Poll

Does this EXP system look better or worse?

Better
Worse
I dont care about cRPG anymore, it sucks.
The slots system and EXP by time/multiplyers should be fixed.
All of 1, 3, 4

Author Topic: Suggestions for a BETTER cRPG Experience.  (Read 4119 times)

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for a BETTER cRPG Experience.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 09:10:46 pm »
Well to sum my suggestions all down. Basically I want to be able to reach higher lvls. I feel as if my character is trapped at 31-. It's getting boring. I would like a challange to keep me wanting to play. You know what i mean?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 09:13:37 pm »
I don't understand... Is there ANY reason to consider a completly even playground (which is the state of cRPG now) as a better place for skill than a slightly unbalanced towards grind one ?

Actually, when there are different char levels, it really means something to kill a knight when you are a peasant. You all forgot those epic moments when you killed the black plate monster ? There's a reason why there are bosses in single player games. They offer a challenge and clear bad odds for you (when they are done right ofc). Since the January patch, cRPG has lost what did make it so different from any other multiplayer action game, and it was the slightly uneven character stats. We lost both the magic of earning new equipment and levels (gold and xp flows in so fast you barely notice your first 25 levels) and the magic of defeating people with higher stats than you. There was a huge skill factor indeed. It was just more interesting and less evident.

I know, I know, you are all disagree. I'm one of the few guys out there that didn't quit one or two weeks after that patch. Yet I still can voice my opinion about this, and it didn't changed.

PS :  please, please respect the ways others have fun and spot ranting about "grinding". Everything is pointless anyways.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »
It's not that we don't respect it, but there is just NO way you can manage to do both in one game. That's why I said it's a different game you are probably looking for.

There are more people playing cRPG than ever before, all the devs like the way it's heading (I think), seriously, it's not gonna move back, ever. Doesn't mean we can't have a civilized talk about it, of course.

Offline galneon

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 10:03:38 pm »
With your proposed EXP system, I'd quit today.  cRPG would become an MMO without the practical level 31 cap that keeps the more casual players competitive.

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 11:47:33 pm »
I don't understand... Is there ANY reason to consider a completly even playground (which is the state of cRPG now) as a better place for skill than a slightly unbalanced towards grind one ?

Actually, when there are different char levels, it really means something to kill a knight when you are a peasant. You all forgot those epic moments when you killed the black plate monster ? There's a reason why there are bosses in single player games. They offer a challenge and clear bad odds for you (when they are done right ofc). Since the January patch, cRPG has lost what did make it so different from any other multiplayer action game, and it was the slightly uneven character stats. We lost both the magic of earning new equipment and levels (gold and xp flows in so fast you barely notice your first 25 levels) and the magic of defeating people with higher stats than you. There was a huge skill factor indeed. It was just more interesting and less evident.

I know, I know, you are all disagree. I'm one of the few guys out there that didn't quit one or two weeks after that patch. Yet I still can voice my opinion about this, and it didn't changed.

PS :  please, please respect the ways others have fun and spot ranting about "grinding". Everything is pointless anyways.
Yeah gj youve tuned into it.
And chadz. im not necessarily saying we should rewind crpg to the old days. Im saying. There's gotta be some way to make everyone's characters more diverse and let people have access to builds that are a small amount more extreme.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 01:15:38 am »
Current system is fine.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 01:17:05 am »
What you're looking for is an asian grinder.

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 03:00:21 am »
Stop whining, took me about 2 weeks to get from level 31 to 32.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 03:13:40 am »
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 12:07:25 pm »
voted wrong. thought "this EXP system" meant the current one.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 12:32:19 pm »
While I don't agree with OP, a gold sink for those with 1Mil+ gold would be awesome. We have the market, now, but there really is no point in amassing more than 15-30 heirloom points. What I would like to see is unique items.

There could be like a lottery, where you can buy tickets, and the amount of tickets you have is equal to the chance of winning. Similar to lottery loerdag, but with ingame gold instead of real donations. Each week/fortnight/month, a winner would get a free pass to make one of his items unique. Only masterwork items could be made unique, and they would gain an additional stat bonus. Additionally, the player could name them, and when he would join a server, a notice would display like for the owning of fiefs, announcing him as the owner of <TheNameThePlayerChoseForTheItem>.

Now what really would make these items special would be that there could only be 1 unique item of each type. The first one who made his pitchfork unique would forever be the owner of the only unique and named pitchfork (unless he chose to trade it, of course).

Maybe in a later step, these items could also gain a unique model + texture.

Another idea for a gold sink would be a buyable heirloom respec, allowing to free heirloom points of items for 100k gold.

Or of course, like other games do it, introduce consumables, that is, items which after use must be bought again, like the firebomb. If they are expensive enough, they won't be used excessively and could add some spice to the game. The only problem is finding fitting items, as I feel potions would not really match with cRPGs setting. Maybe battle drugs? Or make throwing items and arrows consumables :).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 08:50:24 pm »
Stop whining, took me about 2 weeks to get from level 31 to 32.

This. He wants to grind, but complains about how long it takes to grind. You can go past 31, all the way to 35 at least (maybe more, nobody has come clean on whether there is a hard cap, or just the soft exp grind cap). So why aren't you grinding to 35?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 09:55:16 pm »
took me months to get to lvl 31, hit it earlier was sooo boring.

current system is better than previous ones but I want to see exp between 30 and 31 halved and the exp bonus from generations removed completely.

a new player with new exp system will never catch up to how many hierlooms some people have stockpiled even if he plays 24/7

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 04:35:32 am »
Introduce a Lord/Vassel system like some of the MMO's.

Lord pays out gold so vassels get extra XP or multiplers

Offline HuskerRall

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 08:37:49 pm »
and when he would join a server, a notice would display like for the owning of fiefs, announcing him as the owner of <TheNameThePlayerChoseForTheItem>.

Then when he gets killed, I pickup the Item and for the rest of the rounds there will be 2 or more "unique" items lol  :D