Author Topic: 0.5.3.0: Reset without Regrets  (Read 19025 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: 0.5.3.0: Reset without Regrets
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 10:28:23 pm »
As it stands a shielder's only hope is to be able to outmaneuver a mauler (in other words, run away). It'd be dope if shields could have a bonus modifier in whatever the crusthrough calculation is so that they have an effective 1.5x their weight or something. That way they only slow you down by the amount of weight listed in their stats, but against mauls they appear to weigh a little more. Shouldn't be too hard to implement...

I've blocked CT before with a steel shield by getting right up in the mauler's face and thereby avoiding the "sweet spot" of their swing.  Lighter shields mess with this .. so I hope things work out in the end...

Offline Bezlikiy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • My nick translated as "faceless" :)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bezlikiy_The_Pillager
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 10:50:00 pm »
What happened to the Eckeсutioner sword? Firstly, if now it is used ONLY in 1-h mode, WHY does it use 2 slots ?! And then - a new animation with this sword are bugged - when swinging the shield on the hand does not protect against arrows. When will they fix it?

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2018, 10:55:19 pm »

Changes to xbows:
-Light Xbow requires 76 xbow WPF
-Normal Xbow requires 100 xbow WPF
-Heavy Xbow requires 139 xbow WPF
-Arbalast requires 121 xbow WPF
imo that change absolutly nothing, dedicated xbower have all way more than this... xbows are still op and unbalanced in my opinion

Changes to bows:
-All bows received -2 to accuracy, a change that was never implemented when their damage was lowered a ways back, which gave them more accuracy then they needed
-Effective WPF curve changed to benefit agi-archers, their effective WPF has been raised
lowering bows accuracy sound to me like a good thing, sadly the change about agi archer build change nothing they still deal not enough damage to be viable

Changes to throwing:
-Several items were altered. These changes were implemented to curb the high abuse potential of throwing, and are likely to be followed by further changes. It's possible that the changes made today will be changed later
RIP to throwing now there is only one viable(op) ranged class to me... so throwing lance have 1 less amo and are even heavier ?
just wow, you just killed throwing

Changes to shields:
-The larger/heavier shields had their weights lowered to make them less cumbersome to use in a fight. Some changes here and there to other shield stats
like for the previous speed buff it sound cool but not necessary, the only change to me who have to be done is increase a little bit the force field against projectile... below 5 or6 shield skill they still let pass lot of projectile

crpg have now only one viable ranged class...

What happened to the Eckeсutioner sword? Firstly, if now it is used ONLY in 1-h mode, WHY does it use 2 slots ?!
i dont get the need to put executioner sword 2 slot when there is tons of 1 sword way longer with similar damage...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:59:12 pm by Blackbow »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 01:01:42 am »
+1
the wpf raise removes the xbow-shotgunners, which will reduce the overall xbow count, people are forced to either create a dedicated build or leave it be. Trying out the patch will show if xbow will need further nerfs. I think it's a good thing, but as a xbow myself, well, I am biased

about the force field of shield: you should try running in formation with 1-2 fellow shielders, the phalanx-buff is awesome and I can heavily recommend it

Have you ever tried a modern xbow class for a longer time so far now? Last time I offered you to try a good build you said you have technical difficulties or something (tbh I can't remember anymore)

a simple "thanks" would be nice once in a while aswell, prof shouldn't be harvesting shit all the time for that amount of work
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:07:31 am by Ikarus »

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 01:11:16 am »
Well, that explains why my trade for a Mercenary Sword finally went through.  Will there be heirloom exchanges for the Mercenary Sword given how hard of a nerf it took?
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2018, 01:21:56 am »
+1
the wpf raise removes the xbow-shotgunners, which will reduce the overall xbow count, people are forced to either create a dedicated build or leave it be. Trying out the patch will show if xbow will need further nerfs. I think it's a good thing, but as a xbow myself, well, I am biased

about the force field of shield: you should try running in formation with 1-2 fellow shielders, the phalanx-buff is awesome and I can heavily recommend it

Have you ever tried a modern xbow class for a longer time so far now? Last time I offered you to try a good build you said you have technical difficulties or something (tbh I can't remember anymore)

a simple "thanks" would be nice once in a while aswell, prof shouldn't be harvesting shit all the time for that amount of work

yes i did (it was i dont have the patience)
to make short :
arba : have way too much damage, reloading speed is between ok and a bit too fast, but the big problem with it is it take too much time to release the projectile
heavy crossbow : fucking good damage, too good accuracy, and reloading speed to fast my only problem with it is shooting at long range
crossbow : damage look a bit low, reloading speed way to fast, accuracy is ok, but it clearly lake of range

i'm 15/27 it's fucking insane how retarded this build can be (mean op)where other ranged need to go high str to be efficient
i rly have the feeling like other ranged class are nerfed to ground specialy throwing now ... but xbows are still insanly op...

i will take few days to think about it but i will probably quit the mod and ask for a permaban to never come again... and maybe come back when we will have an objective balacing team... even my ht build is fucked now ...

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 02:03:13 am »
+2
Wtf is the problem with throwing? Abuse potential? Can you elaborate?

I'm gonna expect some echanges for basically ALL my throwing stuff, since you nerfed it hard and you probably won't stop until every throwing weapon has been replaced with apples, bananas or coconuts. Let me guess... now that throwers don't have them mighty stones anymore, NA server gets regularly emptied by a bunch of marauding dart and dagger throwers. High abuse potential my ass.

And if executioner is really 1-handed only now, you can exchange that, too. Just give out 100 free exchanges to everyone, if you intend to keep "overhauling" the whole database in whatever unasked-for ways you please.

Just glad I already traded my yew bow. It was already ridiculously inaccurate before the patch. Now it got +2 damage and another -2 accuracy, lol.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2018, 02:13:23 am »
+1

I'm gonna expect some echanges for basically ALL my throwing stuff, since you nerfed it hard and you probably won't stop until every throwing weapon has been replaced with apples, bananas or coconuts. Let me guess... now that throwers don't have them mighty stones anymore, NA server gets regularly emptied by a bunch of marauding dart and dagger throwers. High abuse potential my ass.

And if executioner is really 1-handed only now, you can exchange that, too. Just give out 100 free exchanges to everyone, if you intend to keep "overhauling" the whole database in whatever unasked-for ways you please.

Just glad I already traded my yew bow. It was already ridiculously inaccurate before the patch. Now it got +2 damage and another -2 accuracy, lol.

I was playing on EU1 the other day and 2/3 of the server were dedicated throwers out of 20 people. I'd say by far EU has a worse thrower situation

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2018, 02:24:42 am »
Levels were changed and some changes to Xbow proficiency requirements

I think I was at level 32 and now am at level 31 after reset.  Is that the way it was intended to be?

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2018, 09:00:45 am »
+2

We had a... uh malfunction with the yew longbow wasn't supposed to receive a dmg buff but only -2 accuracy... and well our -2 accuracy on all bows didn't go through either.

It's just melee modes of throwing weapons that received hefty nerfs.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2018, 09:41:58 am »
+3
Reduced weight nerfs shielders against maulers? What are you on about? Increased maneuverability against them is more important than having high weight. If you rely on blocking maul overheads, you're either doing something wrong or pushing a breach in a siege. In every situation bar such breaches (which would only be strategus these days), the reduced weight is a massive buff, both against maulers and otherwise.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2018, 10:28:01 am »
+1
We had a... uh malfunction with the yew longbow wasn't supposed to receive a dmg buff but only -2 accuracy... and well our -2 accuracy on all bows didn't go through either.

It's just melee modes of throwing weapons that received hefty nerfs.

So the "abuse potential" is switching to melee mode? You didn't just nerf the melee on throwing weapons, you also made them heavier throughout and nerfed damage on throwing daggers, throwing hammers, darts and probably more.

Darts are now 0-slot and daggers & shurikens 1-slot? Logic?

And giving shurikens more damage than daggers is just bad design. Instead, in order to give them a niche (and maintaining some realism), you should have increased their stack count to 12 and maybe increased their speed even more.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:39:58 am by War_Ferret »

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2018, 10:38:04 am »
+5
I was playing on EU1 the other day and 2/3 of the server were dedicated throwers out of 20 people. I'd say by far EU has a worse thrower situation
When I played last night, I only saw a handful of throwers and didn't have a problem with them at all being 2h/archer. I think 2/3 of the people were playing strength melee builds. If everyone goes 36/3 for the manliest punch in the game and then cries about not being able to deal with ranged, maybe that's the "class" you need nerf. With just a few points of athletics you can outrun every ranged guy, since every ranged weapon/ammo in the mod is made of lead. But instead of expecting people to balance out their builds, if they don't want to be rock against paper, you just make everyone else slower again.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:50:22 am by War_Ferret »

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2018, 12:32:45 pm »
When I played last night, I only saw a handful of throwers and didn't have a problem with them at all being 2h/archer. I think 2/3 of the people were playing strength melee builds. If everyone goes 36/3 for the manliest punch in the game and then cries about not being able to deal with ranged, maybe that's the "class" you need nerf. With just a few points of athletics you can outrun every ranged guy, since every ranged weapon/ammo in the mod is made of lead. But instead of expecting people to balance out their builds, if they don't want to be rock against paper, you just make everyone else slower again.
few days ago prof was on eu 1 playing as thrower and if i remember right he said he had a 33/9 build ...
we had tydeus who fucked all archery, now we have prof for throwing....

im a ranged player since 8 years and fun is gone... i'm done with this mod... there is no logic anymore
- every 2h tincan feel faster than any of my light armored ranged build... because str is the new agi
- only xbow builds can get if
- your new lvl system is total crap, now it make just stronger high lvl, where before many of us was making hybrid melee/ranged without be super op
- 1h mace are broken as fuck remove knock down on them put it back to pole/2h only instead of letting them hiding behind shield and having a perma knockdown on first hit...
- most of weapon stats are fucked, tons of 1h have 99 speed... rapiere is op as fuck but lets nerf merc sword or exec
- a bag of 8 darts 0 slot lol when throwing daggers are 1 slot...

yo lets make it simple remove any form of ranged weapon that will make your life easier
ofc dont remove your precious op xbows wich will never be balanced ....

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2018, 12:52:45 pm »
thx for killing ranged ...
prof should stick to coding not balancing
nightingale should not be balancer coz clearly not objective
james should go suck pogosan's dick and not be able to deal on eu1 bans and following orders from a guy without power
and stabing his collaborator...

muricans just good to ruin everything in this world...why the fuck chadz always gave keys to american guys who are just good to say i can do everything.... to finaly fuck it ...

this game made me racist against russians now i start to be against muricans
this is a fucking cold war in my head !

i'm sry for my frankly speaking but everybody is sucking proff's dick because he's the only one who fixed the launcher
this is what made crpg back to life (and pestdoktor server hosting) but for the rest proff did shit
he ruined levels and 2 ranged class on 3... just stick to coding ...
he keep covering 1 or 2 item balancer just good to unbalance and keeping op xbows

had to say it and dam i feel better now =)