Author Topic: New Strategus (new round & mechanics)  (Read 17108 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: New Strategus (new round & mechanics)
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2019, 04:23:40 pm »
+2
Yeah and what is the point of playing if its constantly being changed? I bought a bunch of -1 gear with my 50k and the next day it was all regular. Also now flags are broken

The point is to help test it out to see what works (both technically and gameplay-wise) and what doesn't. Also not being a complete noob when it gets official and understand how things work.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2019, 04:26:13 pm »
+1
· Added Vicinity mechanic showing the closest fief to a hero (a subject to change and add mechanics over it)
· Fixed clan journals crashing on c-rpg website
· Changed merc reward formula to 5000 + (kills* 300 - deaths * 100) + (amount of ticks player received during the battle * 500)
if hero received less than 5 ticks - he doesn't get the gold
· AI now provides even more gold: if won a battle your gold reward gets tripled, if lost - your gold reward is doubled
· AI should now add public messages to promote their defenses
· 2 players required to cap flags is now only applied to defenders, attackers can put down flags alone just like before
· Added 2 nations: Staufen (Germanic inspired) and Ferocia (Frankish inspired), they have no fiefs yet and gear is in progress, they'll partially take current Swadia's gear and probably fiefs, also later Swadia is going to become more Britannic inspired rather than general mid-Western Europe

Good job please god keep this Devotion Dave, your like when ARK first came out those fuckers patched it once a week with new and great shit and optimization for like every week for 6 months.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2019, 04:47:17 pm »
· Added Vicinity mechanic showing the closest fief to a hero (a subject to change and add mechanics over it)
· Fixed clan journals crashing on c-rpg website
· Changed merc reward formula to 5000 + (kills* 300 - deaths * 100) + (amount of ticks player received during the battle * 500)
if hero received less than 5 ticks - he doesn't get the gold
· AI now provides even more gold: if won a battle your gold reward gets tripled, if lost - your gold reward is doubled
· AI should now add public messages to promote their defenses
· 2 players required to cap flags is now only applied to defenders, attackers can put down flags alone just like before
· Added 2 nations: Staufen (Germanic inspired) and Ferocia (Frankish inspired), they have no fiefs yet and gear is in progress, they'll partially take current Swadia's gear and probably fiefs, also later Swadia is going to become more Britannic inspired rather than general mid-Western Europe

Very nice. Previously I couldn't care less about strat, but with these bribes rewards, I might just start playing it.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2019, 05:57:45 pm »
The point is to help test it out to see what works (both technically and gameplay-wise) and what doesn't. Also not being a complete noob when it gets official and understand how things work.

It is unappealing to me to participate in a test round and with no actual end in sight I don't care about it at all. Also the raid mechanic is broken seeing how I attacked something and changed the battle to a raid and it is listed as a siege.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2019, 09:33:11 pm »
It is unappealing to me to participate in a test round and with no actual end in sight I don't care about it at all. Also the raid mechanic is broken seeing how I attacked something and changed the battle to a raid and it is listed as a siege.

What was the fief? So instead of reporting a bug you decided to explain everyone how you don't care and all. Last time I tested it - it worked just fine. You can change siege type only during 2 hours after launching an attack.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2019, 11:16:51 pm »
+2
·  Made Strategus map much more comfortable to use, removed unnecessary elements from it (like header with black background) and added a fullscreen toggle for a more comfortable map overview. Keep in mind that you can access Strategus Map without outside UI at http://strategus.c-rpg.net/ Make sure to refresh your page with ctrl + F5 combo
·  It is now impossible to attack if your army is too lightly armed (considered as naked or extremely underarmed like equipment for 10% of troops)
·  Looted gear of foreign nation is now calculated as cargo and doesn't influence your level of arming (so having even a lot of gear of foreign nation and none of yours will still list you as unarmed)

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2019, 11:34:56 pm »
What was the fief? So instead of reporting a bug you decided to explain everyone how you don't care and all. Last time I tested it - it worked just fine. You can change siege type only during 2 hours after launching an attack.

I know how it works and The fief is Bulugur. I changed it immediately after attacking it. The battle is tonight and I reported the bug as soon as I noticed that my raid is actually a siege.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2019, 11:36:43 pm »
I know how it works and The fief is Bulugur. I changed it immediately after attacking it. The battle is tonight and I reported the bug as soon as I noticed that my raid is actually a siege.

That happened to me last strat several times I attacked and immediately tried to change it to raid and it stayed a siege..................

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2019, 11:59:05 pm »

Bulugur is AI fief, you can't raid AI fiefs newbie. I don't think you ever could.

That happened to me last strat several times I attacked and immediately tried to change it to raid and it stayed a siege..................

Report it if it happens again, I don't think it was ever bugged.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2019, 12:20:57 am »
Bulugur is AI fief, you can't raid AI fiefs newbie. I don't think you ever could.

Report it if it happens again, I don't think it was ever bugged.

Will do!

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2019, 12:52:53 am »

I mean, I have before.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2019, 01:50:11 am »
·  It is now impossible to attack if your army is too lightly armed (considered as naked or extremely underarmed like equipment for 10% of troops)

yeah fuck Druzhina

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2019, 01:58:29 am »
+1
I mean, I have before.

According to file logs raiding neutral fiefs was already impossible before cRPG got added to SVN (version control system), so it was impossible before mid 2012. So either you bullshit or it was bugged.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2019, 04:11:47 am »
According to file logs raiding neutral fiefs was already impossible before cRPG got added to SVN (version control system), so it was impossible before mid 2012. So either you bullshit or it was bugged.

It was definitely bugged then. I also noticed the ai fief message claims it will pay you triple whatever you ask for which is ridiculous considering they don't have that kind of silver but also I haven't received any silver at all. I know Cassander has actually received silver so I don't think its broken I am just not sure if everyone gets paid because the fiefs don't actually have the money to pay out.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2019, 05:16:11 am »
+1
Dave make it so we make a fuck ton more silver if we play EU1 or NA1, it might boost the population like " Hey dude get on and play for an hour or 2 so you can make strat silver and not wait 3 weeks to do a trade run on a map"

Idk personally i think it would get clans to play again and make things more fun as long as it couldnt be abused like you need atleast 15 on na1 or eu1 to get it started.

I know this isnt a suggestions forum but since its strat related and you seem to be working so fast i just wanted to toss the idea around