Author Topic: Unban please [AUSTRIANO]  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Unban please [AUSTRIANO]
« on: February 22, 2016, 06:30:32 pm »
Banned over an hour for a kickpoll is kinda ridiculous, especially when it was a joke. You could have just disabled the kickpolls, yet you ban me?

I'm guessing you enjoyed banning me, I can see why a lot of people probably laughed when you did. Good on you, mate.

Whoever decided you should have admin, oh boy what a mistake. Who the fuck bans for a kickpoll?

I honestly don't see the point of banning someone for something this minor, and over an hour is harsh. I'm guessing you banned me for 24h.

You're supposed to warn before you ban, and even kick before you ban unless the rule breaking is over the top. You didn't do any of those, you just went straight to the ban. I don't think people like that should be admins.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
Re: Unban please [AUSTRIANO]
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 06:40:38 pm »
Hello Bjord,
thank you for your constructive critism, very much welcome. However when I checked your banhistory I saw you have 13 bans on record and as you are a longterm player you should have known better. And yes, I banned you for 1 day as I assumed it is a fair punishment.
Maybe you should calm down with your "jokes" next time?

Thanks
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:44:18 pm »
Hello Bjord,
thank you for your constructive critism, very much welcome. However when I checked your banhistory I saw you have 13 bans on record and as you are a longterm player you should have known better. And yes, I banned you for 1 day as I assumed it is a fair punishment.
Maybe you should calm down with your "jokes" next time?

Thanks

How is 1 day for a kickpoll fair where nobody gets hurt, I didn't teamkill/teamwound or grief or chat abuse anything? Fucking unbelievable.

Yes, I have 13 bans (many of them 1h-1d bans for silly stuff) and there is no need to take this admining so seriously, please use your fucking common sense. Admining doesn't mean you're a fucking police officer, it's just to make sure MASSIVE RULE BREAKING doesn't happen so people go nuts and do what they want.

You can use fucking kicks and warnings, NOT 24h BANS STRAIGHT OFF THE BAT. That's bullshit and you fucking know it, but you're not gonna admit it because any chance you get to ban me I'm bloody sure you would take it.

I'm fucking appalled at why on Earth you have admin, no one else on the team would do this.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 06:44:57 pm »
You're supposed to warn before you ban

I personally find it absolutely adorable when players assume this :3
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 06:46:55 pm »
I personally find it absolutely adorable when players assume this :3

You weren't even fucking there, first of all.

Second of all, yes it's customary to issue a warning in form of a kick instead of just banning people straight off the bat. That gives people time to think about what they're doing, instead of pissing them off.

It's a fucking disaster how some admins actually ENJOY banning people, it's actually a form of fucking amusement for you. What a fucking shame that they're allowed to do as they please in this community. Nobody will ever do anything about this.

I'm not gonna learn anything from this ban, it just made me extremely pissed off because I know 100% no one else would have banned for 1 day for something like a kickpoll. Maybe simply kick me and be done with it.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 06:50:01 pm »
You weren't even fucking there, first of all.

Second of all, yes it's customary to issue a warning in form of a kick instead of just banning people straight off the bat. That gives them time to think about what they're doing, instead of pissing them off.

It's a fucking disaster how some admins actually ENJOY banning people, it's actually a form of fucking amusement for you. What a fucking shame.

I was actually playing at the time on a STF. While I do not agree with the ban placed, there is nothing that I can do. It is between you aus and head admin.

PS I do not enjoy banning people. Sometimes.

-Done junking up this thread now-

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 06:53:47 pm »
How do you assume that it is fun to ban people? It is not fun for me.
About the ban, I talked to Male and Tamra and they both agree with you that the ban was a bit harsh and I apologise for that.
I will unban you and hope you will controll your jokes in the future.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »
How do you assume that it is fun to ban people? It is not fun for me.
About the ban, I talked to Male and Tamra and they both agree with you that the ban was a bit harsh and I apologise for that.
I will unban you and hope you will controll your jokes in the future.

(click to show/hide)

In PM despite you saying you thought banning for kick poll was too much, YOU STILL WANTED THE BAN TO STAY.

I'm absolutely, positively appalled at the introduction of this admin. I've never before been this pissed off over an admin's decision, and usually I only am when I think it's a big mistake.

Thank you for unbanning me, but I won't forget this. I honestly feel this was way too harsh.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 08:16:37 pm »
Stop pollabusing Bjord. It's the second time you got banned for it this week.

Your actions aren't funny jokes, they are rule violations. In the light of such obvious offenses, us admins have to react, else we are bad admins. It's either you or us if you keep doing that. Our job is to prevent rule violations, not apply the offender's standards for mitigating circumstances.

Just like teamkilling the virgin on DTV may make most of the team happy due to the map change, it's forbidden and results in a ban. I have been banned myself for it before my admin times, and I learned not to repeat my actions. Likewise, even if your so-called jokes (looks more like failed anger management to me and I doubt anyone enjoys it, but w/e) makes most of the server happy, it's forbidden and results in a ban.

You have zero right to be pissed off because a rule violation is never okay.

The next time I see you ragepolling someone, I'll ban you for a day and make sure that ban won't be lifted even if the poll target was your 50-years happily married spouse, everyone LOLs and the poll got 0% positive votes. If you need to vent or be funny, find rule-conforming manners to do so, and you and us admins can peacefully coexist till the end of time. Don't, and face bans in increasing duration until you change.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 08:28:51 pm »
A little food for thought. The minute or so your poll is active is a minute where a serious poll can't be put up. Nothing major, but worth to consider when you troll-poll.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 09:24:15 pm »
Stop pollabusing Bjord. It's the second time you got banned for it this week.

Your actions aren't funny jokes, they are rule violations. In the light of such obvious offenses, us admins have to react, else we are bad admins. It's either you or us if you keep doing that. Our job is to prevent rule violations, not apply the offender's standards for mitigating circumstances.

Just like teamkilling the virgin on DTV may make most of the team happy due to the map change, it's forbidden and results in a ban. I have been banned myself for it before my admin times, and I learned not to repeat my actions. Likewise, even if your so-called jokes (looks more like failed anger management to me and I doubt anyone enjoys it, but w/e) makes most of the server happy, it's forbidden and results in a ban.

You have zero right to be pissed off because a rule violation is never okay.

The next time I see you ragepolling someone, I'll ban you for a day and make sure that ban won't be lifted even if the poll target was your 50-years happily married spouse, everyone LOLs and the poll got 0% positive votes. If you need to vent or be funny, find rule-conforming manners to do so, and you and us admins can peacefully coexist till the end of time. Don't, and face bans in increasing duration until you change.

What a fucking joke of a post.

Go fuck yourself, where did all these shit admins come from?

A little food for thought. The minute or so your poll is active is a minute where a serious poll can't be put up. Nothing major, but worth to consider when you troll-poll.

Noted. A real admin takes it easy and doesn't go overboard, wish people could learn from Gurnisson instead of masturbating over the fact that they're admin and thinking they're some kind of special force group against "rule-breaking".

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 09:30:48 pm »
You should probably lock this Bjord since it is resolved :)

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 09:34:11 pm »
What a fucking joke of a post.

Go fuck yourself, where did all these shit admins come from?

Noted. A real admin takes it easy and doesn't go overboard, wish people could learn from Gurnisson instead of masturbating over the fact that they're admin and thinking they're some kind of special force group against "rule-breaking".

I'm not sure if you noticed but Gurni essentialy said the same to you what Austriano and others - think before you act like an asshole.

Which you clearly cannot do, therefore I will lock this post before you embarass yourself further.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.