Author Topic: Black ground  (Read 543 times)

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
Black ground
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:43:10 am »
Hi,

I'm working on a map and have an issue with the ground on some parts of the map being totally black :

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've tried changing the color back to normal, it worked perfectly, but after saving then restarting the map the black color re-appeared exactly the same as before. Same results when I tried to lower this part of the map, so there's no way I can get rid of it.

I heard somewhere you had to increase the polygon size when using the map generator, but it's already at 5 meters. I also tried using the terrain code of native maps, but I've still got the same black ground issues. The map is big but I can't really reduce its size without being forced to take some things I had planned out.

I've seen only 2 topics about this on taleworld forums and they were all made 3 years ago, so would anyone please know how to fix this issue for Warband?

Thanks.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Black ground
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 03:41:42 pm »
I know a fix, unfortunately it is to delete the scene object file, and that'd kill your castle.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 03:45:40 pm »
haven't experienced this particular bug yet.

try making terrain poly size smaller, like 2m.  smaller is better looking anyway

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 04:23:09 pm »
The issue is with using an old object file and a new terrain string together.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 04:43:38 pm »
Problem with scn and terrain code. You can try and make a smaller terrain code and paste that instead of the one you are using.. Make sure you save the old one.
Monkeys!

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 05:04:11 pm »
Thanks for your answers.

I tried changing the polygon size to 2 and the bug affected almost the whole map so it's even worse.

Is there be a way of fixing this that wouldn't involve removing everything or reducing the size of the map? I probably wouldn't have enough space then to do what I planned...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:06:44 pm by Deathwhisper »