Author Topic: UIF Coalition  (Read 28718 times)

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
Re: UIF Coalition
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 02:41:11 pm »
Mercs look cool, but even Templars and Fallens did on the sheet. They still have to pass the test of the battlefield... So far only few factions proved to be strong enemies despite the numbers
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 03:24:48 pm »
Huh. You obviously weren't there for the Merc battles that i was in.

3 in total, 2 were the ones Olwen should've lead, should being the keyword there, with, imo, pretty crappy equipment. One contract to take a castle for us Guards was led by... uh, name escapes me, I think Gnjus, but not sure, and again not really good equipment for inf and no good organisation. That was even my first GTX i believe...
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »
Some clans didn't have majour wars but they still learning from others and shouldn't be underestimated.

I'd say for UIF, do you know how difficult it is sometimes to command battles with half players only speaking russian and half speaking english :) But still we learned to work together as a team. :) And we still learning.
So for others it will be easier to just lead english speaking.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »
didn't read all the stuff, just lansamur's message

actually i won all my battles with a pretty nice k/d ratio for my armies, always >1, so yes i used crappy equipment because i bought stuff that i was planning to use later for archers, and i wanted to make profit from the contract, aka gaining gold and not spending, but i always won my battle with a quite good ratio even against better equiped troops, then yep i make strategies but i don't like barking on people so they do things, i give a plan at the beggining then people do it, i'm not barking all the time do this or do that because i clearly think it's useless and just make people angry, myself mostly

well, then if you think that we're crappy battle leaders and that you can easily beat us give it a try so we can have some fun

///

ptx only talks for himself, not for us :) if you start a new war hire us again, or fear that your enemy will hire us :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:41:04 pm by Olwen »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Agreed with olwen, on Equip side, we also often use less exphencive equipment then our enemies. If enemy buys equip for 300k for 1k troops and we buy 100k worth equip for 1k trops and kd is 1/1 at the end, we consider it a good trade.
Very often money is more important in strategus then tickets. But best to keep ballance.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 08:01:30 pm »
Mercs look cool, but even Templars and Fallens did on the sheet. They still have to pass the test of the battlefield... So far only few factions proved to be strong enemies despite the numbers

I don't know who you are but we are still dangerous. 

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 10:42:11 pm »
Thats funny. Every now and then I heard or read from some people (whose names I never saw or heard before, mostly) that we, the Fallens, are the "weakest" of the bigger Clans and things like this.
I am Fallen Member nearly since the beginning, and I know all our active players from the battlefield and mostly from personal talks in teamspeak, too.
And all I can say is that we´ve got a A LOT of skilled and active players. And skilled means skilled, not just high level.
So everyone who´s making the Brigade looking small - never underestimate us.
thanks and sry for crappy english :D

I don't know really if you are skilled (in game and tactic/teamplay) but what i see is that Fallen are the last "big" clan to fight against UIF and resist to there urge of good play, they have destroyed every enemies that faced them. They showed best tactics and use of game mechanics (i don't say exploiting) and Nebun said it was fun to fight against you, that would say that he show some respect.
I have fight for many clans as a merc, i enjoyed to be on orders of UIF (most Drz and 22nd) also Fallen and others, but sorry to say after Growl's gone, i stopped quickly to fight for Templars.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:44:57 pm by Blondin »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 05:24:21 pm »
I can't believe people are still remembering that one siege where we had horses... Honestly, it was done for the lulz.
Meh, but then people always remember that one fail, never the countless wins before and after that.
Anyhow, done offtopicking on your thread, UIF, GL with whatever you do.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 01:55:02 am »
I can't believe people are still remembering that one siege where we had horses... Honestly, it was done for the lulz.
Meh, but then people always remember that one fail, never the countless wins before and after that.
Anyhow, done offtopicking on your thread, UIF, GL with whatever you do.

We don't mind, but thanks PTX. Gl with your merc business too.
when UIF looks at you

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 03:21:00 am »
For those people posting that they think the Pub Crawl ruined Strategus - yeah, it might have been boring for you, but it was formed as a way for all involved to essentially stop playing. Personally I found the idea of stockpiling troops and gold (yeah, really, since it only came from cRPG grind) for ever a little dull. Some factions obviously find that hugely entertaining, but I don't. And the alternative was/is to go to war, an option that requires far too much time and commitment. Staying up till the early morning every night of the week wore a little thin.

Its a little naive to pretend that Strategus would have turned out any differently if the Pub Crawl hadn't happened. In fact, we postponed the inevitable a little by opening up huge amounts of land for other new clans. The way it is currently, it'll always end in stalemate because there is no goal - except the one of world conquest, which is only feasible with a huge super alliance made up of a lot of factions. Which hasn't happened yet, but it would eventually after the last two super factions fight it out - except that they wouldn't, there'd be a few battles and then one side would get bored and give up.

Its also nice to see that the people accusing the Pub Crawl of destroying Strategus/making it boring are members of the largest clans. If you're all so bored, why don't you stop sitting around and fight? Fallen can attack the Northern Alliance of Lethargy, Mercs can go fight UIF, and LLJK can mop up the smaller clans :)

Oh, and nice thread UIF folks.
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 03:23:00 am »
Oh, and nice thread UIF folks.

+1, it's a lovely thread.

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 03:24:41 am »
+1, it's a lovely thread.

It is indeed fabulous. Are you here as part of an ambassadorial visit?
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2011, 03:31:38 am »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 04:11:31 am »
we didn't have plans in UIF to take on guards or shogunate, if not for pub crawl we could have some nice smaller wars.
but its up to you what to do, pub crawl or not :)
when UIF looks at you

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 04:30:13 am »
Sounds like you want a visit from the NE there guard.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning