Author Topic: ROLES ON THE BATTLEFIELD (INFANTRY EDITION)  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
ROLES ON THE BATTLEFIELD (INFANTRY EDITION)
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:05:31 pm »
Just so people know what their build is best for/what they should do if they want to do a certain playstyle.

Any input is appreciated. If you have any questions simply ask, any criticisms please make it constructive.

STR Builds

MELEE DPS:
2h, High damage polearms. You are the killer, you travel with the mob and should try to kill as many and as fast as you can. Support your fellow soldiers by attacking enemies that are tunnel visioning a friend. Playstyle: Rarely will you see this class backpeddle, instead they focus on catching an opponent when he isn’t looking and manual blocking instead of dodging. Melee DPS are the workhorse of the infantry and the number and quality of this group tends to decide the battle. This class can also be the CARRY if and only if the player is very good at manual blocking.

Optimal weapons: GLA, GLB, Bec, Danish/German GS, Flamberg Poleaxes, claymore etc etc. Any weapon can be used as long as you have enough ps

Builds: 24-15, 27-12, 30-9, or any str heavy build. Max PS, IF optional, max ath and wm, 1 point in shield for old board shield is optional

Hard Counters: Plate killers (str archers), throwers

Soft Counters: other range, cavalry

Strong against: everything that can’t run away.

Tank:

1H shielder:  You are a 2h’s best friend. Your job is to soak the arrows and bolts during maneuvering and to take as much hits as you can. You deal moderate damage so it is very unlikely you can one hit anyone, but your ability to “hit stun” and your autoblock means that as enemies engage you, your team can flank the enemy.

Playstyle: Distract the enemy and soak damage so plate killers and Melee DPS can destroy the opposing army

Optimal weapons:  For battle: Italian sword, Long Espanova, axes. For siege: Iberian mace, warhammer, axes. Shields are preferential but the best shields against range spam is the Heavy Board shield at shield skill 4 and huscarl at shield skill 5

Hard counters: cavalry, crushthrough

Soft counters: Axemen

Strong against: Range, 2h

Builds: 21-15, 24-15, 24-12. Max points in shield and ps. IF should be the last thing you put in

Plate Killers

Longbowmen, throwers: Your job is to eliminate Carries and heavily armored commanders/knights. Stick around the mass of Infantry and shoot at those who are the biggest threat.

Playstyle: not sure, never played one. However, I’d imagine that you stick near the melee and pick your shots, assist your teammates by stunning an enemy that is overwhelming your teammate. Shoot at charging cav, and watch out for enemy archers

Optimal weapons: Longbow, warbow, jarids, Javelins, throwing axes, a 0 slot weapon for blocking

Hard Counter: Agi bowmen, shielders

Soft counters: crossbowmen, light cav

Strong against: 2h/polearms, heavy cav

Builds: Never played one but I’d imagine it would be 24-15, 27-12 or something similar. With max in power draw and ath and wpm.

Support:

Pikemen, halberds, crushthrough weapons: This class is pretty much a DPS class but with less DPS for more tactical variety. Pikemen kills cavalry and hitstuns enemies while crushthroughs are great for assaults on castles and vs shielders.

Playstyle: Stick with the main group. Pikemen should be at the flanks and rear to guard against cav, while crushthroughs should break the shield walls that block a chokepoint in a siege or battle. Once battle has been fully engage support should act like DPS and rake up as many kills as possible.

Optimal weapons: long spear, bill, Halberd, pretty much any long weapon/crushthrough

Hard counters: Range

Soft counters: 2h for both, shielder for pikemen, and pikemen for crushthrough weapons ( because of the numbers and length.)

Strong against: cavalry, inferior numbers for pikemen, shielders for crushthrough.

Builds: Minimum of 21 str, but 24-15, 27-12 seems like an optimal build for both of these

AGI Builds:

Soloist:

You are intelligent, you pick your battles and try to isolate individuals to a duel that you win most of the time. However you will be overwhelmed by any team that has some semblance of teamwork

Playstyle: Go off and find stragglers, noobs, and unaware range to gank. Get enemy infantry to follow you so you can fight them one on one. Some are also Agi backpeddling spammers thus proving that you don’t need skill to solo.

Optimal weapon: Fast 2h weapon or a long polearm like glaive, LGB, GLB.

Hard counter: range, cavalry

Soft counter: teamwork

Strong against: situational, wholly dependent on skill level of the two fighters.

Build: 21-18, 18-21, 15-24 max ps, wm, and ath

Arrow Spam

Strongbowman, crossbow. You are the scourge of battle. Your spam causes ceaseless rage by the 2h and polearms, not because you damage them, but the fact that you stun them during melee is what causes the rage. Not only that, you’re the first line of defense against enemy archers and spammers, so remember how important you are while your teammates rage at you for Team hitting them.

Playstyle: aim for the plate Killers, crossbowmen, and enemy archers. Once that threat has been eliminated, help your melee buddies by stunning the enemy with your arrows.

Optimal weapon: Light crossbow, strongbow 0 slot weapon for blocking

Hard counter: Agi Shielders

Soft counter: cavalry and str shielders

Strong against: Enemy range and lightly armored enemies

Build: not sure, but 21-18, 18-21 seems to be good builds to me.

Agi Shielders :

Shielders: You are the best friend of the Arrow spammers. You are a mobile fortress which crossbowmen and archers can hide behind against counter archer fire. You are also the sworn enemy of enemy arrow spammers and you should do everything in your power to kill them

Playstyle: Stick with the arrow spammers on your team and protect them against enemy range or meleeists. If you feel like you have an advantage in numbers or skill compared to the enemy agi shielders, you should attempt a charge against the enemy arrow spammers

Optimal weapons: Pick, Iberian mace, Warhammer.

Hard counters: Crushthrough, cavalry

Soft Counters: Axemen

Strong against: range, 2h

Builds: 15-21, 18-18 or 18-21.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:35:49 pm by Thucydides »

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: ROLES ON THE BATTLEFIELD (INFANTRY EDITION)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:08:32 pm »
reserved

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 05:19:12 am »
Sexyness.
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:45:16 am »
STR Builds

Builds: 24-15, 27-12, 30-9, or any str heavy build.
Builds: 21-15, 24-15, 24-12.
Builds: Never played one but I’d imagine it would be 24-15, 27-12 or something similar.
Builds: Minimum of 21 str, but 24-15, 27-12 seems like an optimal build for both of these

Took out all the unneccesary bits in order to reflect the current state of the game.   :wink:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 09:56:50 am »
Bah quit pissing on str builds parade the agi had their glory :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art