Author Topic: the deve wipe?  (Read 7720 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: the deve wipe?
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »
I'd like for a battle royale mode to work, but i dont think it will be very good even with mechanics working properly. Maybe im wrong but i feel as if it would just be people avoiding conflict, and no way to catch up to those running. That it would boil down to backstabs only. Im a bit overly cynical maybe because while it seems like it could be a disaster it also seems like it could be amazing.

The simplest method would simply be to place breakeable boxes around that contains whatever useful item like a healing thingy or a weapon. And maybe run some gimmick on the air drop idea everyone has, a temporary horse to get to whatever spot you want, which despawns after a timer or something stupid  :mrgreen:

18/18 build with all maxed stats, no ranged weapons but maybe some throwing stuff, theres potential out there.. maybe in bannerlord.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2018, 07:25:54 pm »
Who can be bothered retiring again? If there is a wipe then there should be a huge lessening of the grind to compensate and maybe tweak loomed items. Make them optional sidegrades maybe rather than pure upgrades to unloomed gear. So + armour but + weight at the same time or something, and for weapons + armour but -speed to compensate.

Otherwise there might as well be a server with no looms and all players are set to a certain level. Or it will just end up as the loomed vs unloomed which is more of a power gap than what we have now were everyone has looms
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2018, 08:24:55 pm »
+3
Personally, I'd play a lot more if I wasn't banned.
ya we need this battle buddy back asap

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2018, 08:34:43 pm »
+2
6. Ive said it before, ONCE A WEEK, EVERYONE SHOULD GET A FREE HEIRLOOM EXCHANGE. We have tons of armours, why restrict different gamestyles? Cant you see that restrictions are forcing people away from the mod?

I would love to see this done. It could be abused for flavor of the month weapons that recently got buffed, but it would be nice to change your loomed armor now and then. Armor is mostly just personal preference, you wear the ones that you think look cool and either go light, medium, or heavy.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 12:45:16 am »
+3
Personally, I'd play a lot more if I wasn't banned.

Honestly, you're welcome to have my account. PM if interested and I'll send you my Warband serial key.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2018, 12:51:27 am »
+5
Honestly, you're welcome to have my account. PM if interested and I'll send you my Warband serial key.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2018, 01:13:09 am »
+8
(click to show/hide)

If you're gonna shitpost about the fact that Kadeth is Australian, at least do it properly. For example:

When Kadeth comes to visit NA:

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2018, 01:19:39 am »
+1
I wasn't trying to shitpost kadeth I was trying to get upvotes from him.  :P
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2018, 02:28:22 am »
+2
keep your panties on, ladies

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2018, 02:38:15 am »
+5
bring back old xp system and crushthrough morningstar???

EDIT: idea seems good, i dont want to lose my character that ive had for 7 years but I would also want to play on wiped servers too and have a fresh start with everyone else if it brings more people
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:42:50 am by Allers »
Ca$hville 615

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2018, 07:31:35 pm »
That'd be real awesome Kadeth! But I wouldn't want to get YOU banned. I thinm there's some murky rules against sharing accounts to avoid bans

You shouldn't be able to play in the first place. You never even did your essay that we agreed on.  Anyone else I could care less but you've been the biggest pile of shit out of everyone I have dealt with in crpg. 
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2018, 08:10:33 pm »
+7
You shouldn't be able to play in the first place. You never even did your essay that we agreed on.  Anyone else I could care less but you've been the biggest pile of shit out of everyone I have dealt with in crpg.

I think you're a bigger pile of shit than he is.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2018, 09:52:05 pm »
+6
Anyone else I could care less but you've been the biggest pile of shit out of everyone I have dealt with in crpg.

I wish you mericans would get this phrase right, it's COULDN'T care less, could care less makes no sense at all!

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2018, 11:38:58 pm »

id much rather play with havelle than you. you are a complete nothing/nobody garbage tier player with terrible fucking ideas only people with aids could possibly come up with. havelle is a legend, you are NOBODY dupre, i wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if you were related to asheram irl, how the fuck you got yourself in a position to judge other ACTUAL players in this mod.

shut the fuck up dupre, you pushed so many actual players away from this mod, and you're gonna talk shit about havelle?
and who the fuck joins the game when you are playing?
fuck your essay, you should duel havelle, it would be a good reminder why you dont have total noobs balance this place.

also: if you think havelle is THEE biggest POS this mod has ever had to offer, you're fucking retarded, and dont know shit about this place.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2018, 12:19:23 am »
+6

Your posting style upsets my inner Quan greatly. I agree Havelle is cool and should be unbanned, but i just cant shake being upset at the random words you decided to write in all caps and the semi offensive hyperbole directed at Dupre. Insult the man for being a thin skinned nancy boy, not for whatever the fuck you are rambling about.

Oh, and you threw shade at warband/crpg legend Asheram? You're on thin ice Plumbo.

▲ ▲