Author Topic: 0.5.5.0: you to decide  (Read 86689 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.5.0: you to decide
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2019, 09:33:10 am »
+1
this was basically the idea when we suggested a full char reset. this suggestion wasnt very popular tho. im still vouching for it.

crpg is about the leveling and grind, take it away and its basically just another native.

edit:

actually, let me get this off me chest; it SEEMS to me that the problem is the personal skill levels. i see the server is active, i get on, i play a bit, more vets join and all of a sudden more than half have quit again. most of the quitters was the ones in cloth and spammy weapons, the ones who refuse to adapt but think that its the gear that makes someone good. they dont want to get better by being rekt over and over like the rest of us did for years. they simply quit and play something else.

translation for the nation of Yuhmaz:
(click to show/hide)

i hope im wrong, but it really seem like this is how it is these days. i dont base this on one experience or evening but many.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:51:23 am by Sniger »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2019, 07:12:11 pm »
crpg is about the leveling and grind, take it away and its basically just another native.
And yet native has 40-100 people that play it everyday.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2019, 07:16:55 pm »
I agree levels in 2019 are bullshit. People want casual fun from warband now, and that is not likely in cRPG when your level is low. On the other hand, giving people equal levels is COMMUNISM, because there are hundreds of hours of gametime invested in reaching that dope level 36. However, if everyone was granted fixed level 36s, I am almost sure we'd have an increase in daily players. But then how will people get looms and stuff? So many questions lol.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2019, 07:21:32 pm »
I agree levels in 2019 are bullshit. People want casual fun from warband now, and that is not likely in cRPG when your level is low. On the other hand, giving people equal levels is COMMUNISM, because there are hundreds of hours of gametime invested in reaching that dope level 36. However, if everyone was granted fixed level 36s, I am almost sure we'd have an increase in daily players. But then how will people get looms and stuff? So many questions lol.
Make xp count towards getting looms and gold only?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2019, 09:30:16 pm »
What if we make lvl 30 the new level 1. but you can still level higher.
But at all i think the level is not the biggest problem, we got too many good players, a new player gets raped very often at the start and yeah thats boring and they leave. They wont invest time to get better..
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2019, 10:22:25 pm »
+4
No the problem isn't being a peasant. Peasant wars are lovely and it's really interesting for a new player to start from scratch. The problem is the level differences that starts at 30, I dunno how fast it is to grind to 33 right now, but let's assume you are a new player that happily grinds levels. You reach 30, now your build is somewhat complete, you can wear the equipment of choice without hesitation, but there are now players above 30, and all of you are  people that knows 1 single level can make a huge difference after 30, so now there is another milestone to achieve for the new player, level 33. Which is, let's face it, impossible to reach in today's cRPG unless you want to spend countless hours in a 9 year old game's mod that is only populated 1-2 hours per day. 36? Not even thinking of it. The new player on top of being new is also lower level than %90 of the players and can't possibly compete so he goes to play Mercenaries, which is inferior in every aspect to c-RPG, but it doesn't have the long ass level grind. Yeah there is a gold grind there, but gold isn't as a limiting factor as level.

What I'd suggest is that we adjust the loom yields of retirements so we don't experience inflation and make 36 take as many hours it takes to reach 30 now. Give all current 36s current amount of retirement LPs before the change so they are somewhat compensated for spending their lifetime in c-RPG. Because when everyone is on fair terms everything is more fun.

Think of it like League of Legends' rune system. Runes used to be bought with in-game money, the top tier ones costing a fuckton, which limited new players to shitty ass lower tier runes. And runes actually impact your game by a lot. So they got rid of that unfair rune system completely, and game is now completely determined by the average age of your teammates skill.

my 2 cents.

Edit: this would also mean more newbies and vets retiring and grinding back again if the top level was easy to reach. Because its a safe assumption to think that people want those new items loomed yo
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:32:32 pm by Kratos »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2966
  • Infamy: 1045
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2019, 02:31:20 am »
+1
In the light of recent events must say that crpg leveling system is not so unfair as some of you may think. As someone who mostly game these days on a toilet playing dumb grindy mobile fodder popular games, must say that crpg is nowhere up to the modern standard. Even when you are good in those games, without money invested they will pit you against much higher level players just to force you to splash some cash on their stupid game. Lets say you beat ten dumb kids aged 3-12 years old, then eleventh will be 10 year old level 9999 who will instakill you and those games are build around stupid powerups which allow escape against good players if you buffed enough char.

Cherish crpg or what is left of it because when it time comes for new generation of crpg mod, you could find yourself surrounded by new gen player who grown up thinking that mobile scam system are social norm and will probably create such a mod using those same systems. Your best bet is that next crpg dev is some crazy, stubborn 40 year old who refuses to accept new era of gaming.

Closest to high char buffs were armored horses trampling players and great maul abuse. Other than that, if you are good at fighting and opponent is not, it may take hundred hits with wooden stick but eventually you will send that shiny lvl 36 knight to sleep. In mobile games such thing is not possible, because modern games see that as unfair lol

Edit: To explain ones reason for playing mobile games filled with toddlers. You beat 1000 small kids, lets say 10% are angry german kid. They cry to mommy to buy them powerups. Lets say 50% of those mommy boys mention name of that horrible asshole who beat them. Thats 50 hot milfs knowing your fucking name. Its not good as fucking them but it is some sort of satisfaction. And on top of that you are scoring those wins while taking a dump. Desktop gaming just cant beat that shit.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:41:26 am by Leshma »

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2019, 03:00:29 am »
+2
(True) new players will always lose to vet players, regardless of level or gear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2019, 09:19:03 am »
+2
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2019, 11:47:14 am »

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline fetus

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • some random turk idk
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2019, 11:17:49 pm »
No the problem isn't being a peasant. Peasant wars are lovely and it's really interesting for a new player to start from scratch. The problem is the level differences that starts at 30, I dunno how fast it is to grind to 33 right now, but let's assume you are a new player that happily grinds levels. You reach 30, now your build is somewhat complete, you can wear the equipment of choice without hesitation, but there are now players above 30, and all of you are  people that knows 1 single level can make a huge difference after 30, so now there is another milestone to achieve for the new player, level 33. Which is, let's face it, impossible to reach in today's cRPG unless you want to spend countless hours in a 9 year old game's mod that is only populated 1-2 hours per day. 36? Not even thinking of it. The new player on top of being new is also lower level than %90 of the players and can't possibly compete so he goes to play Mercenaries, which is inferior in every aspect to c-RPG, but it doesn't have the long ass level grind. Yeah there is a gold grind there, but gold isn't as a limiting factor as level.

What I'd suggest is that we adjust the loom yields of retirements so we don't experience inflation and make 36 take as many hours it takes to reach 30 now. Give all current 36s current amount of retirement LPs before the change so they are somewhat compensated for spending their lifetime in c-RPG. Because when everyone is on fair terms everything is more fun.

Think of it like League of Legends' rune system. Runes used to be bought with in-game money, the top tier ones costing a fuckton, which limited new players to shitty ass lower tier runes. And runes actually impact your game by a lot. So they got rid of that unfair rune system completely, and game is now completely determined by the average age of your teammates skill.

my 2 cents.

Edit: this would also mean more newbies and vets retiring and grinding back again if the top level was easy to reach. Because its a safe assumption to think that people want those new items loomed yo
This is so true, mercenaries is still populated no wonder why cRPG is way better but hell i play mercenaries now :c

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #327 on: February 05, 2019, 02:23:00 pm »
+2
the only way I see how we can get shit going is getting whole mod populations of other mods to come here,  a bit like it happend in SA.

dont see any change to the system actually reviving this.

but what do I know.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 09, 2019, 04:39:15 pm »
+1
May i ask what have we decided so far?dave U Know Right we didn't decided on anything,your creativity and knowledge must be led by the desire of the populace.You have the skill mend the game and fix the game,however u don't have the right ideas or notions.

Just be brave,go wash ur head,shake ur head,jump.Feel a little bit alive nerd.Then ask yeldur what should i fix with the game.Nothing left to lose.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2019, 01:05:39 pm »
Yet there's no update on moddb about all of this? Somebody should spread the word about it! :O