Author Topic: Chinese flu - Doomsday 2020  (Read 32308 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2400
  • Infamy: 1733
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese flu - Doomsday 2020
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2020, 07:49:22 pm »
It is mostly elderly and immunocompromised population that died, but mortality from COVID-19 in Italy is nearly 4%. Much, much higher than mortality in S. Korea and a bit higher than Wuhan.

Edit: Gravoth, do not cancel your trip to Croatia. They have less than 10 cases, Sweden has over 100. Probably due to Croatia not testing nearly as much they should. But if I were you, traveling via airplane would be something I would avoid.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2020, 11:19:35 pm »
+1
They are not evil, they are Borg, collectivist society. Individual life means very little to them. They all are like that, yellow peoples. South Koreans only differ in behaviors you guys implanted over the decades, otherwise, they are the same as their Northern brethren.

One good thing about collectivism is that it is scared of diseases that spread fast and are deadly. That's why we saw such a strong response in China, Vietnam, South Korea. In society which values individualism, no one cares about the collective and thinks it is not gonna be me therefore very little to nothing is being done about this virus.

Must admit I thought America was way cooler back when I was a kid. The only knowledge I had about America back then was movies and tv shows. Internet managed to spoil that and show me the other side, the poverty, the inequality, ruthlessness of American society. It is better than where I am right now but not much better and at least I do not have to pay 20000 dollars every time I get ill and have to stay in hospital for a few days. Kinda wish UK fucked off sooner and Germany pushed different model for European culture which does not involve anglocentrism at all. By now I would speak German instead of English and that would help easier get a job now when I have EU passport.

You might like Singapore with there authoritarian democracy (you can get canned with bamboo for littering) but can also get a high paying job while speaking english.  Plus its gorgeous, I would work there if I get a chance.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 2457
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2020, 10:23:54 pm »
Almost 50 people died from SARS2 in Italy in the past 24 hours. Prior to that, they were at 150 deaths and 48 hours before they were around 100 deaths. They are in the third week since the first registered case when people either get better or drop dead. It should be noted their medical facilities while stretched thin, are not yet overwhelmed by the virus. Some 10% of all infected are in intensive care. When they start running out of beds, we can expect a mortality percentage to get even higher.

What we know now, something we did not know a month ago. We know that China is by far the most advanced big country on this planet, they have resources and facilities no one else has in such great numbers. China has five times the population of the USA, but they have 20 times more in goods, they have prepared well for this kind of situation. The USA is not prepared, the EU is not prepared. China is also the USA and the EU only hope because they are the production plant. This could end in a way where China will blackmail USA and EU and force them to their terms regarding future economical cooperation.

My point is, just because China has a 2-3% reported fatality rate does not mean every country will have such a low death rate. If we do not get our shit together ASAP and temporarily let go of our western liberties, Italy will be Wuhan in two weeks, followed by the USA, Germany, France. In a month every place that did not take this seriously will be Wuhan or well into getting there. In two months, we will be talking about millions of infected and at that point, this will be out of our hands, we can only pray for outbreak to stop on its own.

Why some people die from this? They have severe pneumonia but that's not all there is. It is speculated that viruses can enter and attack the central nervous system and fuck up autonomous breathing, meaning if you stop breathing voluntarily you will die. That is not novel but is an extremely rare occurrence in viral outbreaks. Despite sped up research we still know very little about this virus. New things could pop up, even in those who were cured from it. We don't know yet. Anyone who with absolute certainty comes out on media platform and claims stuff should not be taken seriously at all.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:27:58 pm by Leshma »

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2020, 06:17:30 am »
Death rate is at 5% in USA because our healthcare is shit.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2020, 07:17:33 am »
+1
Should be pointed out that some people get it and then get better without any symptoms showing, so that's atleast some good news, some people seem to be basically 'immune' to it.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2020, 10:42:58 am »
Should be pointed out that some people get it and then get better without any symptoms showing, so that's atleast some good news, some people seem to be basically 'immune' to it.
their immunity be the key to this upcoming zombie apocalypse

cut em open and see whats inside!

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2020, 10:56:30 am »
their immunity be the key to this upcoming zombie apocalypse

cut em open and see whats inside!

Apparently you can also get it again after being 'cured' too. And worse. Oops.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2020, 11:08:08 pm »
Apparently you can also get it again after being 'cured' too. And worse. Oops.
I said cut em open

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2639
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2020, 03:18:31 am »
There is one recently discovered infectious disease, transmitted by another bat dwelling virus, called Hendra. Couple dozen cases in Australia among livestock, mostly horses, and few humans who took care of those horses all in the past two decades. Insane fatality rate but interesting quirk is, one of the dudes who got it and managed to fight it off died within two years from neurological symptoms and when they opened him up virus was residing in his brain. There are already indications of this coronavirus doing the same in some patients.

We virtually have no clue what will happen to those who recovered from this disease in the future. Apparently you don't get proper immunity after you recover from this. Antibodies from recovered patients so far have proven useless in an attempt to create a vaccine.

In Italy, less dead than yesterday but a number of new cases is approaching 1500 per day. They are already considering giving priority to patients based on age and severity of their condition. At over 4000 patients... What will happen when that number reaches 40000 cases in about a week at this rate?

My birthday is coming soon and wanted to get a new phone for my birthday. The one I wanted, Xiaomi brand, is not available. The factory is not working, there is no stock. Will have to wait at least a month. Soon all goods will become scarce.

A month from now if we don't get locked inside by our governments you can expect seeing dead bodies on the street and nobody coming to pick them up for hours or days. Our modern medicine will be rendered useless for many because there will be no resources to treat that many people. Basically plague in the middle ages scenario is awaiting.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2020, 08:56:48 am »
Sounds sick, too bad this is not a movie.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1453
  • Infamy: 333
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2020, 06:02:25 pm »
In a movie, virus is usually even deadlier but people reactions are sane, they actually take it serious in the movies.

Shame we don't have Italians posting here anymore. Wonder if it is true that Lombardy is fully quarantined right now?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 615
  • Infamy: 1060
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2020, 07:24:34 pm »
Today report from Italy, 1500 new cases and 130 deaths. Still low numbers if you compare them with total population but if this gets to 15000 new cases that will also mean 700-1000 new deaths every day. It will become like that unless they manage to pull of Wuhan quarantine measures.

In the last four days, 80% of deaths from SARS2 occurred in Italy. They were at 50 dead before that.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2020, 05:51:01 am »
+1
Down side to world epidemic, grandma dies, upside, massive social change.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2020, 07:30:40 am »
+3
Down side to world epidemic, grandma dies, upside, massive social change.

Not sure im digging the social change, people acting like chinese are all carriers is kinda jank
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA