Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 158303 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #2310 on: May 23, 2016, 09:12:48 am »
I guess getting buthol raped by Ramsay has made her into a real man. Is there anyone that actually likes this Sansa character?

Xant does, as something similar happened to him in the army. Afterwards he was never the same on this forum.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 23, 2016, 03:06:45 pm »
Xant does, as something similar happened to him in the army. Afterwards he was never the same on this forum.
It is true, I gained unimaginable powers through butthol rape.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #2312 on: May 23, 2016, 04:54:58 pm »
+1

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2313 on: May 23, 2016, 05:33:56 pm »
I'm kinda on the fence with time travel being introduced into GoT. On one hand if handled well it could be really cool and add some more mysticism to the show, but historically Hollywood always fucks up when it comes to time travel. Not to mention that it also introduces the same issue that lotr had, which was "why did they walk all the way across Middle Earth when they could have just flown around on eagles, saving countless lives?" Now whenever shit happens in GoT people will be asking "why couldn't Bran just go back and time and prevent that?"

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 23, 2016, 05:46:08 pm »
+2
I'm kinda on the fence with time travel being introduced into GoT. On one hand if handled well it could be really cool and add some more mysticism to the show, but historically Hollywood always fucks up when it comes to time travel. Not to mention that it also introduces the same issue that lotr had, which was "why did they walk all the way across Middle Earth when they could have just flown around on eagles, saving countless lives?" Now whenever shit happens in GoT people will be asking "why couldn't Bran just go back and time and prevent that?"

LOTR: A giant eagle flying near Mordor and carrying the ring of power when Sauron has Fellbeasts (wyvrens) is a terrible idea.

GoT: Because Bran is traumatized. Also the tree seems to be the conductor for astral projecting into the past and its safe to say that no one is going back there for a while.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2315 on: May 23, 2016, 06:01:04 pm »
LOTR: A giant eagle flying near Mordor and carrying the ring of power when Sauron has Fellbeasts (wyvrens) is a terrible idea.

GoT: Because Bran is traumatized. Also the tree seems to be the conductor for astral projecting into the past and its safe to say that no one is going back there for a while.

LOTR: The eagles beat the shit out of the fellbeasts in aerial combat... not to mention that there is an entire army of eagles vs. at most the 9 fellbeasts that Sauron has, and the fact that gandalf can be riding said eagles and blasting the fellbeasts outa the sky. And of course the fellbeasts aren't constantly flying around on patrol, the eagles could just swoop in real quick with the element of surprise on their side.

GoT: Even if Bran requires a tree to go back in time there is no reason he can't just wait and do that at a later point in time. "I better warn my past self to not get trapped in the three-eyed raven's cave when the white walkers attack! if only I had a tree nearby..." he thinks immediately after escaping in this latest episode. Now he has the entire rest of his life to tap into the power of a tree to go back and warn himself, he isn't necessarily in a hurry. All he ever needs to do is live until he comes into contact with another one of the weirwood trees.

No sense really arguing about each of our opinions at this point anyways, seeing how they just introduced this power without giving us any definitive restrictions yet. No doubt they'll provide a very simplistic restriction that most watchers will believe and be like "ah, so that's why he can't just time travel all willy-nilly."

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 23, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »
Because influencing the past has gone so well for the people involved so far when Bran has done it?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #2317 on: May 23, 2016, 06:08:32 pm »
+2
There are different interpretations of time travel in fiction. I think he pretty clearly went with the snake eating it's own tail variety, which is probably one of the simplest ones to keep straight. Anything that Bran changes he has already changed, and so any attempt to change the past is counterproductive, since it has already happened and may even have happened only because he attempted to change it in the first place. So we may find out Bran is ultimately responsible for random events throughout the timeline.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 23, 2016, 06:14:05 pm »
LOTR: The eagles beat the shit out of the fellbeasts in aerial combat... not to mention that there is an entire army of eagles vs. at most the 9 fellbeasts that Sauron has, and the fact that gandalf can be riding said eagles and blasting the fellbeasts outa the sky. And of course the fellbeasts aren't constantly flying around on patrol, the eagles could just swoop in real quick with the element of surprise on their side.

No sense really arguing about each of our opinions at this point anyways, seeing how they just introduced this power without giving us any definitive restrictions yet. No doubt they'll provide a very simplistic restriction that most watchers will believe and be like "ah, so that's why he can't just time travel all willy-nilly."

Battle of the Morannon:

The West was losing the battle, they only won because Frodo put the ring on inside Mount Doom and Sauron panicked by recalling the ring-wraiths which left his armies leaderless/confused. Then gollum bites the ring off and falls into the volcano.

Sauron is a giant fucking eye in the sky. Literally.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #2319 on: May 23, 2016, 06:25:44 pm »
+2
Eagles are the Deus Ex Machina of the LOTR universe. They could win things almost automatically, but are reclusive and mysterious, only doing the bare minimum and at the last possible second. It's like the gods are playing a game where they attempt to influence the world without direct force, and try to do shit like sending angels (Gandalf & co) to guide their side, and sometimes responding to prayers in the most dire of times, but despite all their subtle workings they lose every time and have to press the "Send the Eagles" button to salvage a victory, or rely on a completely random element like Gollum.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #2320 on: May 23, 2016, 07:17:25 pm »
+2
Tension growing  :lol:
(click to show/hide)
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #2321 on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:55 pm »
Tension growing  :lol:
(click to show/hide)

The only plot that matters to me anymore. Fuck The White Walkers wiping out Westeros. Fuck the slaves. Fuck the trailer trash Iron Born. I need to see these two fug!

(click to show/hide)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 23, 2016, 07:21:26 pm »
+1
It is true, I gained unimaginable powers through butthol rape.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #2323 on: May 23, 2016, 07:54:56 pm »
what happened to Pod? why wasnt he following breanne around like always?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #2324 on: May 23, 2016, 07:55:55 pm »
+2
what happened to Pod? why wasnt he following breanne around like always?
He was. Scene at the end where they leave the Castle, he was there in the background on a horse.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.