Author Topic: Development update - April 2018 - Updated 4/21/2018  (Read 9497 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Development update - April 2018
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 04:21:36 pm »
+1
Sounds promising. I think balancing for faster gameplay could be easier and more appreciated in tdm mode. Less frustration. Might actually save the mod at point more than anything else.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 05:46:17 pm »
Even on NA in late night you have like 60-70 players on Native TDM, while there are 3-4 on DTV in cRPG. Where is the point in keeping current status? The stagnation is killing the playerbase, it needs new influx of players that are still around, just they won't under any circumstances hop in with while they are put in great disadvantge in both levels and equioment. What do you say to a new guy? Retire 16 times to keep up in both exp gain and get some looms? That's bullshit. Besides pretty much everything lost value, looms, gold and xp if you are a long time player.
Sure, crpg veterans knows very well game mechanics and are just extremly good, and everyone that is pretty new to the game will get destroyed fast, without a decent numbers of similiar skilled players he'll leave, and that is what is happening to every new player that I saw in last 2-3 months.
Only way to get a decent playerbase at once is a new beggining for everyone.
Just lets hope that Professor will manage to get new servers running with a fresh database in some near future. We'll see what dies first  :lol:
sry but people who play ntive dont want to grind so you wont pick up new players by just wiping because the grind will still be there and the ones with more time to play will once again unbalance it again.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 05:54:24 pm »
+1
Since DTV seems to be the most reliably populated servers (at least during my weird online hours), I'm excited for the change. It will make a lot of the "undefendable" maps that people skip or leave the server more playable.

Does anyone know if there are older DTV maps that were removed for this reason, but would work well after the patch? As long as the invisible borders keep AI from getting stuck out in the middle of nowhere we should have a lot more viable maps.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 06:44:02 pm »
+4
Plan is to go back to the old DTV game mode, Defend the Village

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 08:42:05 pm »
+1
... not enough man/woman power to ...

this PC shit needs to die already

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 10:20:45 pm »
+1
revert the long maul and great maul textures back to the old ones while we are at it

Boulder on a stick 2018!

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 11:14:55 pm »
can you update servers please ty

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 11:47:04 pm »
+1
this PC shit needs to die already

enough xepower.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 12:07:36 am »
nice update, sounds great!

even though i pretty much play DTV only these days, not because i dont want to PvP but because we atm. dont have 50+ players for either PvP mode, i want to suggest to lower the XP income on DTV. i may upset some peeps by suggesting this, but these people know deep within their heart and soul that i am right.

i dont think the XP gain should be higher for PvE than PvP in a PvP mod.

what are your thoughts?

also played with this idea: what if we pay to play DTV? what if there was a symbolic gold income (for lowlevels) but high upkeep for looms and/or high-levels?

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 11:51:03 am »
+1
i dont think the XP gain should be higher for PvE than PvP in a PvP mod.

also played with this idea: what if we pay to play DTV? what if there was a symbolic gold income (for lowlevels) but high upkeep for looms and/or high-levels?

Why should they lower XP gain on DTV while they could increase it on PvP instead?

Don't try to kill the fun to something just to compensate and force people to join Battle / Siege, that's not how it'll works.

What people seem to forget is DTV is the best way to populate cRPG servers, a lot of time when they are enough players on DTV server a group is formed to switch to Battle servers. It's like a waiting room but with fun and killing DTV will consequently kill other servers.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 12:42:02 pm »
+1
What people seem to forget is DTV is the best way to populate cRPG servers, a lot of time when they are enough players on DTV server a group is formed to switch to Battle servers. It's like a waiting room but with fun and killing DTV will consequently kill other servers.

Seems to be the exact opposite on EU in my experience. People see 20 players on EU7, 3 on EU1 and decide to play something else because DTV is garbage...

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 06:23:09 pm »
+4
When nobody wants to play soccer with you, the logical course of action is to slice open all the basketballs. Or you can try wearing sausages around your neck.

But seriously, since penis fencing on EU1 has become rather unpopular and DTV is de facto the most played mode, wouldn't it make sense to think about some balance adjustments? Ranged in DTV is very underpowered. Archery is still ok, but crossbow is useless and throwing only works well on the first few rounds without much armor. I'm NOT saying change the global item stats for DTV. I don't know how much you can do with scripts. Can't you run a script on DTV servers that doubles ammo for throwing, increases ranged damage in general, drastically increases ranged wpf on characters or something else to make non-melee builds viable in DTV?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2860
  • Infamy: 2834
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 01:17:17 am »
+5
I do know python, a bit of php (not a fan working with it tho, most php scripts I've encountered are nasty pieces of code) but never actually tried to make Warband mod which means I have zero Warband modding experience and barely understand how module system works. Can Google it, plenty of resources around and I did inspect mod files in the past few years not just crpg but various mods to see how much of actually python is there and how game code looks like.

Interested in learning how mod works, haven't played it in ages but I want to tinker with it a bit to see if I can improve it in any way.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:23:49 am by Leshma »

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 01:23:55 am »
+2
fuck that bitch
yeah i agree that cunt fucking attacked me every chance the piece of shit got and I'M the rude one for attacking  her back

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 09:58:59 am »
Why should they lower XP gain on DTV while they could increase it on PvP instead?

true true, didnt think of that.

gief 50k xp per tick