Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division announced for the PC!  (Read 20571 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division announced for the PC!
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 12:31:33 pm »
Actually, it's one of the most refined games I've ever played. Playing it is like getting a new phone. You're amazed at how smooth the surface is, the UI is breathtaking, but after all it's still the same operating system, with all the shit apps you can download.
Even, though, the dark zone is pretty small, you feel like you're lost in a vast forest, especially at night when there's fog. The PvP is also pretty challenging, because you have no idea what will happen. I was at an extraction zone with three friend and we got surrounded. Five minutes in I was the only one alive. I waited for enemies to reload, then went rambo. Killed like 7 guys like this, one by one. The last one pursued me through a street. Again, I waited for him to reload, threw a grenade, switched to my shotgun and rambo'd him. Everything was lovely once again, so I strolled through the street to find another extraction zone, I was low on health with no medkits. Then I got sniped. All the loot gone. Lost 2 levels.
It's a little bit like Dark Souls in this respect. Punishing, but rewarding. Running in the dark zone alone is a nightmare, though.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2016, 01:24:35 pm »
It's very unstable for me.
I made it into the game now but it seems to crash randomly. Some kind of streaming issue is my guess.
And this doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence. It's gonna be over tomorrow and I doubt that I'll have more than 3 hours play time due to crashes until then.

Which in return means that I surely won't buy on release due to technical issues and me being unsure if it's going to be a nice singleplayer experience.
Won't bother with random parties cuz that is shit, always...

Maybe in some sale in the far future.

I focus my attention on XCOM2 now... (which I preordered and it's gonna be awesome <3)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline GandalfJr

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths
  • Game nicks: Cleveland
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2016, 01:39:34 pm »
It's very unstable for me.
I made it into the game now but it seems to crash randomly. Some kind of streaming issue is my guess.
And this doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence. It's gonna be over tomorrow and I doubt that I'll have more than 3 hours play time due to crashes until then.

Which in return means that I surely won't buy on release due to technical issues and me being unsure if it's going to be a nice singleplayer experience.
Won't bother with random parties cuz that is shit, always...

Maybe in some sale in the far future.

I focus my attention on XCOM2 now... (which I preordered and it's gonna be awesome <3)
i dunno mang it's really stable for me, a couple bugs but from what ive played so far its fun to play with friends and looks great even though they downgraded graphics from the trailer like every game does anyway
balls are like boobs

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2016, 02:45:14 pm »
it's surprising how good the game runs on my shitty pc , only had some minor stuttering due to teamspeak open and have some conflict i don't want to know.
The division for me it's a meh , beta have so few contents you can't really know if buying or not at release.
I scavenged so hard to find tech parts to discover crafting is off limits in beta :/
Dunno if exploiting or hacking but i found myself in some really weird situtations where my health goes nuts without enemy around. People shooting through walls. Rogue system is cool but needs to be revamped a bit.
Itemization is cool for me that i like diablo :D
Graphic doesn't seem to be downgraded for pc (at least for me) but maybe i'm wrong.
At first didn't want to download this shitton of GBytes only to do 1 or to missions but i'm glad i did , tried a game was not hyped for and i'm still not hyped.
It seems they wanted to make a mixture of game genres but they don't know how to blend them well.
I asked dev if there will be new end-game content at release Dark Zone apart but it's like a secret or they  don't know about it or they will release all the good stuff on DLC (fuck off).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2016, 05:47:22 pm »
Looks like a classic consolized Ubisoft game, no depth at all.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2016, 06:44:33 pm »
It's fun, is all I can say. Bugs that I encountered: Building appearing after loading in, weapon flying over your head when you try to switch it in the safe zone then exit, red vision when you're on the verge of death sometimes last even after respawning and then disappears when you get hit, that's all. Some minor movement quirks when using keyboard, like when you tap D really fast, can be left in.
The game feels very solid or actually liquid since it flows so well. PvE is kind of generic, but other than that I have no issues with this game.
Let's see if they add microtransactions at release.  :P
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2016, 07:25:25 pm »
I believe cosmetic microtransactions are already confirmed.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2016, 10:48:06 am »
+1

The desperation of people is funny in some comments:
"This is just a demo really, not even a real beta, they will fix this!"

Edit:
He sums up my impressions pretty well actually...

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:17:49 am by Molly »

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »
Oops

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43jr61/pc_version_will_be_plagued_with_cheaters/

Well, i played 27 hrs this weekend for the open beta, and i only ran across one cheater. Now.... this guy was actually cheating, hitting you one to two times with an assault rifle and killing you. He would literally shoot you from the next block over, through the building.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2016, 06:14:04 pm »
I was vaguely interested in this but as with everything Ubi you gotta wait and see.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2016, 08:31:59 pm »
for me the demo was quite meh.
i also don´t get it why there were only two unspectacular missions and not a bit more exciting stuff to convince potential buyers?
anyway, i could live with the bullet sponge enemies, but character-development via item progression is not my cup of tea, so i will pass on that.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2016, 08:44:54 pm »
Played the ps4 beta a little and didn't really care for it much. Didn't care for Destiny much either so maybe it's this type of rpg shooter I don't like but I did like Defiance.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2016, 12:00:16 am »
For what it is, it's pretty decent; I never got into Destiny but I could get into this, having done the Beta weekend (a bit late, unfortunately, missed a day); it will definitely give Destiny a run for its money in terms of attracting and keeping players. Strongly considering getting it, haven't played a Tom Clancy game since Rogue Spear, but have a few friends who are going to be getting it so that helps make it more fun too.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.