Author Topic: Development update - April 2018 - Updated 4/21/2018  (Read 9494 times)

Offline Afina

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 135
  • cRPG Player
  • «This is where we fight, this is where they die!!»
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Other
  • Game nicks: Afina
  • IRC nick: Afina
Re: Development update - April 2018
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2018, 07:11:05 pm »
+2
https://youtu.be/deUMaYGnnVE

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:24:36 pm by Afina »
Madness…? This is Sparta!

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:37 pm »
I wasn't around when the old XP system was in place so I can't give a good description of it but yes, we would like to replace the current xp system with the old xp system. There will probably be adjustments based on our current population and on what we find out diving deep into the code. We haven't touched or looked at the code yet, but will dive right into it after strategus is good to go.
I dont want to be negative, but that is 1 the most stupid change ever made in that mod. Like do you have idea that everyone will be forced to fight with mob any other playstyle will be suboptimal.
No flanks, no cav, archers forced to fight with crowd exp barns and all sort of stupid shit.

Good that you try to keep that mod dead guys and listen to some nostalgia BS, ahhh fuc....

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 07:56:48 pm »
+4
The proximity xp/gold as a bonus to gain based on victory/lose condition would work better I guess.
Let's say that avarage round last around 3 minutes, that gives 4 tickets in current system, with avarage gain per tick I guess around 8k xp, it gives 30k xp per round. So if you win a round on a battle/siege you get 30k if you lose half of that, on top of that there is a bonus from proximity xp system, like up to 20% of round bonus. Numbers are just example.
That is how I see it, no tickets based on time to speed up gameplay, mixing it with proximity system promotes sticking with team.
Both current multiplier and xp barn are a different case of autistic behaviours on servers.
It was discussed some time ago and I believe it's close to what Professor was thinking off like 3 months ago. How it ends, we'll see how it plays
(click to show/hide)

For whose that miss the system to get the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P32SuOJExR8&t

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:15:09 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 05:19:48 pm »
For whose that miss the system to get the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P32SuOJExR8&t

"Its like war in Iraq, we got the oil and they got the democracy"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 07:10:14 pm »
+1
I do know python, a bit of php (not a fan working with it tho, most php scripts I've encountered are nasty pieces of code) but never actually tried to make Warband mod which means I have zero Warband modding experience and barely understand how module system works. Can Google it, plenty of resources around and I did inspect mod files in the past few years not just crpg but various mods to see how much of actually python is there and how game code looks like.

Interested in learning how mod works, haven't played it in ages but I want to tinker with it a bit to see if I can improve it in any way.
You need exactly 0 knowledge of python to mod warband.
Source: me
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1662
  • Infamy: 1459
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 03:34:55 am »
Yeah, it does look like long list of variables and attached values, at least those mod files I looked into. Pretty much the same when I made some mods for GTA Vice City 14 years ago, back when I only knew a bit of Visual Basic.

They could use xml for that, dunno why they choose python. Doubt any graphics engine code is python, interpreter is way too slow for such use case.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 03:39:31 am by Leshma »

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2018, 05:17:37 pm »
Just remove heirlooms and retiring system. It was always the biggest flaw of this wonderful mod.

Everyone can be same level. Make it like 32-34 so we can do funny builds.

There is lots of gear to mess around with since no +3 to limit your choices to stay competetive.

New players (they can get 100k gold or something) can instantly play vs veteran players.

As it is right now it takes a year to just get a full set of gear, and even then you will only have 1 or two weapons to choose from, and a single set of armor.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2018, 06:54:26 pm »
+4
It's awesome how you devs have great plans for the mod's future for years to come. There's just the problem that crpg is now easily the deadest mod alive and would need some motivation for players like... now.

I suggested free respecs to let people try out new stuff as they please for the time being, so at least the ones still playing are a little more active. I know you'd rather have paid respecs, which is also cool, except the m*o*d is d*e*a*d (seriously... you censored that?...) and you don't seem to realise that, if you want to keep it alive, now would be the time to "bridge" a kind of critical phase with extraordinary measures.

When you (un-)balance item stats, you never get tired of stating how everything can still be reverted in the future. Then why don't you try something really fresh under that premise? Add guns to DTV and see what happens. Re-implement the old grenade script (that I only heard about...) for DTV that used to be attached to the smoke bomb. If it's a mistake, revert it. In any case, people will want to see new stuff like that and give it a try. Both shouldn't take any longer than adding "apples" to the mod, because content/models should be available.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 10:02:17 pm by War_Ferret »

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2018, 07:07:41 pm »
+1
hey sup dupre i am ready to help the donkey team with my admin assessing survey,

!-)does admin enters the game?

2-)why is he still admin?

like this we can answer many questions help crpg community grow devastate the game.

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2018, 09:32:38 pm »
It's awesome how you devs have great plans for the mod's future for years to come. There's just the problem that crpg is now easily the deadest mod alive and would need some motivation for players like... now.

I suggested free respecs to let people try out new stuff as they please for the time being, so at least the ones still playing are a little more active. I know you'd rather have paid respecs, which is also cool, except the m*o*d is d*e*a*d (seriously... you censored that?...) and you don't seem to realise that, if you want to keep it alive, now would be the time to "bridge" a kind of critical phase with extraordinary measures.

When you (un-)balance item stats, you never get tired of stating how everything can still be reverted in the future. Then why don't you try something really fresh under that premise? Add guns to DTV and see what happens. Re-implement the old grenade script (that I only heard about...) for DTV that used to be attached to the smoke bomb. If it's a mistake, revert it. In any case, people will want to see new stuff like that and give it a try.

Ferret totally get it, seriously after playing cRPG since 8 years I haven't seen such wisdom since long.
If only developers could understand and give to this kind of mind so much credit cRPG could end in grace.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2018, 10:00:26 pm »
+1
the m*o*d is d*e*a*d (seriously... you censored that?...)

you do know that censor has been on the forums for like 3+ years right

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2018, 10:03:57 pm »

I just didn't know that *THAT* was censored, too, probably because I wasn't one of those chanting "m.o.d i.s d.e.a.d" when it was still very much alive.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 1519
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2018, 01:31:43 am »
+1

More like 5 or 6 years. I haven't touched cRPG is 3 years and At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. meme censor is from the time I was actively playing under forum nickname which was quite some time ago. I think it is even older than my first custom title and second and current one is from 2014. I believe.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2018, 02:33:09 am »
+2
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2018, 04:41:01 am »
+1
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.

shit, and just now i learn why everybody kept posting that weird ass shit. nice