Author Topic: Kong Ming's Short Guide to Making Your Own Maps. (No Module System Required)  (Read 16978 times)

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
Map Upload
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011, 05:29:33 pm »
Hey first of all i would like to thank you for this awesome guide, it helped me very much.

My question is i have created a Siege map and finished it.  I have a cRPG server were i coould run it, but i dont know how i upload it/ which files shall i copy and where shall i copy then ( in which file) i have the my_scn_16.sco and the scenes.txt uploaded on teamspeak 3 so my friend could upload them but we dont know how.

Sorry for my bad english.  :)

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
Thanks for the awesome guide! I might try this now.

Offline TheSpike

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
This thread really helped me out. Made my own map today, but I don't really know how to make it functional for multiplayer.

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Okay, been away from the forums for quite a while.  I'll try to address some questions in case people are still checking in.

RipperX:

Are you running Vista?  I know some other people have had troubles with saving maps on Vista.  If so, try running Warband as an admin when you edit and see if that helps.  Otherwise, I'm not sure how to help you, but check the Taleworlds forum.

ToxicKilla:
I've noticed that ladders won't function properly until you exit edit mode, exit the map, and reload it from the multiplayer host menu.  Have you tried this?  This is generally a good thing to try anytime something you've just added isn't working but should be.

Darkwulf:
If you want friends to try your map, they basically need a copy of your "mod."  Archive your mod folder and send it to them.  When they run the mod they should be able to try the map in multiplayer by hosting a game for themselves.

Vagabond:
I think you can just rename your mod "Native" and swap it in for the Native folder already on the server.  Back-up the old Native folder first to be safe.  Then people running native should in theory be able to join your server and play the custom map.  I'm not positive on this one though since I haven't managed a server in a while.  Find Airith on these forums, he can help you better than I.

Spike:
If you want it on the cRPG server's, post it in the completed maps thread and they can tell you what to do next.  If you want to host it yourself in Native then you should basically follow my advice to Vagabond.

I'm glad the guide is proving helpful to people.  Hang in there and feel free to ask more questions (especially if my answers were too short, it's late).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Kong-who? I swear I know you from somewhere, I just cant quite put my finger on it..... :)

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Seabhac

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Mt. Seabass
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Cimmeria
  • Game nicks: SHC_SEABHAC
Hey Kong thanks for the guide, could you pretty please up date this for 1.142?

edit* took the time to figure out the module_sys and setting up QSC in 1.142 on steam, but it would be great of course if you udated anyways. This is very handy for someone really fresh to it looking to get a taste, I had 1.134 as a separate install and was able to use your files to do so.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:21:28 am by Seabhac »
http://www.SnowhawkClan.org

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
UPDATED FOR 1.143!

Download here:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2523

Sorry that took so long, bad at checking forums regularly.  :?

Offline Fuer_Grissa_Ost_Drauka

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: D'Hara
  • Game nicks: Fuer_Grissa_Ost_Drauka
  • IRC nick: Fuer_Grissa
Re: Kong Ming's Short Guide to Making Your Own Maps. (No Module System Required)
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 10:00:25 pm »
For some reason, i can't get this link to load " http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2523 " (not sure if it's just the mbrepository or my fault) but everytime I click that link I get a network timeout..  I've tried to load it for about 4-5 hours now and nothing has changed.. maybe the site is down? idk, but i would like to try scene editing, and i can't figure out how to use most of what the other tutorial says (alot of images don't show(and an image is apparently worth 1000 words, lol)) so i was wondering if you could check the link for me, or post a new link from another site (if you can) otherwise I guess I will just keep trying the current one.. lol..
Kills/Deaths: 0:∞

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: Kong Ming's Short Guide to Making Your Own Maps. (No Module System Required)
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 10:41:50 pm »
Repository have been down all day. Really, you'll find a lot of useful info in: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,98.0.html
Read through the forum, you'll find most answers here, or if your really shit out of look go look in the official forums.
Monkeys!

Offline Fuer_Grissa_Ost_Drauka

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: D'Hara
  • Game nicks: Fuer_Grissa_Ost_Drauka
  • IRC nick: Fuer_Grissa
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 08:41:38 pm »
Now that i think of it, do i even need these files? i mean, can't i just use the native scene files and still get the same basic outcome? All i want to do is try to use this scene editor, since the last one I tried has blank spots in the tutorial. Couldn't I just use a copy of the native module to edit scenes, even though it has some different scenes, I should still be able to save them and submit them to the servers.. Right?
Kills/Deaths: 0:∞

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2011, 09:11:29 pm »
Of course, I would even suggest copying cRPG instead, because of the built in scene chooser and new building textures. What You need to submit a map is simply the proper .sco file (which you can rename, as long as it's the same as the name in scenes.txt) and the terrain info in scenes.txt.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:54:20 pm by Jacko »
Monkeys!

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
i'm making a map(for the first time), but i don't really have an idea how much KB my map will turn out to have. could anyone tell me where you could see that?

thx

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Go to the SceneObj map in the copied version of Native you use for mapmaking and search for your scene. If you made it using this guide its probably my_scene 1 or something. The size of the sco file is your map size which shouldn't exceed 600kb.

In my experience 600 kb is quite a lot and you have to go nuts to reach it.