Poll

How do you feel about the new 2h stab animation?

Keep it
Revert it
I'm not sure.

Author Topic: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.  (Read 25539 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »
+5
(click to show/hide)

A huuuge % is on Im not sure because the poll was set so early on in the implementation of the new stab. A new poll would have to be made to get a more accurate poll. People who werent sure were probably like me, testing it for any kind of viable point where it would still be good just different. But so far the only thing good with the stab is that the animation is really hard to see, which imo is only bad. Not only does it suck for the one using it, since its so awkward to perform, but the defending part also gets pissed off when it actually hits because the animation looks so weird.

Re-poll, then decide whether to keep or no.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2015, 01:00:58 am »
You can change your vote (always could).

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2015, 08:01:50 am »
+1
You can change your vote (always could).

Oh, yeah, didnt notice that. Its pretty hidden tbh.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2015, 10:26:30 am »
+4
First time playing since the new 2h stab was implemented. Not my cup of tea, really. Feels awkward somewhat.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2015, 10:55:31 am »
+3
Honestly it's horrible, dunno who did the animation, but he better finds a new hobby. Not only horrible, but also useless, cos with almost all the swords is  impossible to target properly, cos the sword is invisible, covered by char's body.
But who cares, Bardiche 1shot ppl and has no stab.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2015, 11:25:20 am »
+4
You can aim with that stab, and kill people but damn it is so inferior to anything else from its own league.
Dmg is not bad but still lower than polearm or 1h
Reach is just good but if I want avoid glancing I have to do the same trick that with old one

If I caompare that to 1h stab I feel like that whole situation is simply a joke.
That stab is really weird, it is way better than previous version and I am not sure if i want old one back but if you mess with animations make sure you do that right.
And for GOD sake never ever even imply that retarded community(including me) have any deciding power when it comes to thingts like that.

And play and play and play with that shiet when you change it, a lot so you can have your own opinion on that.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2015, 11:34:12 am »
+7
What did you expect from the poll? There has always been a massive amount of 2h hate, and i predicted that it would continue to be so, no matter how weak the 2h class actually were. This proves it.

Lets go by the ''I'm paper, nerf scissors'' logic. Lets say that 25% of the community plays mainly 2h, then those 25% would not vote to keep the new stab. Lets say that of the remaining 75% that 25% of them also plays with a 2h on their alts frequently, so they might have a more or less neutral opinion on this. That still leaves 50% who will mainly vote for anything that might nerf the 2h class, because that means their class will stand stronger.

So essentially: When you make a poll regarding only one class, then why would all of the other classes not just vote for whatever makes that class the weakest, because that would lead to their own class being even stronger.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 754
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2015, 01:39:07 pm »
There is another problem with this new animation, something most players didn't notice or just don't use as often. With old lolstab, 2H could easily outreach lancers with some footwork. Right now that is also possible but it isn't nearly as effective like before. Currently 1H is much better at that. Not sure do I like the balance where only polearms (and huge portion of them) are the only effective way to deal with cav. It was better before when greatswords and long pikes were great against cav, but only long pikes could stop horses while greatswords could only harm them. At the moment, even polearms shorter than Poleaxe can stop horses which is bad design decision imho.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2015, 02:00:46 pm »
And for GOD sake never ever even imply that retarded community(including me) have any deciding power when it comes to thingts like that.
lol ... then please stop trying to make devs change the new stab back :P
It was actually their decision to change it in the first place, for good reasons ... not the communities choice ...

It is by far not as terrible as a few people try to make it here. I still personally like it and the change that comes with it.

I see in this thread mainly the usual cry babies complaining ... i'd say its good to stay ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:05:52 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2015, 02:21:54 pm »
+2
lol ... then please stop trying to make devs change the new stab back :P
It was actually their decision to change it in the first place, for good reasons ... not the communities choice ...

It is by far not as terrible as a few people try to make it here. I still personally like it and the change that comes with it.

I see in this thread mainly the usual cry babies complaining ... i'd say its good to stay ;)
I was talking about that poll, and way how they specified that points.
And I am not trying to change it back. It is just my feedback, I just dont like how that animations go with whole game and other classes.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2015, 01:36:34 am »
+8
From another thread that I did not want to derail any further.

Majority voted it in and then majority voted to keep it.

Simply all there is too it.
I have some qualms with the faith you have in this poll. First of all, it was posted too soon after release, I abstained until I got proper hands on experience with it, but I am sure not everyone did. Second of all, the forum as a medium has some drawbacks, mainly the large amount of lurkers that don't actually play the game and conversely the large amount of players that never visit the forum. Many forum lurkers probably just enjoy fucking about or even enjoy seeing the 2h stab changed solely because it messes with 2h heroes. I have qualms with putting faith in democracy anyway on any level, because many people have a biased or poorly motivated opinion, many single class players probably only care about their own fun.

In the light of these things, the 21.5% people that voted 'not sure' and the marginal victory of the 'keep it' option with 41.4% compared to 37%, I hope the decision has not been made. If it has, I guess I will start a furious campaign for people to change votes and I fully expect that even a decimal point in favour of reverting it will see it done.

Anyway, I think that the 2h stab change made the game significantly more boring as it brought a defining feature of the 2h class much closer to polearm. I find myself looking over all the 2h weapons and picking non-stab weapons every time. I don't see the point of playing stab 2h if I can play stab polearm. More diversity is more fun, and more fun should trump more realism every time, especially at this point. I don't see much of a way to fix this by editing the animation, as the reach is such a vital part of what made 2h stab have its distinct and fun role.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2015, 01:54:50 am »
+2
It's not that much shorter.
I've even heard people call it OP.
I personally have no trouble using it to great effect in duels, battle and siege.

I've made some adjustments to the readying part of the animation, so it should be a smoother transition for feints and the like.
I've also tried to make it bounce less near full extension.

By all means, feel free to run another poll or something else.
But I do place worth on polls, statistically, there should be an equal number of biased people on each side, etc.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2015, 10:17:18 am »
I think changing 1h stab and polearm stab will be a good way to kill off the remaining population, there still is a few people on the servers.

Quick! make another idiotic change to kill the mod once and for all!

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2015, 03:01:04 am »
+4
Anyone calling the new 2h stab op is either trying to be funny, trolling or to be commended for typing while wearing the designer jacket with the extra straps and no holes in the sleeves.

I have hit with it but as a surprise tactic because its so utterly shit hardly anyone uses it.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2015, 07:56:26 am »
+2
I don't like it. While the original stab had problems of its own, let's not just change it from something people have been playing the game with for years. I'm finding it incredibly annoying to play cRPG along with other modules that have the original stab.

A recent Strat battle village defense showed the Legionary side using almost exclusively polearms - I'm gonna have to go ahead and say the shitty new 2h stab has something to do with this. The only guy man enough to use a 2h on the other side was Schoi, bless his heart.

Hopefully Bannerlord will have a 2h stab that makes more sense - and is actually made by professional developers.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.