Author Topic: What we need is something special!  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
What we need is something special!
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »
+4
c-RPG is getting less populated every single day, my thoughts to bring some players back, or get a few new is, that we need some new things people want to play for, for example some new items, you cant get for money or loompoints, some you cant win on any tournemnts, some noone has already, some that are shiny, maybe a little bit op, but pretty rare, some no player can get for beeing the best, some you cant get through grinding no life everyday (like i did  :lol:)
There are items enough, but the way you can get loomed stuff is too fast in my opinion, maybe we should add a few items, you can loom on Rank 10, to make them special idk... bring ideas pls
I know, this is pretty swammy, and there isnt a real plan behind, but if you got any thoughts, i guess we can get some things in here to bring ppls.
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Re: What we need is something special!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:12:28 pm »
+1
gib the 4th upgrade. Give us the possibility to upgrade a +3 item with like 10 more lps to a better item. Not imba. Just better than before!

oh and btw, http://forum.melee.org/events/bb's-ingame-challenges/

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:13:00 pm »
+3
Are you high?
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Zeltino

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 07:13:56 pm »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(click to show/hide)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 07:14:46 pm »
+11

There are items enough, but the way you can get loomed stuff is too fast in my opinion, maybe we should add a few items, you can loom on Rank 10, to make them special idk... bring ideas pls

This is a terrible idea, +10s ? No way. Min maxers will have their +10 stuff with level 38 characters, and it'll end what's left of this mod.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 07:18:35 pm »
This is a terrible idea, +10s ? No way. Min maxers will have their +10 stuff with level 38 characters, and it'll end what's left of this mod.

lol didn't even read that! ye, +10s would totally destroy the game!

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 07:22:40 pm »
Ok, not +10 then :D
That was just an idea... :)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 07:47:26 pm »
+1
Good idea -- I mean good idea to think of ways to give players something more to strive for.  Let's use this thread for brain-storming and coming up with creative ideas.

1.  Cosmetic items could work -- those are always nice.  You know, like the crowned helm they gave for tournaments and such.  We'd need a bunch of them though, and the trouble is we'd need people to make all the models, and THEN need devs to actually put them in some time this century.

2.  I kind of like the idea of being able to loom past +3 -- but making it scale, so you'd need like 10 LPs to make it a +4 (and it would add just 1 more damage or armor) and then 20 LP to make it +5 (which would just add a little weight to the weapon, or take off 0.2 weight from an armor), or something like that.  It would make almost no difference in terms of balance, but give people something to strive for.

3.  Maybe more titles.  We get titles for owning fiefs or retiring at a very high level -- but what about a title for killing 10 players in a single round?  Or if playing as cav, getting a title for getting 12 bumps in a round, but no kills?  Or a title for getting a positive k:dr in a match using a weapon you have 0 wpf in?  Kind of like achievements -- problem is again it may be difficult to implement.  Maybe impossible.

4. We have a good grind/LP system for "no-lifers" -- we just need a better way to spend the LP.  Maybe you can use LPs in strat somehow -- like can exchange them for a bunch of silver or troops or something.  We need some kind of LP sink -- so help me think of ideas for this.
- LP exchange for troops?
- LP exchange for silver?
- LP exchange for a strat item upgrade (like you can loom items in a fief using LP)
- I don't play strat a lot, see what else it can be used for
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:57:52 pm by Penitent »

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 08:04:43 pm »
Oooo!  I just had a good idea, to use LP on forging your own weapons.

Like, say you have 10 Lps -- You can loom an italian sword to +3 -- but then you can customize it.  Like, you can want to take off 1 speed but add 2 damage (costs 3 more LPs).  Then you want to add a damage to the thrust, but that means you have to take off another speed (costs 2 more LPs).  Add .5 to weight, another LP.  Then you spend 1 more LP to name it "Joe's Italian Sword."  10 LPs spend at the Forge.

Like, it would be a slider bar where you can adjust the stats -- but every time you increase one stat, it decreases others (to keep balance)... and every change costs a LP.   There would be hard limits on how much change you can make, to avoid trollish weapons (like 50 cut italian sword with 20 speed or something)

Again, maybe hard to implement, but it would be web code more than changing game code I think.

If checks are put in to keep balance, it would be endless variation, and therefore endless sink of LP and more striving/achieving/grinding/feeling of progress.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:08:11 pm by Penitent »

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 08:07:52 pm »

Like, say you have 10 Lps -- You can loom an italian sword to +3 -- but then you can customize it.  Like, you can want to take off 1 speed but add 2 damage (costs 3 more LPs).  Then you want to add a damage to the thrust, but that means you have to take off another speed (costs 2 more LPs).  Add .5 to weight, another LP.

Like, a slider bar where you can adjust the stats -- but every time you increase one stat, it decreases others (to keep balance)... and every change costs a LP.  Then you can name it "Joe's Italian Sword" for another LP.  There would be hard limits on how much change you can make, to avoid trollish weapons (like 50 cut italian sword with 20 speed or something)

Again, maybe hard to implement, but it would be web code more than changing game code I think.

nope that would be bs. It's already hard to estimate an enemy now with the different builds, but customizing the different weapons would be pretty fucking weird!

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 08:09:10 pm »
nope that would be bs. It's already hard to estimate an enemy now with the different builds, but customizing the different weapons would be pretty fucking weird!

I think it would be better without knowing every single weapon in the game, and adding some uncertainty about your opponent.

As it is, people who play a lot can look at your char and memorize your reach, how much armor you have, etc before you even swing.  Might be cool.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 08:24:02 pm »
+7
Itemdrops or temporary buffs for certain in game deeds.

zum beispiel:

2 teamkills in 4 seconds doubles your PS for one minute

killing your horse with a punch spawns a ten meter long pike

headshooting a person for a huge distance turns you and one random enemy into a 20 IF 40 Strength flamberge tincan

if everyone in both teams form a perfect peace sign everyone turns into an aladin for two minutes, after which they turn back and rondomly drop from the sky

ja?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 08:55:14 pm »
I like to think, that making 1 level of weaponmaster cost 6 agi would really benefit the game.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 08:56:22 pm »

Like, say you have 10 Lps -- You can loom an italian sword to +3 -- but then you can customize it.  Like, you can want to take off 1 speed but add 2 damage (costs 3 more LPs).  Then you want to add a damage to the thrust, but that means you have to take off another speed (costs 2 more LPs).  Add .5 to weight, another LP.  Then you spend 1 more LP to name it "Joe's Italian Sword."  10 LPs spend at the Forge.

Like, it would be a slider bar where you can adjust the stats -- but every time you increase one stat, it decreases others (to keep balance)... and every change costs a LP.   There would be hard limits on how much change you can make, to avoid trollish weapons (like 50 cut italian sword with 20 speed or something)

If checks are put in to keep balance, it would be endless variation, and therefore endless sink of LP and more striving/achieving/grinding/feeling of progress.

Can i customize my weapons to have +5 electric shock for RP reasons?

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 09:08:39 pm »
I like the idea, to buy Loom exchanges for Strategus Items, it would make more ppl play strat, and when there will be more ppl maybe the greys start to play it activ again.
Also the idea to customize an weapon is good, it would make everey weapon your own,
!!! New idea :P
Maybe some Perks you could buy for a few lp's, lime crushtrough for an Morningstar, or more couch dmg for an lance u got etc