Author Topic: Ban request on GeeeeeeeSpot  (Read 4979 times)

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
Re: Ban request on GeeeeeeeSpot
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2015, 09:58:26 am »
Wait, you just admited yourself that you are annoying people purposely (cf. common sense)

Surely everyone has broken this rule already, but the striking point is that you do it almost all the time with your buddies! Trolling is general is not the problem, what people complain about is the extensive version of yours
Uhh, nope, I never admitted to doing anything.
I'm saying that if you provide someone with a reaction a person will continue to annoy them.
I don't try to annoy people, I play to fuck around with some friends, that's it.
But if you open yourselves up and get super butt hurt people are going to take advantage lol.

I said "we" for lack of a better word, at least not one that I could think of.
We don't avoid confrontation 24/7, we fight when it comes to it, if I run past someone, it'll for the most part be to trick them into thinking I'm running past them. (Seriously, it has worked lol.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:32:59 am by Yeldur »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2015, 11:30:02 am »

We don't avoid confrontation 24/7, we fight when it comes to it, if I run past someone, it'll for the most part be to trick them into thinking I'm running past them. (Seriously, it has worked lol.)

Building your "base" at a place that has no tactical use for your team usually far away is not avoiding the fight? Ye, you might fight and the end, but then it is often far too late because you have avoided the battle too much before. As already mentioned: this is battle, not siege. Claiming you do fight is just a weak excuse for watching all others die, so that you can have your own fun.
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »
Building your "base" at a place that has no tactical use for your team usually far away is not avoiding the fight? Ye, you might fight and the end, but then it is often far too late because you have avoided the battle too much before. As already mentioned: this is battle, not siege. Claiming you do fight is just a weak excuse for watching all others die, so that you can have your own fun.
Yep, you're right.
In the future I'll try moving our bases to more tactful locations, that way the team can help us out as well by defending our position right? Because you guys clearly want to work together to win a match.
Try working with us instead of against us and I think things would go well. Just give it a try.
Anyways, I'm off to work now, so I'll be back at like 9:00pm to answer anymore questions :p

Have a good morning/afternoon/evening all.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:14:12 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2015, 02:01:05 pm »
So by that reckoning you want the majority of the server to adhere to your tactic so you guys can keep playing the way you want to play? Sounds reasonable...

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2015, 02:41:56 pm »
5 pages of this bullshit

But many things were said, and some misconceptions need to be cleared up:

Fighting back is not revenge, I defended myself along with the other Krems, and then gloated about it after we killed you.
Fighting back is not revenge, yes, but it's also a poor defence when you're the one who provoked the attack in the first place

Eh, I don't hold it against em, but just because we fuck around to have fun, doesn't give them a reason to rulebreak.
Golly, so their way of relieving stress and having fun is worse than your way of having fun and relieving stress? This is not how any of this works.

snip
Valuable input (I am NOT sarcastic)

... above all,  common sense applies ...

so repeating over and over again that it is your unique way of playing disregards the fact that it does have impact on the gaming experience of your team members, and for many, a negative one.

therefore,  imo you might as well scrap the sand out of your vagina and not take it serious if you get team attacked,  especially not start ban threads.  you fuck around,  let them blow off some steam,  and then get back to playing the game.  after all it was quite an event for the whole server to see you and barabe fight it out.  actually quite fun
Torben is absolutely right, and if you can't see it, you're a helpless hypocrite.

... the only reason you aren't banned out of hand is because there are so few people playing this game...
That is also correct, but even a small playerbase with "pragmatic" admins can't tolerate this kind of shit forever

Have you ever thought that the reason we continue to annoy you is because you give us a reaction, every time?
Do you even think about what you write here, trying to defend yourself and get someone else banned?

I'm saying that if you provide someone with a reaction a person will continue to annoy them.
I don't try to annoy people, I play to fuck around with some friends, that's it.
But if you open yourselves up and get super butt hurt people are going to take advantage lol.
No, you clearly don't think about what you write, this is pretty much victim blaming.  :?

Let me just sum it up for those with short attention span:
NO, being a krems itself is not a reason for a ban. NO, attempting to have fun in a different manner is not automatically griefing/bannable. HOWEVER, if your "fun" directly (teamkilling clanmates) or not-directly (avoiding fights, holding a position away from the main battle) interferes with other people's experience in a negative way, you should RETHINK your definition of "fun", and take into account the fact that some people have little time to spare for playing, and they'd rather not have this small amount of time spoiled for them.
And I am not saying that people teamkilling you were right, either. They should have screenshotted your griefing, not break the rules themselves. But STILL, it's in NO WAY an excuse for your actions.

Try to remember that behind every stupid face in this game sits another human who tries to just enjoy their time here.

No action taken, you're all guilty and you should all feel bad.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.