Author Topic: 2hander spam  (Read 3756 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: 2hander spam
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 10:59:06 am »
If someone just holds up a shield, I'm going to "spam" them.  If someone actually blocks and attacks me, I will block and attack back.
I've never tried 1h shielder in crpg but from what I see its exactly the same vice versa. If a skilled shielder sees me being hesitant, he will face hug and spam me to death. Unless I block and hit back, then he will hold back and be more carefull.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 05:22:38 pm »
same as the last few posts, as a sword and boarder, i know im fucked when a 2hander comes at me and the first thing i do is put my shield up. At that point i have lost the fight.

you need to have an attack ready, look at where they are swinging from and try and go the other way when you release you swing. The worst thing you can do in a duel with a 2 hander is let them spam you. best defense in that case is a good offense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 05:52:48 pm »
same as the last few posts, as a sword and boarder, i know im fucked when a 2hander comes at me and the first thing i do is put my shield up. At that point i have lost the fight.

you need to have an attack ready, look at where they are swinging from and try and go the other way when you release you swing. The worst thing you can do in a duel with a 2 hander is let them spam you. best defense in that case is a good offense.

How dare u suggest a sword and boarder go on the attack

Can't we just nerf everything until one thing dominates range defence,  melee vs melee and melee vs cav?  :rolleyes:
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 06:40:08 pm »
Guys, i have made my first ever 2h char after the patch... I have never manual blocked before and such. Yet, having a great maul, i made over 50 kills on a single siege map yesterday, and had top score 2 maps in a row. Something is not right... Yes, its a siege, and maul is sort of perfect for it, but still. There was another guy on the opposite team, wearing samurai set and Nodachi, had close to my kills ( top score for their team ), and i NEVER seen him blocking, not one time. Just swinging the damn 2h from one side to another. I felt embarrassed for both of us really...

As I wrote in the last update thread, stamina - would be a solution for mindless spamming ( have been suggested countless times before, so there could be some game limitations ). If it is not possible to make stamina: 3 consecutive attacks with less then 2 sec interval = - 20% to Power Strike/Draw/Throw for 2 sec ( stacking and resetting the 2 sec penalty). So you can swing it, but deal less damage, and if you spam for 20-30 sec non stop ( depending on the weapon speed ), you will be down to 1 Power Strike/Draw/Throw.

It is not Street Fighter after all, hehe.

Might be a shit idea ( i am on my 3rd joint this evening... toke-toke ), but at least it seems not gameplay breaking to me, in the very least. And it would only effect berserkers, who are charging in crowds, swinging weapons like a helicopter. Archers might take the shots more carefully as well ( i dont mind the archers really, but many seems to hate them now even more then before the patch. Even though its annoying to get killed 200 m from battle, while running across a field - archers need to kill someone too, right? Besides, i love to take my sweet revenge, when i sneak on an archer nest, hehe )
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:43:04 pm by Armpit_Sweat »
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:31 pm »

You can turtle up with your shield and backpeddle letting the spam hit your shield, the moment of the of the spam attacks miss, change direction and move forward and attack.  That's basic turtling, if a 2hander can only spam and can't block well you will hit them every time. 

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 06:46:41 pm »
You can turtle up with your shield and backpeddle letting the spam hit your shield, the moment of the of the spam attacks miss, change direction and move forward and attack.  That's basic turtling, if a 2hander can only spam and can't block well you will hit them every time.

What if there are 2 of them?
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 07:07:08 pm »

Then by balance standards you are supposed to die.
If all things are balanced, 2 should beat 1 every time.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »

With a shield you can block 5 people at once...  And with a steel shield it won't break either, unless they all have axes.  Be patient, get one guy between you and the other guy.  And kill the one guy.  Then kill the other guy.  A lot of people have had some pretty crazy rounds where they go 10 on 1 and kill all 10.  Getting 10 kills a round is easy, but doing it all at once as last man standing is rare and epic, and part of what makes this game fun.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 07:24:58 pm »
Then by balance standards you are supposed to die.
If all things are balanced, 2 should beat 1 every time.

U can't balance when u take into account individuals twitch reactions(skill in fps type games) what gaming system being used(crap system with ball mouse and keyboard. Vs quadcore with hyper laser mouse plus other game gear whose also on voice server)

The only problem I have is rubberbanding on NA 80 man feels like my guy is being moved around by god too bad as I like the small server(and I donated so kinda like playing there)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:33:25 pm by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 07:35:54 pm »
I learned manual block seriously. And cuz of spammers :D
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1904
  • Infamy: 973
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 08:45:17 pm »
Manual block perfection is the first step. Feinting is the second step. Chambering is the third step. Movement and learning when and when not to attack makes you the ultimate meleer.

Sadly, I'm still perfecting manual block which means I'm at the beggining of this patch. Very few people know it all and those the one you see at the top of kill list most of the time. They invested time to learn all those things and they deserve to be on top unlike other classes which take less than a day to be able to own people.

Currently I'm spamming because I'm using Katana but I found very useful way of fighting, especially if you're using light armor and have lots of agi (ninja build f.e.) It's called ninja stab aka jump stab move which is very effective against shielders because many of them don't hold their shield properly. Also whenever you have height advantage use that move to easily kill average oponents. When you jump stab people you confuse them and they go into overhead block mode which means they can easily be slashed or stabed. I much enjoy playing a ninja it's not easy but it's really rewarding, every kill you make feels awesome. Too bad I don't have throwing skill for shurikens  :(

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 08:52:25 pm »
U can't balance when u take into account individuals twitch reactions(skill in fps type games) what gaming system being used(crap system with ball mouse and keyboard. Vs quadcore with hyper laser mouse plus other game gear whose also on voice server)

Just FYI, you never EVER take these things into consideration when you're balancing.  You balance around a presumed equality in all of these random factors.  That is balance.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 08:53:37 pm »
If ninjas are so hard to play, why are there hundreds of them since the patch?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 08:56:03 pm »
Because there just aren't enough pirates to help thin out their numbers.
-idlewind

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2956
  • Infamy: 549
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 09:03:18 pm »
If ninjas are so hard to play, why are there hundreds of them since the patch?

Hundreds? On every ninja come at least 3 archers. Not every guy wearing black lammelar is ninja fyi. Ninjas don't use bows, polearms, xbows or other swords besides Katana, Nodaichi and Wakizashi.

Roll a ninja if you think it's easy mode  :wink: