Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 277169 times)

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #555 on: December 28, 2012, 12:46:24 am »
18/24 archery is there, But I don't have 18/24 dedicated 2h/pole on the list. Great builds but very glass-cannon-y.
I would put them on the main list, but they are mentioned throughout the thread. They were not originally listed because it wasn't until this year that lower WM agility builds were popular and shown to be as good as they are. I liked them but did not list them for the main list.

Gotcha :D

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #556 on: January 03, 2013, 11:09:12 am »
what is the best build if you use a pike? 18/21 or 15/24? i also use a long awlpike and a long spear. my playstyle is either supportive and with the long awlpike pretty agressive.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #557 on: January 03, 2013, 11:16:31 am »
what is the best build if you use a pike? 18/21 or 15/24? i also use a long awlpike and a long spear. my playstyle is either supportive and with the long awlpike pretty agressive.
Support? 15/24. Considering you're EU, 15/24 sounds spot on. Pike/long spear slow you down an awful lot due to weapon length, punishing your speed, the extra athletics will help you protect teammates and save your life.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #558 on: January 03, 2013, 11:31:30 am »
Support? 15/24. Considering you're EU, 15/24 sounds spot on. Pike/long spear slow you down an awful lot due to weapon length, punishing your speed, the extra athletics will help you protect teammates and save your life.
good to hear, i loved the 15/24 build on my long spear and long awlpike but i wanted to buy a real pike too now :)

Offline MLCA

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 4
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Malaca, Malacon, MeBad
« Reply #559 on: January 03, 2013, 06:11:23 pm »
Just tried 24/18 cav with 8 ps 6 riding and 3 shield with lance, it's awesome! what do you think? 21/18 with 6 wm would be better?
Can someone post this build?
Malaca

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 04, 2013, 12:22:02 am »
Can someone post this build?
It is exactly as how he described it, bare-bones, those three skills.
level 30 -- 24 strength, 18 agility, 8 Power strike, 6 riding, 3 shield -- nothing else.   It's what I would call a "min maxer" build. Maximizing some stats, at the cost of minimizing everything else. I won't say it is bad, because it is good if you're always always on a horse... But I'd suggest 21/18.

And I do think 21/18 is a better build for lancer cavalry. As you go to levels higher than 30, it fleshes out skills completely and awesomely all the way up to level 35 lol.
(click to show/hide)

Seriously, I wasn't joking about how 21/18 just finishes out strong at level 35. Every level past 30 giving you 3 more skill points. it ends up like this, if you want to go this route, I'd say this is rather objectively one of the best high end builds. Super, super effective.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:28:17 am by Marathon »
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #561 on: January 04, 2013, 11:09:58 pm »
nevermind, changed my mind ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:16:21 pm by jtobiasm »

Offline MLCA

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 4
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Malaca, Malacon, MeBad
« Reply #562 on: January 07, 2013, 03:52:06 pm »
My crazy build:

LVL 30
33 STR
6  AGI

10 IF
11 PS
2  ATH

It's slow but hits like a tank. Gets a lot of 1 hits and its funny when fighting ppl in good armor to watch them back out after u leave them on life support with 1 hit. 10 IF plus medium/heavy armor you can get lanced twice and not die, get sliced by cav on the face and only lose half of your up and on reg melee fights usually get hit 4 to 5 times before dieying .

Just don't chase with this build because if you get surrounded there's no way out.
Malaca

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 07, 2013, 06:27:00 pm »
+1
Aye, it is a fun build. I actually uggest using light armor with that build. Then you stay maneuverable and scare the shit out of them when you hit.

Offline Aimix

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 07, 2013, 07:44:01 pm »
Can someone write one or more builds for 1 handed/shield based on more agility? I'm playing with the standar 21/15 but it goes something slow, especially whit my high ping. I want try a build whit more agi. Thank you in avance  :wink:

btw im using a knightly arming sword, im thinking about other more fast, but no idea what can be better whit no very low dmg. Other thing is rigth now im level 30, i will level up whit my 21/15 to be 21/18 or i will reset the char....mmm.

Thanks ^^  :P :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:59:41 pm by Aimix »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #565 on: January 07, 2013, 11:56:06 pm »
Well, here's a handy tool Aimix: http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm
But here's what I would do with what info you have given me:

Strength: 15
Agility: 24
Hit points: 54
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 2
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 6
Athletics: 8
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 2
One Handed: 125
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

If you want to get more wpf in 1-handed, you could sacrifice the IF...but having 0 IF is rough. The IF is so low in this build because of your shield skill, which you can improve at level 31, or you can get more IF/WM. There's a lot of room to grow in this build, but at level 30 its still pretty good.

In terms of weapons, I would really recommend looking at the fine maces there are. Flanged mace is my favorite, winged mace is also solid along with the iberian. Swords though, the knightly arming is good, the Italian is a bit shorter and faster with comparable damage, and if you don't mind not having a stab both the scimitar and elite scimitar are extremely powerful and fast, I would choose the scimitar over the elite, personally.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Aimix

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 08, 2013, 01:45:37 am »
Thank you very much Sandersson, I'll think about all this, but just 2 IF and 2 WP I find a bit little?. In the other hand i can go to more level and try 21/18, so i can get 6 shield and 6 athletics, but lev 31 is a long way  :?. When i level to 31 maybe i should retire and try your build.

About weapons i need some range (length) coz y I feel more comfortable for my ping (95 ping most times).
I will try the scimitar, Thanks for your suggestions !  :D

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #567 on: January 08, 2013, 04:09:28 am »
No problem, bro! I always recommend lowered amounts of ironflesh for agility shielders, since you can easily block oncoming hits, ranged, etc with your high shield skill. Remember, it gives you a forcefield type effect that goes beyond the shield's model when you have high shield skill. No need for IF when you can be very quick and have a very tough shield to block for you! Especially if you're using a longer weapon, which you can keep certain players at bay with. I would recommend more IF and less shield if you were using a quicker, shorter weapon like a mace or shortsword. You're gonna get hit no matter what if your playstyle is to facehug and attack aggressively.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 08, 2013, 12:32:38 pm »
I do not suggest 2 if / 2wm. 2 wm has literally no benefit. 12 or so additional WPF does nothing. WM is something to be stacked or take none.
Go 4 if / 0 WM or go 2 IF / 8 shield if you are going 15/24 shielder.

Offline Aimix

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 08, 2013, 07:41:23 pm »
Thank you friends,
Well i should live whit my ping, i get ocassionals hits,  for that i think i need some IF, but... 0 wp  would not make my hit speed very slow?.

Ahh italian sword is very fast, nice sword !
Cheers.   :wink:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:00:29 pm by Aimix »