Wipe characters only
4 (3.4%)
Other (please post your suggestion)
4 (3.4%)
No, leave it as it is
42 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 11, 2018, 12:36:44 pm

Author Topic: Its time for a wipe.  (Read 7457 times)

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
Re: Its time for a wipe.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 07:07:39 pm »
+2
Wipe everything but my stuff so I can Lord it up over the peons
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 08:35:53 pm »
+4
revert to 2010/11 era XP system where you only get xp from nearby deaths. Bring back xp barn, bring back a horde of peasants hiding behind 1 plate wearing turbonerd.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 09:57:09 pm »
+1
Shut the servers down and bury it, like a dog does to his shit.

Offline Izatopia

• Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 10:07:14 pm »
i rarely post shit

but panos shut the fuck up

i like ur fucked up persononality

but still please dont put out such an idea a zombie like population of crpg wich is almost dead will die if this happens

just my thought dont take my peasant ideas too seriously

i love u panos...

Offline Trace_Legacy

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 11:19:19 pm »
+1
As if thats gonna help.  :D :D :D :D

Offline SG_Anani

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 11:35:43 pm »
+6
It is time for a wipe. Simple logic:

Being able to actually PLAY they game in its fullest after starting from scratch.

or,

Not having fun and playing the game with 5-10 other greedy tryhards who are too afraid to risk their gear in an attempt to actually bring back the old times (Although I am sure these people will be synthetically happy about this outcome in the end, which would make this a pathetic mod with pathetic players)

I say better to actuall PLAY the mod with a pitchfork rather than wait for 'active hours' hoping for 10+ players with your full masterwork set of shiny knight armour.

The economy is fucked up and it is time for a reset. I can't believe a mod like Mercenaries is more alive than this. THERE IS NO UNDERSTANDABLE REASON FOR ME AS TO WHY SOMEONE WOULD CHOOSE TO PLAY MERC OVER CRPG. But that's just my opinion I guess. Anyways back to topic
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:41:28 pm by SG_Anani »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1941
  • Infamy: 549
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 11:57:17 pm »
revert to 2010/11 era XP system where you only get xp from nearby deaths. Bring back xp barn, bring back a horde of peasants hiding behind 1 plate wearing turbonerd.

Do not forget generation boost every two weeks. I want to see Kesh leeching on EU1 once again.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 12:02:24 am »
+7
Wipe database, reduce the grind, advertise the mod.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 12:21:31 am »
+1
Doubt that will do any good. We are pretty much done here. Warband will not get that much of an increase in the playerbase and just because of that neither will Crpg. People who didnt play crpg years ago will most likely not start now, unless a very gigantic change will happen in the general gameplay. And personally I feel kinda tired of it aswell. Its overplayed and a lot of competitive online games have started popping up over the years, that have shrinked our community here even more.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 01:08:28 am »
+7
Where are these hordes of players desperately waiting for a wipe? I have literally never heard anyone who quit say that that would bring them back

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 01:09:42 am »
+2
Yea please dont get rid of my hard earned peasant looms

Offline Trace_Legacy

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 01:45:43 am »
The economy is fucked up and it is time for a reset. I can't believe a mod like Mercenaries is more alive than this. THERE IS NO UNDERSTANDABLE REASON FOR ME AS TO WHY SOMEONE WOULD CHOOSE TO PLAY MERC OVER CRPG. But that's just my opinion I guess. Anyways back to topic
-In Mercenaries, there is no unfair leveling system and everyone is on equal footing!
Thats written on the main page of the Mercenaries site.

-Everyone is equal there and only skill matters.

-Gear is only there for your playstyle.

-You could go with a peasant armed with a pitchfork and still be able to 1v3 knights in full armour.

-No annoying upkeep.

-You can sell/buy gold in mercs for irl currency or other games.

-Happy Hour which makes people come online just for that double gold for 1 hour. (after that the playerbase falls off from 200 to 90-120)

-Every piece of equipment has been looked at by the developer (also the only developer) Homer. and made sure if its of high texture quality. There are some items in Crpg of HORRIBLE texture quality which
is just ugly.  In mercs every weapon and armor is nicely textured. (except the longbow)
Not only weapons and armor but Banners too Only 3-4 colors are allowed to be put on a banner and it needs to have a default dirt texture over it. But in Crpg...There are so many stupid looking banners in Crpg it just completely ridiculous how those banners are even allowed.
(My little pony banner, Dancing banana meme, Doge meme...seriously?)

-Matchmaking is balanced. There will always be an equal number of classes on every team. 5 cavs on red and 5 cavs on green. same goes for Horse archers and regular archers.

-The website feels... nice to look at and navigate through. Crpg website on the other hand feels very clunky and as if it has been made by a mediocre webpage designer. (This is just criticism i do not want to insult anyone here) Also do not forget that some items aren't even shown in the shop. Meaning you have to buy them first, so that you can take a look a them.

-Mercenaries is focusing only on one era. And thats the medieval times in Europe and middle east mostly before and in the era renaissance 10th to 14-15th century armor and weapons. While Crpg is just a complete mess. In one way its a good thing that Crpg has so many items which allows for some rp people to make historic or fantasy characters. But on the other hand its just stupid to see a medieval knight from the 12th century fight a...aztec warrior running around with a Macuahuitl. A Macuahuitl seriously? I won't deny that Mercenaries also has an item not belonging to Europe but that item is intentionally named ''Strange Sword'' (Katana) because it doesn't belong in Europe and people living in that time would be wierded out by that type of weapon.

-Looms are a completely stupid idea. Makes your op character have EVEN MORE op weapons than the beginners who started playing. Its just boring for the beginners to wait and get enough experience to level up and at least have a chance of killing a max lvl tincan with op stats and weapons. Why don't you just make them restricted on only some weapons. And make the looms only change the weapon by looks and not stats. And if you think that's a stupid idea then just think about CS:GO. In CS:GO cosmetic items like skins don't do anything to help your performance but make you feel good. People will farm looms so that their weapons and armor look more nice, so that they feel better. Its just human psychology...I think.
I mean it works in Mercenaries. There are rare items that are of ridiculously high price, like the Noble Plate (140k) 53 Body armor vs Plate Armor (25,5k) 53 Body armor. And people still buy the more expensive one!...Why? Because it makes them think that they are some sort of rich and highly looked-upon person. (which they kinda are at least to some new players). I don't wanna sound like a smartass but its all about that self-pride and self-loving when it comes to these sort of things.

What Crpg needs is strict quality control. Remove low textured and retarded looking weapons and armor...especially those damn Aztec weapons...God. (honestly what were you thinking?)
Remove the leveling up system. Make everyone the same level, for example level 40 ( i don't know which level is considered to be average here)
Make stricter rules for banner making. It always throws me off seeing a god damn MY LITTLE PONY banner in the middle of the battlefield.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 02:31:49 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Tldr;

Nothing you suggest solves cRPG's population problem in fact your suggestions just result in cRPG becoming exactly like mercs...

Warband is old and is very unlikely to get an influx of new players any time soon, yer all grasping at straws.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:18:48 am by Hunter_the_Honourable »
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 03:11:04 am »
+1
two posts too long to read
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 03:19:20 am »
two posts too long to read

Added a tldr for yer convenience.  :wink:
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.