Author Topic: NA 1v1/Duel Tournament! Prizes/Rules Confirmed!  (Read 187789 times)

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
Re: NA 1v1/Duel Tournament! Prizes/Rules Confirmed!
« Reply #270 on: October 29, 2018, 11:19:22 am »
+2
Oh, I see minuses from unskilled players :lol:

Simple stuff to know about safe&passive opponents:

Your opponent uses shorter weapon (or using animation that is shorter than yours): outrange him
Your opponent is slower than you: use footwork against his thrusts or make him glance on the start of animation
Your opponent is constantly backpedalling: nudge and rotate around
Your opponent is feinting: spam him on the opposite movement
Your opponent is offensive, yet blocks everything: kick & nudge constantly
Your opponent is abusing nudges: counter nudge or spam on predicted nudge (you have a small window to freehit)
Your opponent is hit&block: chamber on early animation
Your opponent is using a fast light weapon: stun him with held attacks (like overhead)
Your opponent is using long slow weapon: outspam on close range
You can't perform anything from above successfully: do exactly what your opponent does, fail because you lost patience, give a minus to DaveUKR, post on forums.
you realize you're responding to NIKKLE, and giving advice to SCHOI? They are both MUCH, MUCH better players than you.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2018, 11:49:35 am »
you realize you're responding to NIKKLE, and giving advice to SCHOI? They are both MUCH, MUCH better players than you.

Nikkle is going to duel Miley.

And yes, we all know that NA players are much, MUCH better than any EU players. Yet let me give a humble advice to a players who are much much better than me.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2018, 04:35:22 pm »
+2

Whether they're better or not doesn't really matter since most of what he said was correct. In a game like crpg you can have lower ping and/or faster reflexes and perform "better" than someone else 9 times out of 10, and yet they can still be more knowledgeable than you. Game knowledge =/= skill =/= results in a game like this. And given the little snippet of footage from schoi and miley's duel that I watched, neither duelist did much to break the pattern of attack - block - attack - block. Maybe schoi had been doing stuff like nudging, feinting, holding or spamming earlier and had given up on those approaches by the time the duels were recorded, obviously those of us not there wouldn't know what went on before/after the recording.

But I forget that this is crpg where perception of skill is far more important than actual skill, so whatever we say won't change peoples' minds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OE nikkle the BROWN bat
« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2018, 04:54:27 pm »
+7

Simple stuff to know about safe&passive opponents:

Your opponent uses shorter weapon (or using animation that is shorter than yours): outrange him
Your opponent is slower than you: use footwork against his thrusts or make him glance on the start of animation
Your opponent is constantly backpedalling: nudge and rotate around
Your opponent is feinting: spam him on the opposite movement
Your opponent is offensive, yet blocks everything: kick & nudge constantly
Your opponent is abusing nudges: counter nudge or spam on predicted nudge (you have a small window to freehit)
Your opponent is hit&block: chamber on early animation
Your opponent is using a fast light weapon: stun him with held attacks (like overhead)
Your opponent is using long slow weapon: outspam on close range
You can't perform anything from above successfully: do exactly what your opponent does, fail because you lost patience, give a minus to DaveUKR, post on forums.
wow very good analysis of the art of warband. u still fail to touch upon the other variables that play a much bigger role then the stats of a weapon. Anyone that actually knows how to outrange will tell you that the other persons weapons reach vs your own doesnt play a huge factor, (unless ur using a tiny fkn 1h vs a glaive or some shit then u can get away with outranging and being bad). outranging is all footwork, timing, baiting the other persons swings etcetcetc

spamming also isnt rly about the speed of the weapon, its about where you put that weapon relative to the persons hitbox and timing. thats why the hilt spam is so good as if your able to place it inside the enemies hitbox right when u swing it will hit instantly. This "theory" works for every weapon which is why I can spam with most weapons. (tho this is alot harder to do then crpg ppl think it is)

Anyone thats good at feinting will know how to block while theyre feinting. And if they cant do that then chances are their feints are trash anyway

and i already beat miley and when we were in a heated battle of the 7s a good chunk of my hits were because he kept tryna outrange me when he had a massive polearm vs my meek 1h but (no offense) he didnt rly know how to outrange and kinda just crutched on the weapon reach from what I saw and he got punished for it.

nice try libtard
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:26:39 pm by nikklenikkle »

Offline Simon.

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2018, 05:04:14 pm »
+5
yea well nikkle you suck wiener

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2018, 11:12:13 pm »
+5

Imagine getting destroyed 7-2 by RIP with spectators and denying it ever happened rofl. You being minused has more to do with you being a Viscount-tier deluded retard.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2018, 12:43:19 am »
+2
Nikkle is going to duel Miley.

And yes, we all know that NA players are much, MUCH better than any EU players. Yet let me give a humble advice to a players who are much much better than me.
I didn't make that claim, you fucking lunatic. I only said that they're better players than YOU.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2018, 03:07:18 am »
i have decided to come out and speak the truth... 30 years ago in highschool nikkle sexually assaulted me at a party... i went upstairs to use the bathroom and when i headed back downstairs nikkle stepped in front of me and forced me into a bedroom his friend stood by watching and laughing..i have never been more terrified. nikkle began grinding his genitals on me but i managed to escape

please do not let this rapist win
yea well nikkle you suck wiener

no YOU d0!!!!

Offline MercerTheSwellGuy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 30, 2018, 06:19:20 am »
+1
no YOU d0!!!!

Yeah sounds like simon sucked nikkle's weiner. Repeatedly.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2018, 09:17:12 am »
wow very good analysis of the art of warband. u still fail to touch upon the other variables that play a much bigger role then the stats of a weapon. Anyone that actually knows how to outrange will tell you that the other persons weapons reach vs your own doesnt play a huge factor, (unless ur using a tiny fkn 1h vs a glaive or some shit then u can get away with outranging and being bad). outranging is all footwork, timing, baiting the other persons swings etcetcetc

spamming also isnt rly about the speed of the weapon, its about where you put that weapon relative to the persons hitbox and timing. thats why the hilt spam is so good as if your able to place it inside the enemies hitbox right when u swing it will hit instantly. This "theory" works for every weapon which is why I can spam with most weapons. (tho this is alot harder to do then crpg ppl think it is)

Anyone thats good at feinting will know how to block while theyre feinting. And if they cant do that then chances are their feints are trash anyway

and i already beat miley and when we were in a heated battle of the 7s a good chunk of my hits were because he kept tryna outrange me when he had a massive polearm vs my meek 1h but (no offense) he didnt rly know how to outrange and kinda just crutched on the weapon reach from what I saw and he got punished for it.

nice try libtard

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping. Me being on top of scoreboards of NA1 and having equal KDs on your strat battles as melee player, confirms it. That's probably a reason why NA playerbase still exist because your players didn't abuse everything out of OP stuff. Not saying it's bad, but still.

P.S. My mom said that I shouldn't reply to subhumans who can't tell the difference between your and you're.

Imagine getting destroyed 7-2 by RIP with spectators and denying it ever happened rofl. You being minused has more to do with you being a Viscount-tier deluded retard.

Even though I didn't put any effort there as it was a troll duel obvious to everyone but you (spectators lmao, you were the only one who got interested in it) and I play warband like once in a 10 years these days (I don't even have a PC to play it these days, using a laptop without a videocard lmao), losing to RIP isn't a shame since RIP is better than anyone of NA players posted here on the last pages and is a tryhard native nerd. He has bad manners but denying the fact that he's one of the best active c-rpg players is plain stupid.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2018, 11:29:49 am »
+1
Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping. Me being on top of scoreboards of NA1 and having equal KDs on your strat battles as melee player, confirms it. That's probably a reason why NA playerbase still exist because your players didn't abuse everything out of OP stuff. Not saying it's bad, but still.

so because u have topped the scoreboard on a server when you have 150 ping and there are 20 players on you can claim the authority to say na players are casual normies? well i have gone on eu and topped the scoreboard when there were over a hundred people on back when me and sugar used to get banned from NA so i have the right to say that EU may have some top notch players but on average EU has more shitters than NA whereas NA you have less of a skill gap and a higher average

also wtf do u mean players didn't abuse everything on NA we started the shield drop and nudge stun that EU hasn't even had their greatest scientists begin researching yet

besides when u say "NA" ur referring to the USA, a country of 320 million english speakers that all identify as american and dont endorse PC gaming on the same scale of EUROPE, a CONTINENT of 750 million people where PC gaming is pretty popular and you have more in common with a fucking stop sign than you do with some russian alpha 2h

besides #2 ur not a top notch player, and a top notch NA player has more in common with a top notch EU player than you do. just like race politics. fuck race, divide people by IQ. fuck Region of residence for cRPG, make ur identity politics based off of skill
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:34:34 am by bensai »

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2018, 11:35:14 am »
ur rights are trampled, curr

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2018, 11:42:25 am »
so because u have topped the scoreboard on a server when you have 150 ping and there are 20 players on you can claim the authority to say na players are casual normies? well i have gone on eu and topped the scoreboard when there were over a hundred people on back when me and sugar used to get banned from NA so i have the right to say that EU may have some top notch players but on average EU has more shitters than NA whereas NA you have less of a skill gap and a higher average

also wtf do u mean players didn't abuse everything on NA we started the shield drop and nudge stun that EU hasn't even had their greatest scientists begin researching yet

I said most players, not all. We have our baddies as well, actually a lot of them, it's not like every EU player is a kill machine and the skill gap on EU is huge unlike NA. But top notch EU players > top notch NA players, at least because a certain part of top EU players are competitive Native players who took this game too srs.

Then again. Shield drop and nudge haha, the only reason why EU didn't abuse it because no one duels with 1h+shield on EU.

a good chunk of my hits were because he kept tryna outrange me when he had a massive polearm vs my meek 1h but (no offense) he didnt rly know how to outrange and kinda just crutched on the weapon reach from what I saw and he got punished for it.

Well maybe because your 1h outranges or has the same reach as his bec on most attack directions?

besides when u say "NA" ur referring to the USA, a country of 320 million english speakers that all identify as american and dont endorse PC gaming on the same scale of EUROPE, a CONTINENT of 750 million people where PC gaming is pretty popular and you have more in common with a fucking stop sign than you do with some russian alpha 2h

besides #2 ur not a top notch player, and a top notch NA player has more in common with a top notch EU player than you do. just like race politics. fuck race, divide people by IQ. fuck Region of residence for cRPG, make ur identity politics based off of skill

When I say NA I don't refer to the USA, I refer to players playing on NA servers. It's not up to me to judge if I'm a top notch player or not. But what it looks like is that you are jumping in a bandwagon of NA players bashing the only EU player who is active here circlejerking each other not admitting the fact that someone can be potentially better than you.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:57:59 am by DaveUKR »

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OE nikkle the BROWN bat
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2018, 05:14:18 pm »
+2

P.S. My mom said that I shouldn't reply to subhumans who can't tell the difference between your and you're.

Even though I didn't put any effort there as it was a troll duel obvious to everyone but you (spectators lmao, you were the only one who got interested in it) and I play warband like once in a 10 years these days (I don't even have a PC to play it these days, using a laptop without a videocard lmao), losing to RIP isn't a shame since RIP is better than anyone of NA players posted here on the last pages and is a tryhard native nerd. He has bad manners but denying the fact that he's one of the best active c-rpg players is plain stupid.
the best duelist, or one of the best duelists, in EU hardly beat oodle with a 20 ping difference after he didnt play for 6 weeks.

https://youtu.be/ALiKcYuZ1zE

and heres me, some common na GRUNT a year and a half ago ft7ing gibby when he had BETTER PING THEN ME (I get 85-95 on east coast servers he gets like 70)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw_Heq1czm0

so ya EU players are good and their top 3 best players are better then NAs top 3 but dont start acting like theyre leagues above becuz they rly arent and alot are overrated
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:40:27 pm by nikklenikkle »

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2018, 05:25:41 pm »
+3
EU is much better at DTV though, no doubt.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut