Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 07:37:33 pm »
German autobahns are retarded. Having speed limits makes for much smoother traffic.

I think that's an interesting argument, I never thought about that. I'd be tempted to say it doesn't really matter considering the absence of speed limits only really comes into play under very light traffic.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 08:00:48 pm »
Can't filter through a police roadhalt.

Da polise also shutdown a tunnel in the main road E6 recently because a dog was loose in there... Fkn hell.
Might not be able to pass through the blockade but you can surely filter your way to the front so you're the first one to go through man.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 08:02:30 pm »
Might not be able to pass through the blockade but you can surely filter your way to the front so you're the first one to go through man.

If you were an inconsiderate douchebag, not afraid of yours or others property? Sure.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 08:04:16 pm »
If you were an inconsiderate douchebag, not afraid of yours or others property? Sure.

How? Filtering through a bunch of aligned stopped cars isn't all that dangerous.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 08:09:26 pm »
How? Filtering through a bunch of aligned stopped cars isn't all that dangerous.

Assuming everyone is so far apart you can squeeze through, also you never know if someone will open their doors. Plenty of things to go wrong. Is there no queue culture in the rest of europe?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 08:13:13 pm »
Assuming everyone is so far apart you can squeeze through, also you never know if someone will open their doors. Plenty of things to go wrong. Is there no queue culture in the rest of europe?

Hmm, there is queue culture for cars, which includes leaving enough space for bikes between two lanes.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 08:27:59 pm »
In south of France, queue culture is "FUCK THEM ALL ! I WANT TO BE THE FIRST !"  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 09:05:49 pm »

Skip to 2:48 Cm.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2591
  • Infamy: 434
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 12:36:59 am »
Highways without speed limit like in Germany are only doable with minimum three lanes in each direction. Not every part of the highway outside Germany can fit those requirements, therefore reasonable speed limit is only option.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 11:26:05 am »
Hmm, there is queue culture for cars, which includes leaving enough space for bikes between two lanes.
umm, the space is intended for the ambulance and recovery vehicles.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »
umm, the space is intended for the ambulance and recovery vehicles.

Wait, what. I never meant driving on the rightmost "lane" on highways.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 07:50:19 pm »

QQ

this is what happens every year when krauts, chehoslovaks and other suckers we rip off during summer months drive to our seaside, can't even exit my own city, you might as well just give us the money and stay home like you do to Greece.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 08:04:38 pm »
Sounds like a normal day driving around New Jersey. Someone is always crashing their car or some fuel depot is exploding somewhere causing gridlock traffic for hours, on every highway, every day through the entire year. Its fucking ridiculous.

I just googled "New Jersey Traffic" and there's an article from 4 days ago comparing it to the Walking Dead lol, cuz of smoking wreckage being strewn around for no good reason like a post-apocalyptic nightmare.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/08/nj_turnpike_traffic_is_a_hot_m.html

People hanging out outside their cars getting to know their gridlock neighbors like in that article is a common occurrence.

I commuted to university that was a couples miles from my home in Northeast NJ, a 10 minute drive, and it often took me 2-4 hours one way to get there.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/traffic/transit/Gas-Leak-New-Jersey-Turnpike-321053481.html

This is from yesterday, a fucking gas leak on the main highway through NJ shut down traffic through several cities lol. What a shitty state.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 11:44:51 pm »
+3
*sigh*
hey it is christmas time again. and like every year we ask our clients "hey the holydays are just around the corner, do you need a bit more goods to increase your stocks?". the answer is everytime "no, we are fine."
one or two weeks before christmas they realise "hey it is christmas time again, we need more stuff as usual. where is our delivery, we need our goods now!" (preferably all at the same time).

ooh, and the own staff is not that much better. half of them moans about a few hours of overtime right before the holydays (yeah, welcome to the service industries).
no wonder that germany has lost the war. :P

and now for something completely different, i have visited my LotrO account again (the last time i have played this was five years ago).
my kinship still exists, but no one is active anymore.
(click to show/hide)
but that is not my point.
they have changed the skillsystem and now you have skilltrees like in wow. my precious burglar tricks were free available before, now they have to be unlocked in three different trees.
and the worst part is, they have nerved my favorite trick "improved enrage" (it blocks all ranged attacks and forces archers into meele fights :D ). you bastards!
(not to mention the ingame shop where you can buy permanent ability upgrades for real money)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 12:42:31 am »
ingame shop where you can buy permanent ability upgrades for real money)

the sign of a quality game worth playing

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far