Author Topic: Stop Strat?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
Re: Stop Strat?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 07:02:09 pm »
Please reset strat but give me a shinny army and 100,000 troops so as I can rampage around the map like a bunch of angry wildlings.

Cheers

Frank

I would have no issue with this.

Weapons:  All stones.  No siege gear, just lots and lots of rocks.
No horses or donkeys

And port him into the mountains.  ;-) Wages would be 145k+ per hour.   

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »
Ok, and then ? what changes ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2014, 02:01:08 am »
+1
Reset

strat 5 has been a disaster since the start.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2014, 02:49:24 am »
Agreed on the reset.  Best answer.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2014, 12:20:52 pm »
Reset

Agreed on the reset.  Best answer.

The round will start in 1011 days, and last exactly for 10 months.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2014, 12:29:56 pm »
+1
Stopped, and I'm also looking into a rollback once this is over.

Roll it back to Strat 2.0 please. Its the only way to fix it.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2014, 02:15:28 pm »
Can you unfreeze the map now that things seem to have settled?

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2014, 09:47:11 pm »
Reset

Yep, there should be some sort of poll every one month or so whether EU/NA needs to restart. Currently no one is playing EU strat and there is nothing to do except waiting day X when strategus will be over. With polls players will have even some chance to affect strategus balance. If one faction/alliance is getting too strong, players could poll for restart strategus. Strategus is a nice little extra for cRPG, without it there are just battle server and arcade ultimate spamming simulator siege for leveling up low level characters. If those are only options, no wonder people are quiting and playing another games.

Let's hope this new Tournament game mode spices up mod, at least there it won't help if you make an alliance with three biggest factions so you can run over enemies with overwhelming armours and weapons.

Offline Thorning

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2014, 10:17:57 pm »
+1
I don't understand why people are raging so hard that strat is dead, its dead because you all don't know how to teamplay except we who are in the UIF! there will allways be one alliance who is better, if we restart strat it will be the same outcome as this anyways, there is no changing that, you just gotta admit, we are the best.
and an restart will never happen just because one alliance is better than the other one, it dosen't make sense, then chadz will need to restart it everytime if one alliance get's the upperhand.
thats all from me!
/Mr smith from the Greys!

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2014, 11:41:21 pm »
+1
Yep, there should be some sort of poll every one month or so whether EU/NA needs to restart. Currently no one is playing EU strat and there is nothing to do except waiting day X when strategus will be over. With polls players will have even some chance to affect strategus balance. If one faction/alliance is getting too strong, players could poll for restart strategus. Strategus is a nice little extra for cRPG, without it there are just battle server and arcade ultimate spamming simulator siege for leveling up low level characters. If those are only options, no wonder people are quiting and playing another games.

Let's hope this new Tournament game mode spices up mod, at least there it won't help if you make an alliance with three biggest factions so you can run over enemies with overwhelming armours and weapons.

Polling for restart cause one side got too srong - made my day
(click to show/hide)

Offline SkittlesofRivendale

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 12:02:46 am »

That's an awful idea.

So basically, anyone who dislikes losing will poll to restart it?  Any big parties/alliances will lose out every time on this simply because people dislike them owning the map?

Also it takes a couple of weeks to even get a decent army.  It'd be a shame for someone who is playing alone and attempting to do something with their hero to be suddenly reset because people complain about larger factions beating them senseless every time.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2014, 12:53:29 am »

unfortunately its just your subjective opinion. nothing more. its not like you are wrong but its just an opinion. subjective thing but not a truth.
role of strategus for players:
(click to show/hide)
how did this opinion came to you?
(click to show/hide)
polling for the strat reset
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 12:58:29 am by Dark_Blade »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2014, 01:48:35 am »
Reset and make it a gimmick round of Strat

Give Frank his hilariously big army and some minion volunteers and let's all fight him/each other.

"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline jack786

• Count
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
  • Field Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadia
  • Game nicks: Nefcok
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2014, 12:49:24 pm »
yes, please
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2014, 06:43:16 pm »
+1
@SkittlesofRivendale, i think you misunderstood something or you are not familiar with democracy. In order to restart strategus the result of poll needs majority of yes-votes. Let me give two simply examples.

1: There are Greys, DRZ, Kapikulus, Byz, Quincys, Fallens and Coorporation on strategus map, playing actively and they all have plans what to do next. If a poll appears, i'm sure all those active clans would vote "no" and majority of votes are "no". No restart.

2: There are Greys, DRZ, Kapikulus on strategus map, rest of the clans playing only EU1, EU2 and are waiting for day X when strategus will be restarted. If a poll appears, most of players will vote "yes" and if majority of votes are "yes" then strategus will be restarted.

"So basically, anyone who dislikes losing will poll to restart it?" No, not even three players could restart strategus because they are disliking losing. And ofc polls are held by devs. See the diffenrence now?
@Knitler, Not sure if trolling but i still answer. Not voting because one side is getting too strong but because strategus has become so unbalanced that other factions cannot do anything, like now.

@Dark Blade, Yep, my writings are my opinions, this is a forum where people post their opinions, like me and you.

(click to show/hide)

hmmm... Not really. I don't care xp in strategus battles, i really dont. Still, strategus battles should reward with good xp because most of cRPG players play for xp and if strategus battles offer good xp, it keeps strategus alive. It's not about winning or losing in strategus, there is nothing to "win" anyway. I don't get sad if my faction isn't winning, ofc it's nice to win some battles. All i really want are good equal battles in strategus where factions are fighting ~equal gear so both parties have a chance to win. If i were playing strategus only for winning and wanted overrun enemies without effort, i would rename my characters, be nice to UIF and try to join them. I'm sure that isn't so hard to accomplish. Not want to sound arrogant but i am better player than most of UIF players. If you think about it, you are recruiting very actively players so your average skill level isn't that high. Nords, Mercs and Byz are recruiting rarely and carefully new players, so with confident i can say, their skill levels are far best among other clans.

Back to winning/losing/equal battles, for example this battle:
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=1450
i knew Nords are inactive in strategus but i wanted to help them to get a castle. For my dissapoint rosters were filled 1:UIF players, 2: others. And what dissapointed me most was the whole battle. Defenders fought hard, actually much better than we did but because we had clearly better weapons (armours were ~equal), the castle was easily taken.

Other example: when Kalmars joined last strategus and we had a war against Conquistadores, both rosters were full and filled with Greys, DRZ, Kapikulus, Fallens, Byz, Mercs. Not this typical 1: UIF players, 2: others. We lost some battle and won some battles, i really wouldn't have cared a less what had been the result of that war, lose or win, not care. i enjoyded that whole war and those battles because they were tough, equal and really hard to win.

"dont talk shit to your enemy because as you can understand - its only a rage, nothing more." I'm sure for now you understand my point of balanced strategus. I really don't have problem with Grey or DRZ as clans. You have played together long long time and that's fine, however i (can confess) casually trash talk to spineless dickless cunt players, players like Knitler or Varadin or Kapikulus. They are very well aware of how good Greys/DRZ are doing in strategus and they still wanted to winner-join them whereas other factions need all possible help even to get rosters full. It's a huge plus if players average level is +30. If there is time when some other faction is dominating +70% of strategus map, i will fight against them. If there is time when Greys and DRZ are clearly beaten by stronger enemy, i will roster support you. As i said, i have nothing against Greys and DRZ as clans.

"if something like this going to be happened irl would you make a poll for the changing the world because its unfair FOR YOU?" i believe i already answered this. Polls are not for making one person life/feelings/interests better. Polling for either "yes" or "no" needs majority of votes, not same as one person feels he want to change something for his favor. That's more like dictator.

Whou, what a wall of text and most people "tl;dr" :)
Cheers