Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 277099 times)

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #645 on: April 25, 2013, 01:26:20 pm »
Athletics is of utmost importance, but yes you cut it in 18/21 to 4 at level 30 (but if you get level 31 you pump it to 7 ath) Yes it will make that much of a difference with archery. I find it quite noticeable. Man, seriously, believe me about 50 1h wpf. Stop trying to have all this unneeded melee wpf. You don't need that much wpf in melee anyways. melee wpf does not do nearly as much as ranged wpf does for effectiveness.

(click to show/hide)
I personally suggest a lighter body armor, but that is a personal decision. you are receiving an accuracy penalty from it lowering your wpf with that set up, but if you find your survivability to be higher -- it may be worth it for you. But I don't.
My armor is weighted:
head: 0, Body: 1.5, Gloves: 0, Boots: 3.0
PLEASE NOTE THAT I WEAR ARMOR FOR STYLE AND TO MAKE SURE I HAVE NO PENALTIES OT MOVEMENT SPEED SPCIFICALLY. I don't suggest the same armor set up.

A more effective archer set up would be:
head: 0, body: 5 ~ 6, Gloves: 0.1, Boots: 0~1
that would result in no (or very little) wpf penalty and light-medium body armor, and thus decent survivability.
Good sir you seem to have a pretty vast amount of knowledge at your disposal.
I shall get less wpf then, how much of an impact will getting 50 have on my archery? With a Broad Short Sword, I don't know if I will need any whatsoever; I tried using a +3 Shortened Spear with 1 wpf and it was definitely fast enough.

Yeah, aesthetics are why I'm wearing the armor that I am at the moment, couldn't find any that I liked which was lighter but I shall look again!

Hmm, is helmet weight that detrimental?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:48:44 pm by Shaksie »
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 25, 2013, 10:46:09 pm »
polearm
18/21 ps 7 ath 7 vm
18/24 6 ps 8 ath 8 vm (lvl 32) or should I got with IF?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #647 on: April 27, 2013, 09:02:29 am »
Good sir you seem to have a pretty vast amount of knowledge at your disposal.
I shall get less wpf then, how much of an impact will getting 50 have on my archery? With a Broad Short Sword, I don't know if I will need any whatsoever; I tried using a +3 Shortened Spear with 1 wpf and it was definitely fast enough.

Yeah, aesthetics are why I'm wearing the armor that I am at the moment, couldn't find any that I liked which was lighter but I shall look again!

Hmm, is helmet weight that detrimental?
helmet weight and hand weight is multiply detrimental to archers. I don't remember the specific multipliers anymore since they changed them a few months ago.

the 50 melee wpf does more for negating the penalty that you get for having less than 100 wpf. Having 1 wpf  compared to 100 is effectively doing almost 2 PS less worth of damage. It additionally is Roughly 3-5 weapon speed slower (There is a formula and it depends on the base weapon speed and don't worry about the specifics).
basically, having 50 wpf is cutting that penalty in half.
100 effective wpf uses the weapon exactly as stats list it on the website.
and for example sake: 200 wpf is ~15% more damage and 3 to 5 effective weapon speed faster. Make sense?
yes these are not specific numbers, but they are close approximations because the formulas are stupid

So thats why melee wpf jsut doesn't matter all that much okay. Ranged wpf gets compounded all differently in respect to how important it is since it relates to accuracy, not just damage and speed.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #648 on: April 27, 2013, 09:54:23 am »
helmet weight and hand weight is multiply detrimental to archers. I don't remember the specific multipliers anymore since they changed them a few months ago.

the 50 melee wpf does more for negating the penalty that you get for having less than 100 wpf. Having 1 wpf  compared to 100 is effectively doing almost 2 PS less worth of damage. It additionally is Roughly 3-5 weapon speed slower (There is a formula and it depends on the base weapon speed and don't worry about the specifics).
basically, having 50 wpf is cutting that penalty in half.
100 effective wpf uses the weapon exactly as stats list it on the website.
and for example sake: 200 wpf is ~15% more damage and 3 to 5 effective weapon speed faster. Make sense?
yes these are not specific numbers, but they are close approximations because the formulas are stupid

So thats why melee wpf jsut doesn't matter all that much okay. Ranged wpf gets compounded all differently in respect to how important it is since it relates to accuracy, not just damage and speed.
I see, that makes sense :).
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 28, 2013, 01:03:16 pm »
polearm
18/21 ps 7 ath 7 vm
18/24 6 ps 8 ath 8 vm (lvl 32) or should I got with IF?

pls help

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 28, 2013, 09:08:20 pm »
pls help
it is dependent on what you want
also your post is really confusing, not enough info
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 29, 2013, 03:28:48 pm »
it is dependent on what you want
also your post is really confusing, not enough info

im not gonna retire so getting too 21/21 or 18/24 (18/21 at lvl 30) as fast as possible or get max IF first?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »
post exactly what you have at your level for skills/stats etc lke everyone else. Or else I will be guessing how much you have in etc.

Also it depends on your playstyle. 18/21 is good. 21/21 is good, slightly more damage. 18/24 being slightly faster.
18/21 with maxed IF etc being more survivable. If I was going to like level 34 I would do 21/21 and max all the relevant skills personally.

Offline Riftmaker

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 01, 2013, 05:43:23 pm »
Post good hybrid specs!
Like 1h/pole/shield
Xbow/Shield/1h
and so on <3

Even a good 1h/throw/shield spec
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:19:48 pm by Riftmaker »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:41 pm »
Post good hybrid specs!
Like 1h/pole/shield
Xbow/Shield/1h
and so on <3

Even a good 1h/throw/shield spec
1h/shield/pole is posted like 15 times in this thread. usual recommendation of 21/15 1h/shield build with split proficiency, 100 pole and the rest 1h.
1h/shield/throw is also posted a ton, again 21/15 but instead of 7 IF you have 7 PT. 100 1h prof, the rest in throwing.

xbow/1h is common. xbow/1h/shield requires too many slots. I suppose not anymore with the pretty good 0 slot 1h weapons, but meh. Just add shield skill to an xbow build it is pretty simple.

Offline krakkur

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • i life to slay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW
  • Game nicks: Praefectus_Ballista
« Reply #655 on: May 02, 2013, 01:42:42 pm »
hi
i need some good ideas on looming 1h weapons..
i need to make this build, a 1h with no shield

but what weapons are preferrable?

need 8 in PS
lvl30
WM 7
rest in maybe IF or ath.
any suggestions..

tnx

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 02, 2013, 06:50:56 pm »
hi
i need some good ideas on looming 1h weapons..
i need to make this build, a 1h with no shield

but what weapons are preferrable?

need 8 in PS
lvl30
WM 7
rest in maybe IF or ath.
any suggestions..

tnx
Weapons are about what you prefer to use. If you prefer faster but shorter / longer but slower and harder hitting / longer but weaker.
1h weapons are all balanced pretty well. Like a certain sword? that is what you want to loom. Stuff like that.

AS FOR THE BUILD THOUGH
level 30 with 8 PS and 7 wm??? Athletics before weapon master ALWAYS. athletics is ten times more valuable and useful to you than weaponmaster will ever be [with the exception of archery].
Athletics makes you move faster, and moving into your attacks faster makes you attack faster and control the fight better.
Athletics has a bigger effect on attack speed than weapon master in that sense.
Athletics lets you control your fights
athletics lets you ditch on bad situations
etc etc etc
wm just gives a marginal weapon speed increase and a small damage bonus.

back to your build though: 8 PS 7 WM is not possible nor a good idea. do something with less conversions. 21/21 gets 7 PS 7 ath 3 WM and that is better -- but 21/18 gets 7 PS 6 ath 6 WM and 4 or 3 IF  I forget. Those are better 1h no shield builds.

Offline krakkur

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • i life to slay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW
  • Game nicks: Praefectus_Ballista
« Reply #657 on: May 02, 2013, 07:15:49 pm »
awsome..
many thanks my friend.

Offline Hagmend

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 11, 2013, 11:47:11 pm »
I am new to crpg, and i don't understand how can you have lets say 18/21 in lvl30, you need lvl34 to be able to have that much points. or am i understanding something wrong ? Also could someone help me out with 2h slow, high damage build and which could throw mostly 1hit kill jarids?

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #659 on: May 11, 2013, 11:57:55 pm »
+1
I am new to crpg, and i don't understand how can you have lets say 18/21 in lvl30, you need lvl34 to be able to have that much points. or am i understanding something wrong ? Also could someone help me out with 2h slow, high damage build and which could throw mostly 1hit kill jarids?

you can convert 2 skills points to 1 attribute which allows you to have fx. a 21/18 build

and i'd probably just go 21/15 or 24/12 with max ps, pt, wm and athletics and however much if you can get