Poll

ranged is killing crpg again

nerf ranged
buff melee
make smoke bombs work

Author Topic: do something about ranged while crpg is alive  (Read 10056 times)

Offline FTG_Pablo

• Balancer
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knightmare, Murder Boner, Acre
  • Game nicks: Pablo__, iK_2sekC_KbW_Pablo_MB, KbW_Silence_MB, Pablo_xD, Bishop_Pablo_of_Acre
Re: do something about ranged while crpg is alive
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 01:17:06 pm »
unfortunately archers are a problem because the archers that play are really good at shooting. It's kind of crazy how shit crossbows, the should-be real killers, are compared to bows in EVERY way. The truth about cRPG is the mod is so small the balance decisions SHOULD be made subjectively and not objectively... meaning that something like the game's population should be taken into account when balancing. That's sounds retarded, but the truth is that a class like, you mentioned, Cavalry is less effective at low pop because people are able to be aware of their opponents because their are so few of them. Cav is difficult for me at least when it's like 10v10 or so and the other team has 1 or two archers that just murder me because I am the most obvious and easy target with such a low pop.

Perhaps some classes ARE stronger than others at different population levels and should be balanced accordingly until the game changes??>.??.?

Totally agree on the xbow bit. I can get 1 shot by an arrow to the body but if Im using my +3 arb and my +3 steel bolts and shoot someone and its not a headshot I have to land 2-3 shots before they die. Balancers made it this way on purpose and its kinda annoying but its easy to get used to.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 01:18:31 pm »
+2
Totally agree on the xbow bit. I can get 1 shot by an arrow to the body but if Im using my +3 arb and my +3 steel bolts and shoot someone and its not a headshot I have to land 2-3 shots before they die. Balancers made it this way on purpose and its kinda annoying but its easy to get used to.

nah man we had an xbow meta going on in EU lately that was stronger then archery.  Im guessing its rly the individual skill level of player.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FTG_Pablo

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pablo__, iK_2sekC_KbW_Pablo_MB, KbW_Silence_MB, Pablo_xD, Bishop_Pablo_of_Acre
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 01:27:36 pm »
+2
nah man we had an xbow meta going on in EU lately that was stronger then archery.  Im guessing its rly the individual skill level of player.
I've talked to the balancers about xbows and they told me its made to be harder for players than regular ranged classes, because the balancers for xbows base it off their 8 years of skill instead of the skill of the average player who wants to go xbow but they are going to be absolute trash because they dont have the same experience as them lol. https://gyazo.com/d13d7e35628e565b5ecad08466a861d5 https://gyazo.com/883c8748ce5ddc26e7ee64a6ab8578c6 https://gyazo.com/57f0ec097927c564f1bd66f306aab706 xbows need a buff but they wont get one because people cry that Dave, Davos and Elderly Woman/Desire are good with them no matter what because of the 8 years of experience with them so they will always be good, but xbows have been literally destroyed and people who want to go xbow cant even come close to the same kdr as archer/thrower metas. If they nerf ranged or they dont it wont really matter unless they extremely nerf it, players like Luker, Furry, Tomba, Frumpty, Hancock just to name a few of the NA Archers will always be great at it no matter what from the experience they have playing archer and it will still be "too OP" to some people and they will continue to cry about nerfing ranged.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:13:11 pm by FTG_Pablo »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 02:02:47 pm »
+1
Divide number of arrows/bolts by 3 and throwing by 2, reduce the round time limit to 4 minutes, no need to thank me.

I miss the awesome shield clusterfighters Dalhi, Tuetensuppe, HAT (have at thee), San, Kinngrimm (eventhough he always solo flanked, supposely going for archers?) and many more, sorry if i forgot your name, its been a while

Offline FTG_Pablo

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 02:11:34 pm »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2018, 02:16:24 pm »
+2

(video by MrShine)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:28:13 pm by Sniger »

Offline FTG_Pablo

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2018, 02:17:48 pm »
+3
lol tip #1 is how Im getting better at xbow even tho its WEAK :P

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 02:52:30 pm »
+1
That is an excellent video.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 03:01:26 pm »
+1
I've talked to the balancers about xbows and they told me its made to be harder for players than regular ranged classes, because the balancers for xbows base it off their 8 years of skill instead of the skill of the average player who wants to go xbow but they are going to be absolute trash because they dont have the same experience as them lol. https://gyazo.com/d13d7e35628e565b5ecad08466a861d5 https://gyazo.com/883c8748ce5ddc26e7ee64a6ab8578c6 https://gyazo.com/57f0ec097927c564f1bd66f306aab706 xbows need a buff but they wont get one because people cry that Dave, Davos and Elderly Woman/Desire are good with them no matter what because of the 8 years of experience with them so they will always be good, but xbows have been literally destroyed and people who want to go xbow cant even come close to the same kdr as archer/thrower metas. If they nerf ranged or they dont it wont really matter unless they extremely nerf it, players like Luker, Furry, Tomba, Frumpty, Hancock just to name a few of the NA Archers will always be great at it no matter what from the experience they have playing archer and it will still be "too OP" to some people and they will continue to cry about nerfing ranged.

Lol, I've talked to her about this as well. I've never seen anyone besides her, me, Dave and I think Rider go better than 1:1 KD (2:1 I think I havent seen any besides us 4) with xbows this strat on NA. Highly possible I've missed some, but I've seen a lot of people try it out and then instantly respec for melee or archery. Always laugh my ass off when I do sub 10 damage with a +3 heavy and +3 steel bolts in a strat battle to the torso/neck areas. Can't even 1hko with a headshot either. I finally just swapped my strat hero back to my melee character, not worth it lol.

Funny shit is, people still want to nerf it besides xbow players being non existant in strat battles and I've seen very few in NA1 as well. You're just worse than Archers in any way besides per shot damage (archers have better rate of fire, more ammo, better access to side arms (especially if you want to use an arb, which is the only true way to do good with xbow), with better rate of fire they also have better damage per second as well) and throwers can practically make you worthless cuz you cant retalitate if they decide to stand 5ft away from you and just chuck shit in your general direction unless you charge them.

Furthermore, the WPF reqs also pigeonhole you into being a very high agi build. I run 15-27 and I'd have more AGI if I could (only lvl 32 on my xbow). Used to be able to run 21/18 with decent melee stats and wouldn't be forced to run away whenever I get someone rushing me. Now I really have no choice if I don't want to be instantly one shot by any melee build.

IDK here's some late night ramblings on xbow.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:06:01 pm by Tristan_of_Erzoth »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline FTG_Pablo

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 03:05:58 pm »
Lol, I've talked to her about this as well. I've never seen anyone besides her, me, Dave and I think Rider go better than 1:1 KD (2:1 I think I havent seen any besides us 4) with xbows this strat on NA. Highly possible I've missed some, but I've seen a lot of people try it out and then instantly respec for melee or archery. Always laugh my ass off when I do sub 10 damage with a +3 heavy and +3 steel bolts in a strat battle to the torso/neck areas. Can't even 1hko with a headshot either. I finally just swapped my strat hero back to my melee character, not worth it lol.
haha I tried xbow on strat, I did pretty well since I practiced on battle with it before hand but its too weak to do anything unless you are good at it.

Offline FTG_Pablo

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 03:11:27 pm »

Funny shit is, people still want to nerf it besides xbow players being non existant in strat battles and I've seen very few in NA1 as well. You're just worse than Archers in any way besides per shot damage (archers have better rate of fire, more ammo, better access to side arms (especially if you want to use an arb, which is the only true way to do good with xbow), with better rate of fire they also have better damage per second as well) and throwers can practically make you worthless cuz you cant retalitate if they decide to stand 5ft away from you and just chuck shit in your general direction unless you charge them.

Furthermore, the WPF reqs also pigeonhole you into being a very high agi build. I run 15-27 and I'd have more AGI if I could (only lvl 32 on my xbow). Used to be able to run 21/18 with decent melee stats and wouldn't be forced to run away whenever I get someone rushing me. Now I really have no choice if I don't want to be instantly one shot by any melee build.

IDK here's some late night ramblings on xbow.
I usually run 15/24 or 15/27 so Im in the same boat lol. You have pretty shit melee wep choices at 15 str if you're using an arb (which is all I use lol)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 03:14:42 pm »
I usually run 15/24 or 15/27 so Im in the same boat lol. You have pretty shit melee wep choices at 15 str if you're using an arb (which is all I use lol)

Especially because last patch removed a lot of the higher end 0 slot weapons and nerfed the blunt ones as well. Can't even use the freaking broad short sword anymore lol. Get yourself a +3 spiked mace its your only shot since you likely have sub 3 PS unless you skimped on IF, but then you get pretty big WPF penalties if you want to wear anything besides peasant armor.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline FTG_Pablo

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 03:15:40 pm »
Especially because last patch removed a lot of the higher end 0 slot weapons and nerfed the blunt ones as well. Can't even use the freaking broad short sword anymore lol. Get yourself a +3 spiked mace its your only shot since you likely have sub 3 PS unless you skimped on IF, but then you get pretty big WPF penalties if you want to wear anything besides peasant armor.
I usually do PS, ATH, and WPM.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 03:44:01 pm »
i dont know about your dueling skills, you are prolly really good.

on the battlefield, however, you are average at best.

edit: shit, 3 posts, sry, i forgot, cant delete now ><

actually its the opposite, on battle server im really really good, and I like assisting my team with bumps and such, on duels im shit.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 04:06:55 pm »
What the fuck are you on about?

I am probably the only lancer that always charges up front, I have never quit the game when my horse died enemies resulting to my
imminent death, hell a couple of days ago you saw it, I am probably the ONLY lancer that goes head to head with spearmean, you can ask Baby head and Nord Rhaegar if I am lying and even Eldar boss.

When I die and leave EU1, its most likely because I change characters, you always trash talk when I leave, but then you are "OH HE IS BACK", my old friendot

I am way too proud to kill AFKers and late spawners, I avoid them and I even hold an upper block.

Youre just saying that shit cause

a. Youre fucking trash
b. When you respecced for a couple a days as a melee player, I fucking owned your ass and you are salty
c. I AM THE FUCKING BEST, SON.

tbf he's the only person i've ever had on horseback charge directly at me on horseback whilst i have a fucking pike in my hand, only for him to some fancy move and then suddenly i'm the one who is dead and not him.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,