Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Season 8 - 4/14/2019  (Read 20552 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Game of Thrones - Season 8 - 4/14/2019
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2019, 03:15:49 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:lol:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2019, 03:29:26 pm »
yes but you didn't mention the loli scene, bet u touched ur pp there u sick fuck
https://youtu.be/d72aphmRFl8?t=98
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2019, 05:53:31 pm »
Episode 3 spoilers leaked online from a source in India..

(click to show/hide)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2019, 07:45:32 pm »
+3
"Naath, I'd like see the beaches again"
"Then I will take you there"
"My people are peaceful, they cannot protect themselves"

This conversation makes no sense to me. Ah well, with these plans for the future they'll be dead anyway, or maybe the only two non-white named characters will end up on the throne.

The guy from "Battle of the Bastards" is directing the next episode, yay, I'm sure the battle will make a lot of sense. Should've gotten the guy from the loot train napalm battle instead.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2019, 07:47:24 pm »
Loot train battle was awesome I agree.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2019, 08:06:49 pm »
The guy from "Battle of the Bastards" is directing the next episode, yay, I'm sure the battle will make a lot of sense. Should've gotten the guy from the loot train napalm battle instead.

Battle of the Bastards sucked ass, they should have gotten the guy who did the battle at the wall at the end of whatever season that was.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2019, 08:12:10 pm »
+1
Who did the battle at Hardhome?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2019, 08:15:22 pm »
The caravan battle was definitely the best in recent memory. Battle of the bastards, while overall pretty shitty at least starts off really well, with the long oneshot of jon running around the chaotic battlefield, plot armor as strong as ever. "Send word!" *dies*

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2019, 10:05:20 pm »
+3
Who did the battle at Hardhome?

Miguel Sapochnik - Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards (BotB started off with Mereen battle too), and the upcoming Winterfell battle. He's directing the 5th episode so probably another battle.

Neil Marshall - Wall battle

Matt Shakman - Caravan battle

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2019, 12:15:29 am »
Miguel Sapochnik - Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards (BotB started off with Mereen battle too), and the upcoming Winterfell battle. He's directing the 5th episode so probably another battle.

Neil Marshall - Wall battle

Matt Shakman - Caravan battle
Ok so I guess there is a 50/50 chance the Winterfell Battle wont be retarded, I like BoH.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2019, 08:47:02 am »
"Naath, I'd like see the beaches again"
"Then I will take you there"
"My people are peaceful, they cannot protect themselves"

This conversation makes no sense to me. Ah well, with these plans for the future they'll be dead anyway, or maybe the only two non-white named characters will end up on the throne.

I don't think you can blame the director too much for the Battle of the Bastards. There was this whole thing, a documentary or something (?), where the director talks about just how unreasonable the demands and time frames D&D gave him were, and how their requests kept changing, etc. D&D sound extremely incompetent every time I hear about them doing something. But I bet the director had way more time and funds now to do as he pleases with the battle, so we'll see.

And yes, that conversation was fucking weird. Also the next line, "my people aren't, we will protect you" presumes that all the Unsullied will go there with them??? Like what the fuck? Is the entire Unsullied army just going to abandon Daenerys to go on a vacation with their commander and his love interest? And then STAY there to protect the people of Naath? From who? What's going ON with these writers?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2019, 08:55:37 am »
Also why is nobody talking to Bran if he's supposed to be able to see everything that's happening and has happened? Like, I don't know, about how the Night King was defeated before and what kind of things it can do and what it's after, etc., etc?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2019, 09:07:00 am »
+4
I just hope for another episode showing white people being dirty racists to their saviors, women discussing how men are SO easy to manipulate and how well they've done despite all the evil sexism, little girls showing that they can be brave warriors too (two scenes like that like last episode pls), barbarians inventing feminism and demonstrating Women Can Be Knights Too, and, most of all, I DEFINITELY do not want to see a single man who isn't subservient to women. Please Game of Thrones, you've done so well so far, don't introduce a man with his balls still attached. Oh and if we can have some more Daenerys Mary Sue moments in the battle that'd be swell. Not that I have to request that, it's a given.

I also like how Brienne of Tarth is in charge of one flank of the army, despite never commanding anyone in her life, and there being no indication of her even knowing anything about warfare. They have men there who've commanded armies in multiple wars, but alas, they're, well, men.

Fucking hell this show's gone downhill so much in the past 3-4 seasons it's actually incredible.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2019, 11:23:40 am »
Also why is nobody talking to Bran if he's supposed to be able to see everything that's happening and has happened? Like, I don't know, about how the Night King was defeated before and what kind of things it can do and what it's after, etc., etc?

I think that Tyrion will have the solution of how to defeat the WW, since he was the only one to actually listen to what Bran has to say.

But yeah, other than that, S8 is a huuuuuge let down so far.

I swear to god, modern world is trying to make us feel bad for having a dick between our legs

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2019, 12:46:35 am »
Yeah, that is what you get when you introduce superpowers, you have to explain the limitations, otherwise not utilizing them to their fullest is just a glaring plothole. It could be pretty easy, maybe accessing events that involve the Night King are a massive risk since he is clearly some counter-greenseer that is aware of Bran, maybe Bran can only access events of which he knows when and where exactly they happened. Both reasonable explanations, but you gotta state these things.

I still have hopes that GRRM had a great ending in mind early in the process of writing, clearly he got lost in the plot himself, but he had some long range lines set up. Maybe the show writers have some great idea from GRRM's notes to work with and I will somehow be astonished and satisfied by the ending. Part of me fears that GRRM did not really get beyond the "Ice and Fire" being Jon and Dany thing and there is nothing left in his notes. The entire Night King is already a bit of a lackluster final villain for a show that had many great morally complex characters. So far he is just a force of evil, like Sauron, he just wants to turn the world to shit, okay riveting.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:28:55 am by Teeth »