Author Topic: Upkeep/Armor Disparity/Cavalry Usage  (Read 492 times)

Offline awesomeasaurus

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Awesomeasaurus
Upkeep/Armor Disparity/Cavalry Usage
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:04:36 am »
Recently I have been thinking about the monetary benefits afforded to classes that do not require high armor and survivability (such as archers). These players can wear inexpensive armor and earn more gold than heavy armor wearers. Might it be a good idea to tier armors and make the best of each tier most expensive and comparable to the best of each other tier? I personally believe each viable class should probably incur similar upkeep costs be it a light armored archer or a heavily armored 2-hand user. I would agree that cavalry users should incur greater costs.

I have been thinking that it is a shame few people use the slower but more heavily armored horses and equipment. Having a mount should be more expensive than not, but I think there should be an internal trade-off of stats rather than an even greater monetary disparity when considering a Charger or a Courser. Is there a way we could balance the  speed and agility of light horses/equipment with the strength and durability of the heavier horses/equipment??

I don't have a well thought out compromises or solutions but just an idea of what I consider problems.