Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 277108 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #270 on: March 07, 2012, 11:10:58 am »
You guys are missing the point... 3/35 with 13 shield skill is the only way to go... ever see the practice shield take 30 hits from the great maul? Diddnt think so..
We've all seen the 3/39 TMNT turtle shield builds that can't be broken, everyone's made a 13 shield STF :).
Oh, and they just can't be broken. They DO get crushed through by greatmauls no problem. So uh, yeah.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2012, 11:20:04 am »
They get pierced by crossbow bolts fairly easy too.

On top of that, a shield won't stop you from being run over by a horse and as a 3 strength character, your health and armour will be so low you will die from just 2 or 3 rundowns.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2012, 04:53:59 pm »
(click to show/hide)

or

(click to show/hide)

Suggestions?

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2012, 09:07:19 pm »
I'd like to add my personal hoplite build to the list, a simple 24/15 build that is much like your own Marathon:
(click to show/hide)
Useful if you're an offensive player looking to abuse your pole stagger for your teammates. It is not recommended to use this build until you know what you're doing, which in the meantime I would suggest putting more points into iron flesh instead of power strike.  I also use very light armor with this build giving me the dexterity to do without additional agility.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:08:43 pm by Kreczor »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2012, 11:11:21 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

or

(click to show/hide)

Suggestions?
Both are amazing.  I see the no WM trend has finally penetrated my topic. I purposely leave WM in all my listed builds although I don't use it for dedicated melee.
I like 24/15 because I like to do more damage. But 21/15 is safer. Your choice.

I'd like to add my personal hoplite build to the list, a simple 24/15 build that is much like your own Marathon:
(click to show/hide)
Useful if you're an offensive player looking to abuse your pole stagger for your teammates. It is not recommended to use this build until you know what you're doing, which in the meantime I would suggest putting more points into iron flesh instead of power strike.  I also use very light armor with this build giving me the dexterity to do without additional agility.
The good old 24/15, it and all it's forms are the standard NA build. Not surprised you are using it for a no WM hoplite. Good though :)
I do prefer max WM for a dedicated hoplite, I am surely assuming you put the shield away 1v1. If you do, then eh, no wm is perfect.

Speaking of Weapon master, Having no WM on my pikeman brunchlady is yielding amazing results. Results such as "god, how much wpf do you have??? Has to be at least 150 minimum!". I have 109.
Not going to list the build, it's unique as far as I know and it will finish at 32. Perfect for my playstyle, probably not for others anyways.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:16:53 pm by Marathon »
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 08, 2012, 12:12:01 am »
Both are amazing.  I see the no WM trend has finally penetrated my topic. I purposely leave WM in all my listed builds although I don't use it for dedicated melee.
The good old 24/15, it and all it's forms are the standard NA build. Not surprised you are using it for a no WM hoplite. Good though :)
I do prefer max WM for a dedicated hoplite, I am surely assuming you put the shield away 1v1. If you do, then eh, no wm is perfect.

Speaking of Weapon master, Having no WM on my pikeman brunchlady is yielding amazing results. Results such as "god, how much wpf do you have??? Has to be at least 150 minimum!". I have 109.
Not going to list the build, it's unique as far as I know and it will finish at 32. Perfect for my playstyle, probably not for others anyways.

I've never read into wpf too much so as to understand the reasoning behind putting too many attributes behind it and frankly, I'd be able to spare one or two points into WM but that still wouldn't result in too much of a difference. I need the 8 PS to provide a healthy polestun to scare off shielders and such that push too hard into our line.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #276 on: March 08, 2012, 12:40:58 am »
I have this build on my STF alt:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 21
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 62

Skills to attributes: 14

Ironflesh: 3
    Power Strike: 7
    Shield: 0
    Athletics: 7
    Riding: 0
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 0

Polearm: 114

And I combined it with a swiss halberd (basically any polearm will do) and it's amazing. Very fast on my feet and I still hit pretty hard. Attackspeed doesn't seem to be an issue, I only have a hard time against the high agility + katana builds.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 08, 2012, 01:00:40 am »
I have this build on my STF alt:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 21
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 62

Skills to attributes: 14

Ironflesh: 3
    Power Strike: 7
    Shield: 0
    Athletics: 7
    Riding: 0
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 0

Polearm: 114

And I combined it with a swiss halberd (basically any polearm will do) and it's amazing. Very fast on my feet and I still hit pretty hard. Attackspeed doesn't seem to be an issue, I only have a hard time against the high agility + katana builds.
I honestly think 21/21 and 24/18 are the best builds right now for battle (not siege though). Maybe not the highest KDR builds, but they rival close to them and are more fun.
 21/21 best dedicated thrower for sure.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:04:08 am by Marathon »

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #278 on: March 08, 2012, 02:23:01 am »
I've never read into wpf too much so as to understand the reasoning behind putting too many attributes behind it and frankly, I'd be able to spare one or two points into WM but that still wouldn't result in too much of a difference. I need the 8 PS to provide a healthy polestagger to scare off shielders and such that push too hard into our line.

It is probably worth noting that powerstrike and strength have nothing to do with pole stagger.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2012, 02:54:45 am »
I know it doesn't, but when you stagger someone and hit them real hard, they get pretty scared.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2012, 03:05:28 pm »

Thanks! :D and yeah, it's not much difference between 114 and 148. :)

Does WPF affect repairs?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2012, 04:07:14 pm »
+2
Thanks! :D and yeah, it's not much difference between 114 and 148. :)

Does WPF affect repairs?
repairs is pretty much the only reason to get wpf as a single melee class.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 08, 2012, 10:53:39 pm »
repairs is pretty much the only reason to get wpf as a single melee class.

Ok, thanks! :D

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 11, 2012, 02:40:44 pm »
If I'm by chance going pike+1hand build, should I take 18-21 or 21-18? And to which weapon should I invest more WPF? If I could get an answer in the next 30 mins I'd be really grateful :D

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 12, 2012, 10:27:55 am »
If I'm by chance going pike+1hand build, should I take 18-21 or 21-18? And to which weapon should I invest more WPF? If I could get an answer in the next 30 mins I'd be really grateful :D
is your 1h only a side arm and not a main weapon? then put only 110 in it and everything else in pole.
and both 21/18 or 18/21 would be fine.