Author Topic: apex legends  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
Re: apex legends
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 04:33:04 pm »
utter crap

i have a solution for overpopulation problem

delete everyone who plays battle royale
leshma i compulsory like ur every post xd.
I didn't liked the game but i think it will be the new thing for pubg,fortnite playing kids.

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 03:47:35 am »
+1
Can someone explain to me what's so good about Battle Royale game modes? I personally think they're utter shit and don't understand why it's so popular.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 04:49:42 am »
+1
Can someone explain to me what's so good about Battle Royale game modes? I personally think they're utter shit and don't understand why it's so popular.

The investment into a single game makes each round more impactful and exciting, especially if you arent hardcore but more casual type then its very intense. More effort in surviving rather than just bluntly trying to get the most kills etc. Looting makes for uncertain outcomes, which adds a king of the day element that can be enjoyable.

I dont play them and have little to no interest in them, but i can definitely see why that sort of gameplay became such a huge success.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 05:51:05 pm »

I played a few rounds when they were first a thing. They definitely got my blood pumping and adrenaline going from the anticipation and worry, for reasons that Gravoth mentioned. Too much so for me to be honest, so I haven't really played them since.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 10:20:51 pm »
People like looting in general and finding good stuff. It's like a mini-MMO, building your character every game. And the downtime and looting makes the firefights more meaningful. You really don't want to die, and nor do your enemies. And the kills feel a lot better because you know the enemies really didn't want to die, and because you survived. And then you get more loot from those guys.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 01:04:44 am »
It's a good game

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 08:56:36 am »
People like looting in general and finding good stuff. It's like a mini-MMO, building your character every game. And the downtime and looting makes the firefights more meaningful. You really don't want to die, and nor do your enemies. And the kills feel a lot better because you know the enemies really didn't want to die, and because you survived. And then you get more loot from those guys.

Like DayZ, just all in a single <30 minute match and not boring of course.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 10:23:46 pm »
Tetris 99 is the only battle royale i play
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 03:44:00 am »
Haha epic joke champ :D
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 11:37:27 am »
So after playing quite some last few days, this is how I would personally rank the guns:

S tier - Spitfire, Peacekeeper, Wingman
A tier - R-301, R-99
B tier - Hemlok, Longbow
C tier - G7 Scout, Devotion, Prowler, Triple Take, EVA-8 Auto
D tier - RE-45, Alternator, Flatline
You're better off with your fists tier - Mozambique, P2020

Didn't rank Mastiff and Kraber, I quite like both but due to low ammo I don't pick them up often, especially Kraber.

Spitfire is an absoute beast, imo the best in game due to high TTK in this game. Peacekeeper also when it's consistent. Wingman is insane if you can hit your shots.
R-301 and R-99 are great options for long and close range respectively.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:55:09 am by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 12:27:05 pm »
I wouldn't rank Peacekeeper in S tier simply because of its inconsistency. When it works it's great, but it also gets you killed in situations where you wouldn't have died if you'd just reloaded/used another gun. Also pretty sure EVA does more damage faster if you hit your shots. Haven't tried it much though, but could be better to use it since it's more forgiving if you don't hit perfectly and also more damage if you hit perfectly.

R301 is probably my favorite gun right now, also has the highest practical skill ceiling with the high damage (and DPS) headshots with very little recoil. R99 has too much recoil for medium range and it actually shoots too fast for its own good. Unless you're shooting at a stationary target, or someone who obligingly only strafes in one direction, you're going to miss a ton of bullets before you can track in the new direction. It's still great, of course, just don't like it as much as 301.

Wingman is OP but the way they implemented recoil sometimes makes it weird to use at times. Like there's a lot of visual recoil, but there's no real recoil, and the gun's visual recoil just blocks your view and makes you think you're getting more recoil than you are.

Spitfire's up there with 301 for me, only a bit behind because the rate of fire's pretty slow, but often in realistic conditions the DPS is better than anything else because you don't have to reload. Also high damage headshots.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 12:40:13 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 01:43:13 pm »
I wouldn't rank Peacekeeper in S tier simply because of its inconsistency. When it works it's great, but it also gets you killed in situations where you wouldn't have died if you'd just reloaded/used another gun. Also pretty sure EVA does more damage faster if you hit your shots. Haven't tried it much though, but could be better to use it since it's more forgiving if you don't hit perfectly and also more damage if you hit perfectly.

R301 is probably my favorite gun right now, also has the highest practical skill ceiling with the high damage (and DPS) headshots with very little recoil. R99 has too much recoil for medium range and it actually shoots too fast for its own good. Unless you're shooting at a stationary target, or someone who obligingly only strafes in one direction, you're going to miss a ton of bullets before you can track in the new direction. It's still great, of course, just don't like it as much as 301.

Wingman is OP but the way they implemented recoil sometimes makes it weird to use at times. Like there's a lot of visual recoil, but there's no real recoil, and the gun's visual recoil just blocks your view and makes you think you're getting more recoil than you are.

Spitfire's up there with 301 for me, only a bit behind because the rate of fire's pretty slow, but often in realistic conditions the DPS is better than anything else because you don't have to reload. Also high damage headshots.

R-301 is awesome, with attachments it has basically zero recoil and you can spray people in their head even at long range. I only placed Spitfire higher because of the large mag size, basically.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2019, 02:12:47 pm »
Team game Pepega

Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2019, 07:47:21 pm »
Some (mostly solo) squad takedowns from today:

https://youtu.be/SKtMBoSPi5k

Gave the Longbow my first serious try and honestly I liked it a lot as a secondary, especially when fully kitted. Being able to take out 1 guy and maybe damage the others before pushing them can be a massive help.

Also only really noticed from the recording how much recoil R-99 has beyond 10 meters, it's pretty insane. R-301 on the other hand is great everywhere.

Not too sure about EVA... I was fucking up the timing between the shots (really doesn't help that it changes with the barrel attachment) too much to really decide yet, but didn't feel that good.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I really hope they add more 1x sights in March. The only one with a decent sight picture is the HCOG 1x Classic (or whatever). The rest are trash for tracking and flicking, even the Digital Threat which is the only other tolerable optic but still pretty shit.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2019, 08:40:04 pm »
On a somewhat unrelated note, I really hope they add more 1x sights in March. The only one with a decent sight picture is the HCOG 1x Classic (or whatever). The rest are trash for tracking and flicking, even the Digital Threat which is the only other tolerable optic but still pretty shit.

Yeah, hope they add more 1x as well. Only one I like is the pure red dot (I think that's the HCOG?). Also, sometimes, especially without any sights, the muzzle flash effect is over the top and actually blocks the view. I don't know if there's any special setting to lower it, I already have effects on lowest but sometimes the effects are so over the top it's hard to track targets.