Poll

Does this EXP system look better or worse?

Better
Worse
I dont care about cRPG anymore, it sucks.
The slots system and EXP by time/multiplyers should be fixed.
All of 1, 3, 4

Author Topic: Suggestions for a BETTER cRPG Experience.  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Suggestions for a BETTER cRPG Experience.
« on: June 04, 2011, 07:39:57 pm »
Soo... here's how crpg is going right now.

1) Slots have been implemented (what a drag)

2) It is unrealistic to pass lvl 35 (it takes 6 months to get to lvl 35) There's no acheivemnts we are encouraged to pass. We can basically buy anything. But we cannot EVER get the the dream build we want, like a super fast dedicated 2Her with 18 STR and 30 AGI, It's impossible. So why play when it stops at 31?

3) Everyone does the same thing, wheres the diversity? Retire 31 again.. again.. Give them the choice to retire or continue on.

?) The Point: Everyone wants to be top of kill list and be appreciated for their pro skills. The dedicated grinders to their build should be able to keep going. But at the state crpg is at now. Theres just hours of gameplay then retire. You cannot go above and beyond.
Grinding is an aspect of this mod that gets me hooked. But i do not feel the desire to play this.

Suggestion: make it POSSIBLE to get to a higher lvl.

30 4,420,577  Point of LVL stop. (suggestion, change  exp-lvl to (times)1.25 each lvl after 31.) instead of times 2
31 8,892,403 
32 17,784,806  = 11,115,503 exp
33 35,569,612  = 13,894,378 exp
34 71,139,224  = 17,367,972
35 142,278,448 = 21,709,965   (After lvl 35 make it (times)1.4 each lvl-exp)
36 284,556,896 = 32,564,947
37 569,113,792 = 45,590,925
38 1,138,227,584 = 63,827,295
39 2,276,455,168 = 89,358,213
40 4,552,910,336 = 125,101,490 (MAX)

Theres is the best way to balance the Lvling system.
People who want to make it to lvls +31 actually can. Itll take a span of about 1,1/2 months to get to lvl 35.
Itll take about a span of 8 months to get to lvl 40. But you don't have to continue grinding if u dont want.
This way there will be a REASON to keep playing on after lvl 31 instead of retirement.
It is still hard to get to lvl 40. BUT you can!! It will just take months of hard grinding.

At this state of cRPG You're completly useless until about lvl 25. But then you finally make it to lvl 31, and you have quite good stats that you'd love to keep, but you cannot keep going. You'll retire and start over and have the same experience. Why not keep your beloved build if you want to? Keep it and hold onto it until it becomes your dream stage!

Give your opinions. Im leaving this chat open for discussion.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:11:53 pm by Strider »

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
Re: The NEW state of cRPG
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:47:45 pm »
Ur the reason we got the new xp system.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: The NEW state of cRPG
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »
3) There is no personal skills involved in the game-> like the good old days.

?) The Point: Everyone wants to be top of kill list and be appreciated for their pro skills. But at the state crpg is at now. This involves no skill. Just hours of gameplay then retire. You cannot go above and beyond.

You realize you're completely contradicting yourself here right?

You're saying that cRPG involves no skill, yet everyone is the same level with no artificial advantages against each other due to stats and grinding.  Equal footing/stats is what makes it about skill. 

Then you ask for the ability to gain artificial stat advantages vs other players due to grinding/no-lifing.  Basically, make up your mind.  Currently the mod is more about skill than it ever was.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for a BETTER cRPG Experience.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:50:02 pm »
Lots of cRPG Gods and Veterans are leaving because they hate how cRPG has changed. I am one of the veterans who has been playing from the start. Also too much gold is being given out. I know i have 900,000 Gold and have nothing to do with it. I dont even play too often. It should be decreased to 25 gold for 1x, 50 for 2x and so on...

Im out. Continue discussions amongst yourselves.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:51:59 pm by Strider »

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »
No.

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Risen_Crixus Risen_Amender
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 07:55:08 pm »
Your insane? do you just sit at home all day every day grinding? most people do not want the grind aspect of the game a people like you try to get the game changed to make it even harder for new players, for me the gold income is very low considering the costs to buy a loomed item. Your either Mad or Sad.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 07:56:46 pm »
No.

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 08:05:15 pm »
Your insane? do you just sit at home all day every day grinding? most people do not want the grind aspect of the game a people like you try to get the game changed to make it even harder for new players, for me the gold income is very low considering the costs to buy a loomed item. Your either Mad or Sad.
I play so i can have fun by being a swift ninja 2Her or rapid firing bowman, or annoying thrower, or w/e. I want to be able to grind while im happily playing my dream builds. I feel no dedication to my own persoanal build. Most people play til lvl 31, retire than create a whole different build. Most people who played the first few months the mod came out know what im talking about. This mod was the best during those times. Now its just NERF, NERF, NERF. Everyone complains about a "better" build. Not one thing hasn't gotten nerfed. Our builds arent ever OP. It means your good with your build. And that's a good thing.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 08:09:26 pm »
Lots of cRPG Gods and Veterans are leaving because they hate how cRPG has changed.

....and I'll tell you why: because no matter their experience and time spent in this mod they can't be gods & heroes anymore....and why is that ? Cause cRPG keeps getting balanced (except the items themselves, NerFasa slacks & sucks bigtime) and other people's skills keep evolving.....these "heroes" (well most of em at least) cant go Rambo and do all the job themselves and get praised to heaven for it, any random guy (or simply the one who hasn't played this mod for a year but only for a few months or so) out there can kill you these days no matter your personal skill and the veterans dislike it. Those "good 'ol times" are over now, this is a new age where anyone can be a hero, depending on the map, class, team, luck, etc.......
Instead of adapting they choose to quit or even GTX and they have my full "support" in it: either you adapt to the changes or stfu and gtfo.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 08:24:55 pm »
Yes exactly, CHanges, Changes, changes. Nothing NEEDED to be changed. The reason i played from the start was because of the Gods and Veterans. I wanted to be like them. But i couldn't. I still tried to be like them, and it kept me having fun while trying to reach a goal.
INRL and cRPG it is important to set goals that out of the ordinary, because it keeps you trying to accomplish it.
Someone without a goal just walks through life watching things happen and gives up. We all need a goal. A goal that seems possible to accomplish. But actually cannot be. A dream. The lvl 40 mark will be a dream. But there's no problem. It probly (STILL after these changes) will not be accomplished. But it gives everyone at least a sence of hope and desire.

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 08:29:39 pm »
Im not encouraging grinding. Im encouraging challanging your own characters. If it was only about grinding then why play? We are grinding while having fun at the same time. This is the stuff we need. When I retired and went back to a peasant, I wasn't having fun anymore. I was a useless, helpless mutt. The fun starts at lvl 25.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 08:33:26 pm »
Man, the things you're saying are just so wrong on so many levels. It'll never happen, let it go.
Don't.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 09:01:07 pm »
People who want to make it to lvls +31 actually can. Itll take a span of about 1,1/2 months to get to lvl 35.
Itll take about a span of 8 months to get to lvl 40. But you don't have to continue grinding if u dont want.

Bolded the important wrong part. You have to continue grinding. If you stay still, you will fall back. We've been there, and it does not work.

Grinding is all fine and nice in singleplayer, I know I enjoy those flash games every now and then where you level up for an evening. The point is I'm doing it alone. When I leave the game and come back, the enemies are just where I left them.

This doesn't work in Multiplayer. At least not in warband. If you sit out for a day, a week, a month, you are so far behind, that you can't stay at the competetive level where you left.

You are looking for a different game. cRPG is probably not what you are interested in. Unless you just give it a try and look at it what it is, not what it was. This is no hero simulator, this is a battlefield simulator.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 09:02:06 pm »
I agree that the XP system now makes it even more annoying to get past level 25, However I don't think people who have played the mod since the start should be "heroes"  yes you have played for a long time and you should of got better at it, but some people are just good at this game I don't find grinding fun and I get really pissed when I reach level 25 because it takes so long but that aside you cant be good just for playing. you have to learn not just play ask people how they do it go train in the duel server like these "heroes" you don't get the title just for playing for ages you EARN IT.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.