Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Season 8 - 4/14/2019  (Read 20780 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 8 - 4/14/2019
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2019, 08:25:07 pm »
+2
This was way worse than I dared to expect. No twist, trucks full of plot armor, only Edd, Beric and Jorah dying(?), no Azor Azai, no noteworthy Lord of Light, no Bran plot whatsoever, no magic protection in the crypts or other Stark lore, they forgot they had Ghost in the episode, no clear effect of Valyrian steel and obsidian, "godly assassin murdering entire families" Arya being a massive pussy, Night King being completely uninteresting and dying like a wet fart.

It looked good, some parts of the battle was well done, but good action movies like John Wick still bore me, and so did this. I'll be watching the rest of the show at 1.5x speed just to get through it. Scrolling through some quotes from D&D make it clear I was a fool for expecting anything more once the source material ran out, they are complete idiots who should have been kept far away from a franchise like this.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2019, 08:32:09 pm »
+1
The D&D quotes reminded me of the shit they pulled last season, like Sansa not telling Jon about the Vale army because the actress "guessed (but didnt know(!)) it was more dramatically satisfying." Such awful fucking writers that ruined one of the best TV shows and turned a nuanced show with good dialogue into.... this.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2019, 08:37:59 pm »
this is peak western culture when you think about it

Middle class yuppies, what did you expect?

When you dont have to worry about the basic stuff, like food and shelter, you start worrying about things that dont matter, like GoT for example.

Modern life has made most people soft and acting like retards for minor stuff.

I cringed so hard watching the video, I had to close it.

Fucking yuppies...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2019, 09:18:59 pm »
I felt robbed after watching that episode.

Offline Flans

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
  • I come to eat you at night
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunion_Odysseus
  • IRC nick: Flans
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2019, 09:50:36 pm »
Great episode full of great action and tear-jerking moments.
I wanted an avatar as cool as the Nords ones, but I have no skill with Photoshop, or Illustrator or anything like that >:(

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2019, 10:07:08 pm »
This episode was pathetic on so many levels and I'd love to write an essay on it, but Xant already mentioned pretty much everything I wanted to say.

I feel like they picked up 8 seasons of white walkers lore and just fucking flushed it down the toilet. What was the point of it all? I thought that was the main fucking plot of the entire series and this is how it all ends? To reiterate Dave, I feel robbed.

And what's the point of Bran? He hasn't done anything, he just went for a nap for the entire duration of the battle. Why was everything so dark and foggy? I couldn't see shit.

This is all so incomprehensibly stupid.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2019, 10:09:52 pm »
https://i.ylilauta.org/5d/79f29f95.mp4

Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2019, 11:23:22 pm »
HAHAHAJHASS what a joke of an episode lmfao

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2019, 02:29:34 am »
+2
Why. Literally why, on earth, are nearly all the main characters alive ? Why isn't the prophecy of Azor Ahai a thing ? Why would the nk raise undeads after they've been killed by dragonglass/valyrian steel ? Why do they use light cavalry to charge directly, in the dark, toward a far, far superior enemy ? While the 3rd episode had some great, aesthetically pleasing plans (ex : the trenches lighting up, the plan where the dragons are between the clouds, the dothraki charge to name a few), so many things make no sense. Many times in the episode, you could see characters (Theon, Daenerys, Jon Snow) getting swarmed by enemies, yet they always were in a 1v1 in the next plan. Like some others said, the show is nothing more but a 6/10 at this point, compared to the 11/10 at the very start.

Oh, and we learned nothing about the night king, but who fucking cares, he's dead haha, right ? What a fucking waste.

Offline Nequam

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nequam Worthless_Archer
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2019, 03:10:55 am »
+2
Why would the nk raise undeads after they've been killed by dragonglass/valyrian steel ?
Did he also raise fallen undead? If I remember correctly he only raised defenders who were killed by the undead.
"And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'. Only egotism exists."
H. P. Lovecraft

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2019, 03:28:08 am »
Might need confirmation on that one then, since it'd actually make more sense if it happened that way.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2019, 03:32:12 am »
Why. Literally why, on earth, are nearly all the main characters alive ? Why isn't the prophecy of Azor Ahai a thing ? Why would the nk raise undeads after they've been killed by dragonglass/valyrian steel ? Why do they use light cavalry to charge directly, in the dark, toward a far, far superior enemy ? While the 3rd episode had some great, aesthetically pleasing plans (ex : the trenches lighting up, the plan where the dragons are between the clouds, the dothraki charge to name a few), so many things make no sense. Many times in the episode, you could see characters (Theon, Daenerys, Jon Snow) getting swarmed by enemies, yet they always were in a 1v1 in the next plan. Like some others said, the show is nothing more but a 6/10 at this point, compared to the 11/10 at the very start.

Oh, and we learned nothing about the night king, but who fucking cares, he's dead haha, right ? What a fucking waste.
IKR I swear I saw Sam with like 4-5 wights on him with he on his back when Snow ran by looked at him wishing he could help but ran by, but when it all ended he was safe and sound. He got Edd killed because he refused to go down to the crypts like Jon wanted because "he killed the first wight with dragonglass" by luck mind you but was out there all scared and stuff. Edd stops to help him off his back and dies for it.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2019, 09:16:32 am »
dragon died called it
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2019, 12:38:54 pm »
+2

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2019, 02:16:15 pm »
+3
One thing not a lot of people mention is how much the DIALOGUE has regressed as well. When they were still using GRRM's lines there was some great dialogue, the characters even spoke differently, now everyone talks like a modern American and the dialogue is extremely simplistic and sit-com like.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.