Author Topic: NA Siege Map Discussion  (Read 5122 times)

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA Siege Map Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 04:43:42 pm »
Iceman have they uploaded to the server yet??

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 02:48:30 am »
Blank 110 is STILL in rotation and I've yet to see defenders win more than 5 times ever.  Map is just poorly conceived and defense has no chance to make a stand anywhere.

Wooden doors at the bottom of gatehouse are bugged and stay destroyed after the first round.

Too easy to get into the castle and too hard for defenders to get the flag.

If gate is open and inner door busted, attackers can be on flag in less than 10 seconds, basically impossible to defend.  other maps are closer to 20-30 seconds to get to flag unopposed

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 05:02:54 am »
Chalice of the Desert, while cool looking and historically correct blah blah, is WAY too big for siege.  Takes about a minute to even get to inner wall to attack.  Needs heavy tweaking to reduce the size and scope.  Please remove it.

Server pop dropped by half when this map came up.

Offline Mendrak

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 06:51:18 pm »
It's gotten to the point I would rather play EU's siege server with 150+ ping than play the NA Siege server because of the maps. Everyone always says 'downvote it if you don't like it', well I know my clan has been downvoting a lot of these maps and they are still there weeks later so what is the point if they are never removed or updated? Seems like deleting all the NA maps and copying the EU maps would be better at this point, people would start playing NA Siege again.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 07:56:51 pm »
Seems like deleting all the NA maps and copying the EU maps would be better at this point, people would start playing NA Siege again.

EU Siege is not the only server that has those maps. There is one with Chicago based ping as an alternative with those maps too. *innocent whistle, hands in pockets*
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:58:40 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.