Author Topic: Banned at Crpg for Leeching?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Sir_Frank

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Banned at Crpg for Leeching?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 08:09:22 pm »
[15:49:46] msg,[ADMIN][Patoson] dont leech Frank
[15:49:55] kill,Frank_Of_Brack,Nomad,ranged,Tatar Bow,Tatar Arrows,hb_head
[15:50:21] msg,Patoson banned player Frank_Of_Brack for 1h. Reason: Leeching.

Doing nothing for 26 seconds seems reasonable for a ban to you? This only proves that I was not afk hence I didn't break the rule patoson said. There is no rule against standing still. There is a rule against leeching aka doing nothing which I did not do if you look at the logs above.

having stood around for that long

You do know the enemies that spawn has to come for you? Also there was a shieldwall holding off the attackers. I couldn't get them while not wounding my own teammates, prefer not to break the rules.

the ban was reasonable. 1 Hour is nothing.

The hour doesn't bother me. This ban is now on my record while I have done absolutely nothing wrong as shown in the logs.

If you really believe that this ban is reasonable then you can ban every player on DTV because I am pretty sure Patoson himself has been standing still for over 20 seconds.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 08:27:52 pm »
I admit that I have "stood AFK" sometimes in DTV, but it's just for a wave of the three, and it's to roll a cigarette, but then, for the rest of the round, I fight. Other times it might have been admin duty and other times I have clearly leeched, but, then, if I could, before the end of the round, or at the next one, I left the server as some sort of punishment (so I don't get the xp and gold) (kinda like kicking myself).

I try to avoid leeching myself, but sometimes you forget to go spectator or leave, but I think I don't do this very often, and the common cases are those where I roll for a wave then fight.

But the people I kick and ban for leeching, they do it for entire rounds, and I think they don't deserve the xp and gold if they do nothing to earn it.

I kicked you earlier today for that reason, and, this second time, every time I looked at you, you looked AFK. If I was wrong about that, I am sorry, but, like I said, if that is not good reason for you, consider your previous kicks for leeching and how you committed suicide on the previous map the reason.

Offline Sir_Frank

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 08:39:19 pm »
I accept the apology consider this thread done and dealt with

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 08:42:21 pm »
You were afk before that between;

[15:46:25] kill,Nomad,dagu807,melee,Red Tassel Spear,hb_calf_l
[15:49:46] msg,[ADMIN][Patoson] dont leech Frank

Given that the first kill there is the nomad, being close enough for you to kill, and that the first thing with nomads, where you DIE was at;

[15:49:55] kill,Frank_Of_Brack,Nomad,ranged,Tatar Bow,Tatar Arrows,hb_head

that clearly shows that you weren't participating in the battle.

The logs show that you weren't responding, the last record of you beforehand was you again, dying to the bots;

[15:44:33] kill,Frank_Of_Brack,Bandit,melee,Maul,hb_spine

So, this whole incident spans roughly 6 minutes, for which you show in the logs only four times, one of which is Patoson banning you, the other, warning you and the other two where you died, having done nothing else. I'm strongly inclined to say that you were leeching, you did not respond nor did you kill anything, no one is that bad at level 30 with teammates around you.

The bottom line is, you're leeching, the logs back that story up, and the ban was miniscule, you broke the rules and thus you deal with the consequences.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:50:47 pm by Tennenoth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Sir_Frank

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »
So how can I stop leeching after I died? I died in combat from a headshot by one of those HA this does clearly indicate that I was in combat. I am pretty sure that AI bot archers can't kill you from spawn when the shieldwall is covering you.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:19 pm »
Holy hell. One more time;

You were alive before the Bandit killed you, when the bandit killed you @ [15:44:33] you waited until roughly 10 seconds after [15:45:46] (when the last bandit died) to spawn, the first Nomad was killed at [15:46:25], therefore close enough for you to kill.

Next thing that happens is Patoson warning you for leeching @ [15:49:46] before you die again @ [15:49:55] and finally you're banned @ [15:50:21].

So, you had ample opportunity between 15:46:25 to 15:49:46 between the time the first nomad was killed to the time you were warned to be active, to do "something", you were warned and then died before finally being booted from the server.

I cannot make it any more simple for you to understand that all the evidence is against you, the only reason I've put this much effort into explaining this is because it is not my ban, I was asked to present the logs as an impartial admin, with only the evidence to make judgement on, and that evidence supports the ban.

I'm locking this thread, the ban was justified, I cannot put this in any more of a plain way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are