Author Topic: New WSE2 and cRPG with Warband 1.174  (Read 2771 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
New WSE2 and cRPG with Warband 1.174
« on: May 04, 2019, 08:05:09 pm »
+21
Hello, dear cRPG players! I have several good news for you:

1. Current status of cRPG and WSE2 porting to Warband 1.174 is 90% done. I will make it live very soon, be tolerant to possible glitches. What this means for a regular player? cRPG will get a LOT of new mechanics and fixes of existing broken ones. A lot of new visual opportunities (i.e. we will be finally possible to show BOTH body part and an armor -> sandals/berserker armors/etc with real skin color). We will finally force WSE2 to play cRPG. WSE2 will also have built-in anti-cheat so existing cheaters will have hard times.

2. I developed new AI for DTV (and possibly other game modes). It is in early beta but it already works! Some info about it:
· It has a realistic human reaction delay, so it is possible to outfeint it in certain circumstances, not just full autoblock
· It adapts to your items. AI will try to outreach you and keep distance if you use shorter weapon, it won't try to block/chamber when you can't possibly reach it (taking all the animations of all weapon types into consideration). It will try to evade crushtrough overheads to sides.  It will backpedal while switching from ranged to melee  to prevent being hit and  will also switch back to ranged if it can't reach you.
·  AI will also switch targets much more effectively taking a lot of factors into consideration (distances, number of bots following a player already etc).

Learn more about AI when it gets live, it makes DTV much more competitive and fun!

3. Free reforges won't be a thing by tomorrow or day after tomorrow. If you didn't read announcement to this point - bad luck, make sure you reforge all your existing items to loompoints to decide what you want to stay with later.

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
Re: New WSE2 and cRPG with Warband 1.174
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 10:05:43 pm »
+2
WSE2 will also have built-in anti-cheat so existing cheaters will have hard times.

You should of left that as a secret for the staff team only

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:04:40 am »
+3
- engine updates
- AI updates

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hlin

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 11:49:06 pm »
+3
Too bad no one is around to play the new patch.  8-)

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 03:02:20 am »
I'm your Huckleberry.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 10:44:38 pm »
WSE2 will also have built-in anti-cheat so existing cheaters will have hard times.

Just 'cause I'm a little paranoid...are aesthetic mods still ok?  Things like More Metal Sounds, Calradia in Darkness, Better Skyboxes and semi-custom model swaps are what I use.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...