Author Topic: Mandalorian  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Mandalorian
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2019, 11:20:15 pm »
+1
The Walker scenes were fucking pants-on-fire retarded. Absolutely nothing cool about it at all. It made no sense whatsoever. Red eyes? Really? How subtle. And this mega-weapon of destruction managed to kill a grand total of 0 people, while firing at a bunch of people twenty meters from it, people who were hiding behind.... a couple of wooden sticks. Just awful.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 1310
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2019, 11:51:56 pm »
I agree with most of the things said above but have to say that the AT-ST scene to me was best in the entire Star Wars. Always felt how Star Wars is exceptionally bad at delivering galactic war portion of it. Almost skipped clone wars nonsense in episode 2, straight to jedi battle. Any scene involving mechanical things in Star Wars movies is usually terribad, with the sole exception of droid comedy from original movies. This was fun, in a retarded way but still fun.

Razor Crest looks like something straight out of Star Citizen, which is perfectly understandable considering former Star Citizen concept artist is now working for Lucas Films.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2019, 05:48:01 am »
another dope episode, thought it was going to be a two parter at first
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2019, 09:26:25 am »
+1
Another absolutely awful episode that, once again, does nothing to advance the plot in any way.

Imagine, if you will, being a wanna-be bountyhunter. You don't care about the money at the moment, you just want to become a Guild member.

What do you choose?

Option A) Deliver this handcuffed and captured target you originally wanted, to become a full member of the Guild.
Option B) Try to backstab a superarmored legendary Mandalorian, whose help you needed to capture the original target because you were scared, to become a full member of the Guild.

Hmm yes, let's choose option B, seems very smart and likely to work.

What a weak-ass villain and weak-ass story once again. And no plot whatsoever. Is the entire show just supposed to be about flying to different planets and then someone trying to capture the hehecutexdbabyyoda in ever dumber ways?

Shows like these don't even pretend to have intelligent characters that have an inner life, just caricatures that unthinkingly and nonsensically drive the plot forward to the inevitable ending, i.e., the Mandalorian saving baby yoda.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 02:05:14 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1429
  • Infamy: 703
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2019, 01:52:23 am »
Don't be jelly of baby Yodah. I have spent three hours yesterday and today painting a miniature baby Yodah.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2019, 06:20:59 pm »
Watching out of sheer inertia at this point. It is really, really difficult to sit through the assassin droid rebuilding scene.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2019, 07:21:05 pm »
Someone make a yodeling baby yoda video meme.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2019, 10:33:55 am »
Watching out of sheer inertia at this point.
Yep, same, sadly.

Though I almost decided to stop watching when that black guy told Mandalorian that the "plan was to kill you and take the child."

Yeah, no fucking shit. So obvious. And the Mandalorian still went. The show is just one cliche after the other. Nothing surprising ever happens. Every cliche is played to the hilt, they're never subverted (a show that subverts them really well, for comparison, is the Expanse). Really nothing makes sense and the action scenes are boring except for some rare exceptions like Mando vs Droids.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2019, 10:47:30 am »
Thank fuck for The Expanse, so we at least have one somewhat decent sci-fi show.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2281
  • Infamy: 369
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2019, 04:04:06 pm »
+1
Still better Star Wars than new trilogy.

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2019, 11:26:36 pm »
+1
Don't forget the Mandalorian brooding at someone menacingly, then getting himself thrown around like a ragdoll by first random opponent.

Is that opponent a "strong", "independent", wahmen, by any chance?

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2019, 11:36:54 pm »
Is that opponent a "strong", "independent", wahmen, by any chance?
Yes its that big stronk wahman who was kicking Colossus butt in Deadpool.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 11:43:04 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2019, 11:42:22 pm »
+1
Fucking knew it.

And I haven't even watched the series - Nor do I intend to.
All disney and hollywood are interested in, is shoving feminist and sjw propaganda into these films.

Star wars died with the feminist awakens.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 11:46:55 pm by Ujio »

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2301
  • Infamy: 1675
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2019, 01:45:54 am »
Star Wars died when Ewoks showed on the big screen and was buried by The Phantom Menace. New movies are copulating with the corpse kind of thing.

Mandalorian is nothing special or original but for the gutter that Star Wars became over the years, it is breath of fresh air.

As I often say, if you want to know what is popular look at official merchandise pricing. Mando figure currently costs as much all the other Star Wars characters from the new trilogy. Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, Reia, Snoke etc. All sub 10 dollar on heavy discount cuz nobody wants those. Nobody really likes new Star Wars movies. On the other hand, Mando is 60-80 dollars, more expensive than classic Luke, Obi Wan, Darth Vader figures. Want to get my nephew one Mando but cannot justify paying that much on plastic toy. Baby Yoda merchandise is biggest fail of Disney ever. If they had any for this holiday season they would make billions of dollars just from baby Yoda. The single most popular thing to 3d print right now is baby Yoda, I printer and painted four different ones so far. Thinking to start selling them online. That Dinosaur looking mount they ride in the show has an awesome figure which was always on sale for the past ten years or so. Not this holiday season. Went straight to base price and then quadrupled in price over the night, and you can hardly get any. Mandalorian is crazy popular. Only non popular figure is of course, Cara Dunn, because people and kids dont like feminist crap.

You may say merchandise does not reflect anything but Star Wars generates most money through toys, they started action figures and movie merchandise collecting. When Lucas sold Star Wars he didn't sell future cinema ticket sales, he sold billions of dollars as profit from selling Star Wars toys.

Some smart dude on youtube made crappy video involving baby Yoda and baby Groot. Youtube videos made for children involving toys and action heroes have tens of millions of view, many are into half a billion range. But when you combine two cutest baby action heroes in one place, its like having a money printing machine. Bottom line is, no one gives a fuck about old farts. Which is why they put Ewoks in ep VI. Money is in toddlers mostly and partly teens (teens appreciate action heroes more than toddlers but parents spend a lot of money on 2-8 year olds). Disney hit the jackpot with baby Yoda and will milk it until it shrivels like old mans penis.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2019, 06:20:35 am »
+2
I hope the woman stops appearing in every episode. She's such an awful character. Take away the "haha i'm so bad ass and brooding", and what do you have left? Absolutely fucking nothing. She's one of the flattest characters I've ever seen, so incredibly boring.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.