Author Topic: Maybe FIX THE GAME?!  (Read 58240 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe FIX THE GAME?!
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2018, 05:40:35 am »
I don't get this position. What exactly do you expect prof to do? I really doubt it's just as simple as "ROLL IT BACK TO 2012, BRO".

What exactly do you expect prof to do?
essentially 2013. i mean he did get me super pumped...and then did something completely different
I really doubt it's just as simple as
as changing some numbers around? i really doubt changing xp values are overly complicated. i doubt that as much as i doubt ill ever grind 226 fucking mill, on a lvl 33 build.
I don't get this position
was stoked to grind to legendary, does that even exist now? prob would have only made grandmaster...does that even exist now?

and remember kids, if something is fun and addictive...people will play it!
not many people currently playing now is there?
crpg gets out populated daily by vanilla which hasnt changed in 8 goddamn yrs and is still fun.
crpg used to be addictive as fuck, and youd think after the last couple of temporary revivals you'd learn from your mistakes
i dont want crpg improved, i want to play a version of crpg that i enjoyed.

and prof can not only provide that, but willingly agreed to provide that.
I dont care for your experiments prof, I dont currently play now
I would care to play 2013 crpg, and id play daily.

Butan, you're a crpg balance advisor...thats, really all that needs to be said there.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2018, 07:26:13 am »
essentially 2013. i mean he did get me super pumped...and then did something completely different
as changing some numbers around? i really doubt changing xp values are overly complicated. i doubt that as much as i doubt ill ever grind 226 fucking mill, on a lvl 33 build.
was stoked to grind to legendary, does that even exist now? prob would have only made grandmaster...does that even exist now?

crpg gets out populated daily by vanilla which hasnt changed in 8 goddamn yrs and is still fun.
crpg used to be addictive as fuck, and youd think after the last couple of temporary revivals you'd learn from your mistakes

Butan, you're a crpg balance advisor...thats, really all that needs to be said there.
Do you play crpg?  do you play native?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2018, 07:43:45 am »
+2
yes I am aware of the large grind factor and the near impossibility of leveling past 33, neither of which are ideal. but then again, neither is having 'normal' builds 5-6 levels above the retirement level. which is why I am investigating an xp system similar to actual pre-pod, where levels 35+ or so only receive a IF bonus. something along those lines.

(click to show/hide)

crpg has been alive for 8 years, reverting back to 2012 isn't going to fix issues like lack of endgame goals, balance woes, and other malarkey. the best thing to do is move on, and work to come up with solutions. sure, changing the leveling system back will reintroduce the passion to grind for some, for a while, but it won't fix the fact that many players have more looms than they know what to do with. so in the end, while the leveling change is a good temporary fix to the lack of any grind, there needs to be a more permanent one.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2018, 07:47:24 am »
+6
so in the end, while the leveling change is a good temporary fix to the lack of any grind, there needs to be a more permanent one.

Wipe cRPG with strategus reset  :shock:

Some may leave, but if they are still here after two weeks of crying they will be back, so you may want to consider an announcement before you do so.
I am quite serious about it, I doubt if it will hurt that much... mod is dying again so it's worth to gamble.
There is a small possiblity that you it will kill crpg for good, but only a slight. Raise starting level for new characters from 20 to 25 or even 30.
I'd consider even more changes to the basics of the mod (reducing heirlooms rank, xp/gold system) but that would require too much work, and I doubt if it worth at the moment
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:54:51 am by Dalhi »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2018, 09:28:42 am »
Having a strategus reset and working is 99% of the solution to the population problem. Strategus/cRPG synergy is extremely strong. No need to wipe anything for it.

If there is a wipe/xp overhaul/etc... it should be for the sake of the game itself and not the actual population (which is a short term issue mainly). Not to add that I fear Prof will breakdown if he has to take care of a completely reset Strategus (something that hasnt been done in centuries) and a completely overhauled cRPG (something that hasnt been done in millenias).

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2018, 10:35:20 pm »
yes I am aware of the large grind factor and the near impossibility of leveling past 33, neither of which are ideal. but then again, neither is having 'normal' builds 5-6 levels above the retirement level. which is why I am investigating an xp system similar to actual pre-pod, where levels 35+ or so only receive a IF bonus. something along those lines.

(click to show/hide)

crpg has been alive for 8 years, reverting back to 2012 isn't going to fix issues like lack of endgame goals, balance woes, and other malarkey. the best thing to do is move on, and work to come up with solutions. sure, changing the leveling system back will reintroduce the passion to grind for some, for a while, but it won't fix the fact that many players have more looms than they know what to do with. so in the end, while the leveling change is a good temporary fix to the lack of any grind, there needs to be a more permanent one.

i dont think ill ever get along with you ya know. you have a different view of crpg than me. i really dont understand your nerf fun mentality.

"sure, changing the leveling system back will reintroduce the passion to grind for some" - thats a good thing!
but you wont do it, because
(click to show/hide)
it wont fix a problem NOONE FUCKING HAS. too many people have looms they dont know wtf to do with...and thats a xp values problem how? forget the fact it has nothing to do with xp values, how is having more looms than you know what to do with, how is that a problem...for anyone? who are these many players that have this terrible problem?

since when has "having too many looms" been a bad thing? who in this community feels they just have waaaay too many looms, and thier vast amounts of looms makes the game less desirable to play.

too
many
looms
???

wow, what a terrible tragedy. hmm what to do about this monumental problem...that noone has. i mean, they could always give them away, or reforge, or trade them for others, or delete them.
hmm what to do, i know, i make it unbearable to get to 34 and near impossible to get to 35...that will solve the problem of people having..."too many looms"

fine, you're correct, you're not corrupt after all. just fucking retarded.

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2018, 11:11:41 pm »
+2
I dont quite understand why you keep on trying to provoke and insult Professor. Do you even play cRPG anymore Plumbo, I thought you liked native better.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2018, 11:27:58 pm »
+2
He's just bitching for the sake of bitching.  It's nothing new.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2018, 11:53:28 pm »
+3
i dont think ill ever get along with you ya know. you have a different view of crpg than me. i really dont understand your nerf fun mentality.

I thought you were always part of the nerf fun mentality
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2018, 04:10:52 pm »
+4
The only thing that needs to be nerfed is the amount of meta threads.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2018, 09:03:58 am »
+3
Uhhhhhhhh........

A wise man once said:
same shit, different year.  :rolleyes:

Players with no technical aptitude being dummies and ranting about something they don't know and never even bothered to learn about.

Let's just delete 3-4 years of code from 10+ other devs and hope it matches 2013 gameplay....

And then....  there are just so many examples it's painful, these are only a few, from the very years they are asking for...  Seems like those weren't the glory years either...

Waste of breath and brain cells to worry about these two:

"and I am not leaving because of anything within the game like its players, shitty half-developed Strategus, or the fact that cavalry is too hard these days"

I am

....we asked for fixes....and got donkeys...im done

Hopefully see a lot of you when Bannorlords come out, hopefully i see none of the Teuton \ AoW people

so sad....you nerf everyones poleaxe...and buff minor single swords no one uses once they get past that diff.  you know what made the poleaxe so effective in real life? its because it excelled in all areas, thrust cut AND blunt. nerfing\boasting is one thing...but to nerf 3 points...ahhh, i was enjoying this mod, but i think im done.

Your first statement is the exact wrong thing to do imo, and its kinda what they did, they used a server more populated\used over one that isn't ( idk about you , but i loved NA siege, its my goto mode, i havent actually played CRPG for a bit, im waiting for this to get fixed )

I know it would have been harder to completely build the server from the ground up rather then piggyback off of Siege, but imo, they shoulda used the Rageball server.

I fully and 100% agree...Conquest should have its own server...i miss straight up siege, and its the reason i left. No fun playing regular siege, then jumping into a mode that lasts 20 mins, then the next round the other team doesn't even spawn.

Whats even more frustrating is crossing your fingers hoping to jump into regular siege,,,and getting stuck with 20 min of x1....then not spawning the next round :(

I miss CRPG, but to much Battle\DTV gets boring for me, i always found Siege the most intense exciting mode

I have played crpg for 1.5 year now. I have spent 99% of that time on EU2.

Why?

Well i dont care much for waiting several minutes to respawn.
I dont like being oneshot by lance cav, or bumpslashed by cav, or kited and shot to pieces by HA, HX.
I dont like being shot to shit by big groups of ranged and no cover to speak of that i can hide behind.
I dont enjoy the kind of cowardly gameplay that battle encourage, stay alive long enough and your team wins HURRAY.

Siege offers fast and constant action, action with a purpose (take flag, defend flag, open doors, close doors)
If i get shot or couched or ganked by a group of players i can respawn and either try to backstab them in turn, or i can do something else.

If battle had some sort of purpose other than camping "better" than the other team it might catch my interest a bit more. Master of the field flags spawning or something.
But i would have to play with a shield and a spear just to survive against all the fucking cav and ranged.

I want 4 attack directions. I want manual blocking.  Anything else is just lackluster

So in short,  fuck battle, its always been the shittiest gamemode. Finally people are beginning to realize that. Grats,

Nothing about this post makes any sense. You are compairing totally different things as if they were the same.
Have a % chance on a swing connect to instantly win the fight is not the same as a varying dmg amount on factors you can control.

And interesting that you list crushtrough, which is even more fucking gay than knockdown. A noskill feature that adds notthing of value to the game. As well as couched lance damage.

Things that reduce the level of skill required to win are bad for the game.

But i guess some people need them crutches,  cav couched lance on battle and mauler camping ladders on sieges.    woooooo funnnn...............

knockdown = random

random in a pvpgame = bad

If you dont play this game with a 4 directional weapon and manual blocking.....
Why?  its the only fucking point of the game. All other aspects of it are done better elsewhere

Being ranged at all in a game revolving around hand to hand combat is all about griefing.
Do you like griefing?
Shooting people and ruining their shit, denying them a chance to play the game and have fun.

In fact im not sure why its even a part of the game anymore, its just so incredibly annoying and just ruins the experience.
Its not even fun to kill a ranged guy when you finally catch him, cause most cant fight back or even if they can it will be unfair.

Balance the game in the right direction.

Remove HA, its the best solution.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2018, 10:22:00 am »
+4
Uhhhhhhhh........

A wise man once said:
And then....  there are just so many examples it's painful, these are only a few, from the very years they are asking for...  Seems like those weren't the glory years either...

Waste of breath and brain cells to worry about these two:

Hahaha, looking forward to the 2021 version of this thread, where those two idiots are requesting we revert back to 2018 cRPG!  :lol:

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2018, 06:07:41 am »

I like the sound of the original leveling system coming back tbh. The hall of fame is kind of fucked up with all the changes that have happened, isn't level 34-35 now over 1 billion exp? Whereas the original level 34-35 was 80m -> 180m. Ah well, it's a bit pointless anyway considering there's not enough active players to grind out that kind of xp anymore. Like I said, I'm not opposed from cRPG simply being "rolled back" to an older version, I'm just not going to pretend I know the technical aspects of doing such a thing.

Hahaha, looking forward to the 2021 version of this thread, where those two idiots are requesting we revert back to 2018 cRPG!  :lol:

I don't like this line of thinking, simplifying something like this into people just having rose-tinted glasses isn't right. It insinuates that the quality of gameplay can't change with updates at all, which we all know is absolutely wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to Prof - he got a pretty sloppy, nasty plate set in front of him, but I'm quite curious what the game was like in 2013 (only played a bit in 2012 myself, when I couldn't block or anything).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:11:46 am by Rand0 »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2018, 06:27:12 am »
+6
In early 2013 servers were populated ałl the time and there was no nudge. That is it.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2018, 05:20:09 pm »
+3
So what you're saying is, nudge killed the mod?

#RemoveNudge2018

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador