winning team.
I am American, and therefore it is my business to meddle in other peoples affairs.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 09:28:03 pm »
Tested it, you do get XP as a spectator if you've spawned that round. And choose team and go back to spectator until you get into the winning team.

I just tested it as well. And you're right, you get xp as a spectator if you've spawned that round. HOWEVER, if the team that you spawned on loses, you lose your modifier at the next XP tick, even if you were spectating and get switched to the other team.

So basically, this glitch only works if you can switch to spectator, then switch to the other team before your team loses, which doesn't happen most of the time. It typically keeps putting you back on the same team. And spending all your time doing this, rather than helping your team, you're probably no more likely to get a modifier, unless you suck REAL bad.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:31:47 pm by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline HoboJoe

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 10:38:26 pm »
I wouldn't say so. Most of the time there's the search for the last guy and some people may have left from the winning team. It is a serious issue.
I am American, and therefore it is my business to meddle in other peoples affairs.