10 (35.7%)
Not interested
2 (7.1%)
Interested but have not posted
2 (7.1%)
Already part of a clan
14 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Who'd be interested in a casual clan where Tactical play is all thats needed?  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
Ok guys I'm a casual / regular crpg player who really enjoys the battles but rarely sees any organisation in the battles he plays in. If you feel the same way as me well then I'm thinking of creating such a clan (no definates yet), and just post if you'd be interested. Doesn't matter about your level or ability, just your attitude and want to enjoy the game  :)

My steam is Commodore Lorenzo the Third if you wanna contact me there. Otherwise just post what you think so i can guage how many of us there are.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:19:02 pm by Lorenzo_of_Iberia »
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
I would be interested. It would be nice for a change to see melee troops form actual lines, and ranged troops stick together. With TS/Vent yo could get real coordination instead of "OK we all pull right and do our own thing kind of sticking together" which is as complicated as I have ever seen typed out in battles.

I am not a great player but I am willing to actually be in a clan where there is a real comander directing things.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
Most clans are for this purpose.

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Thing is I understand clans do this and i respect it but Its just for one reason or another all the clans I've looked through don't suit me so just exploring the options.

Tears of Destiny thanks for posting man, it's nice to see someone who shares the same idea :) Hopefully there will be more out there :D
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
Most clans are for this purpose.
Most clans are for this purpose but to differing levels of actually implementing it.

BRD for example is shield wall shield wall shield wall and occasionally time coordinated charges with cav and infantry down to seconds. Love them or hate them for using that one shield, they are coordinated no matter how you look at it (Regardless of battle skill, they use good tactics...). Other clans fail miserably at this. Several clans even say in their description that they promote teamwork but in practice you see pairs of people and a general "loose" plan at best. While some clans do seem to be better with "loose" tactics and work wonders (Like RS) the vast majority fail at it. Looking at ATS for example, I have never seen any indication that they use TS/Vent for coordinating planned assaults beyond their cav sticking together.

I am not saying that every clan is unorganized, I am merely saying that the majority use "tactics" that I disagree with.

Thing is I understand clans do this and i respect it but Its just for one reason or another all the clans I've looked through don't suit me so just exploring the options.

Tears of Destiny thanks for posting man, it's nice to see someone who shares the same idea :) Hopefully there will be more out there :D
No problem  :D
I am really looking forward to this actually, as I have a preference for organization, heh.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Well I'm all for it. I miss tactical battles (used to play in an FH tourny for BF1942 - good times). But yeah, we would need a TS or vent server. Hell even skype conference call would potentially work.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
ive been thinking about such clan but only with mongol-like cav players ^^ because how can there be no mongol group in crpg seriously

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
ive been thinking about such clan but only with mongol-like cav players ^^ because how can there be no mongol group in crpg seriously

That would be amusing, do a Golden Horde faction, heh. Cav only would be hard to keep up though for the upkeep. The Mongolians did use infantry though...

Offline Croaker McGee

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • You can't spell 'Slaughter' without 'Laughter'.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Croaker_McGee_Jr_Astralis
... Looking at ATS for example, I have never seen any indication that they use TS/Vent for coordinating planned assaults beyond their cav sticking together.

You've clearly never been on the receiving end of the ATS Phalanx.  :shock:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
You've clearly never been on the receiving end of the ATS Phalanx.  :shock:

Indeed, clearly. This last week I sunk 50+ hours into multiplayer and I guess I missed it.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
That would be amusing, do a Golden Horde faction, heh. Cav only would be hard to keep up though for the upkeep. The Mongolians did use infantry though...

yeah they propably did on sieges and when terrain was really not good for cav so no problem with dismounting on such maps ;p

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
Santa Squad is the closest thing to this right now.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Santa Squad is the closest thing to this right now.

santa hats dont seem very mongol ;] and i think they are more for the lulz than to play on regular basis ;p

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I think as effective as mongol tactics were, I'd like to keep this thing open to all players as it adds diversity and therefore different usable elements. But no doubt in a mod for "Mount and blade - warband" cavalry will be a valuable and essential asset to this whole project and mongolian like cavalry will be useful.

And i haven't ever seen an effective phalanx in crpg yet - clan or no clan :P
Your local Jav Cav

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well if you are interested post your build (be that build your aiming at) with stats and equipment and then also whether you are EU or NA :) then i can try and organise the few of us :P

Feel free to message me as well :D
Your local Jav Cav