anyone still play this? :-)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:12:13 pm »
+1
no but I still ruv u <3
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 10:24:18 pm »
+3
no were waiting for binerlard

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 01:34:36 pm »
binerlard

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 02:03:18 am »
I'm waiting for the cRPG mod for Bannerlord.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 10:16:50 pm »
I'm waiting for the cRPG mod for Bannerlord.
Same! Or maybe they'll do something like that themselves, hopefully.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 03:36:30 am »
+10
My prediction for this is gonna be like that:

- Game is going to be released in 2020 (in best case), when the people started playing cRPG in 2010 are 10 years older, have a job, children and stuff like that.

- Game mechanics stays the same. I talk about the combat system and it's same 4 directional attacks/blocks, not a various singleplayer improvements. So there will be no really much point in switching to M&B2 in this perspective. It is likely that we'll have a situation that happened with the elder versions of Counter Strike - when a Global Offencive came out, lots of people still stayed with the Source, just like some stayed with CS 1.6 before. So I suspect that Warband community will [though reduced, but] survive. Anyway, who is so eager to continue on grinding, doing pretty much same shit as they did in cRPG1 Warband edition? Even though I love the game and I miss the cRPG sieges, I feel like I'm kind of fed up with it by now. Also I kind of reached the edge of my level in terms of skill (surely, it depends on how often I play the game), and I have basically nothing to do to explore with this game anymore. The most part of fun for me was being a noobie, learning this game and the people around. And it's not like this can be repeated with Bannerlord coming out.

- Since guys like chadz, CMP and Harald are not seem to me like they are gonna be those who'll create cRPG for Bannerlord, there will be lots of different tries on carrying out this idea. So there's gonna be like 5 different versions of cRPG-like mods with various degrees of quality and the community will split on these. And since the engine is new and there will be lots of newer mechanics (I'm talking about Strategus related ones, since the singleplayer regime is gonna be massively enhanced) it is gonna take a lot of time to make something good out of it anyway.

- It's like good 4 years since this mod has died - I mean the moment when the original devs quitted to start their Kickstarter campaign and were replaced by someone else. I think "The Destiny Patch" (Nov 2014) became the last one Harald did. After that we had buggy February Patch (2015), which killed EU siege and one year later the mod was abandoned completely when the oKaM came out. Community has died so long ago. Even these forums are pretty much dead. There are still like 20-30 same folks wandering around, but when I think about how many good, funny and clever people are missed - I can count 100 of them easily. And it's not likely that they come back (family, jobs, children, tired of game). So Bannerlord, if it even comes out, is gonna be a completely new story with new younger people around, and the remains of this community will be just a part of something else. All the topics, the clashes and the debates we had will be repeated by somebody else, and we're gonna be some guys casually showing up shaking our beards a little in front of these youngsters - nothing else. And if someone is going to repeat their cRPG experience going full in and sacrifying as much time as they did for this mod - it is somewhere above my comprehension.

R.I.P. cRPG community, can't say that I miss you a lot since all the memories I need are still with me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:47:35 am by Porthos »
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 09:26:57 am »
+4
can't say that I miss you a lot since all the memories I need are still with me.

wow thats beautiful <3
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline kaassaus

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Routier
  • Game nicks: Daniels
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 08:59:29 am »
+1
Well spoken Porthos...

R.I.P Crpg

Offline Seadle

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths
  • Game nicks: Seadle
  • IRC nick: Seadle
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 10:19:12 am »
+3
Sad to see even the forums are basically completely dead.

I've known some and most of you for near a decade. Hard to think that I've spent 9/20, near half of my life playing the same game with the same people.

Can look back and remember vividly playing Native 2010/11 with the TKoV guys, the first time I joined the Community server, playing all the cool new ATS maps, a fully popped NA siege server, watching all the clans come and go, and all the friendships we've all made. Crazy how fast time goes and how vivid the memories are.

Probably the last time I'll ever log on to the forums since I know most people have already left for good.

Bye everyone
(click to show/hide)

LOL U MAD my old friendOT ?? 1V1 ME ANY SERVER ANY DAY, SAME RESULT KIDDO, UR COMPLETE AND UDDER DESTRUKTION!! I EFFORDLESSLY DESTROY U WITH PING CHAMBER AND EPIK FEINTS SO FUCK OFF !!