Author Topic: Maybe FIX THE GAME?!  (Read 58135 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Maybe FIX THE GAME?!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 05:45:40 pm »
+2
Everyone is entitled to dislike things, state reasons, explain why they feel it should change etc, but there are way too many "*something* KILLING THE GAME!!!" threads. The only reason CRPG didn't stay dead is because these people took it upon themselves to revive it, if it were left to me, the mod would still be dead and I wouldn't have cared, I already accepted it died long ago and didn't think a revival would ever happen. But I am glad the mod is back, it was a pleasant surprise, even if it isn't as lively as it once was, but let's be real, it is NEVER going to be what it was years ago, it's an OAP in gaming sense. Just keep making threads lobbying for what you want, with decent explanations and arguments to back that up. People will take you more seriously and more people might listen, including the devs, but when you come here and sling shit at everyone who are the reason that people are even playing this mod again, you have already shot yourself in the foot and people are much less willing to care what you have to say.

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 08:01:13 pm »
+16
don't get me wrong, I'm not upset or anything, I just can't pass up a good opportunity to shitpost.

but really, you're pretty misguided here, Tindel. Given that the team-balancer sometimes would switch all the ranged to one team, that made for some pretty unpleasant fights, and some pretty unhappy people. I'd have to be a pretty shitty (ok, even shittier) deve if I didn't do anything to address that; a complaint many players had.

yes, the patches I do aren't always perfect. I don't always get it right the first time. but you know what? if there is some error in my patch, you can bet your ass I'll be doing my best to fix it once I'm aware of the error. for working on the team balancer, if the end result is a team balancer that distributes teams more evenly, for more enjoyable rounds, then I'd gladly fuck up again to get that result.

the only way that I can learn how to improve things, how to fix things, is to tinker with the code. I don't know what you expect, but I'm not some master Taleworlds codeman with years of experience in programming Warband. I'm just a shitty college student who lucked into this position because there was nobody else around at the time.

so, I'm gonna fuck stuff up again in the future. that's a guarantee, my code isn't perfect. but I won't  regret anything if that happens, because those mistakes are necessary to make progress in improving the mod.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 08:44:05 pm »
Ban
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:05 pm »
+1
I'm not a fan of murricans but I have to agree that Prof is a good guy with good intentions

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2018, 08:54:09 pm »
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline fetus

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • some random turk idk
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2018, 08:59:14 pm »
+1
Strange I expected some random turkish insults here

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2018, 09:04:17 pm »
+1
don't get me wrong, I'm not upset or anything, I just can't pass up a good opportunity to shitpost.

but really, you're pretty misguided here, Tindel. Given that the team-balancer sometimes would switch all the ranged to one team, that made for some pretty unpleasant fights, and some pretty unhappy people. I'd have to be a pretty shitty (ok, even shittier) deve if I didn't do anything to address that; a complaint many players had.

yes, the patches I do aren't always perfect. I don't always get it right the first time. but you know what? if there is some error in my patch, you can bet your ass I'll be doing my best to fix it once I'm aware of the error. for working on the team balancer, if the end result is a team balancer that distributes teams more evenly, for more enjoyable rounds, then I'd gladly fuck up again to get that result.

the only way that I can learn how to improve things, how to fix things, is to tinker with the code. I don't know what you expect, but I'm not some master Taleworlds codeman with years of experience in programming Warband. I'm just a shitty college student who lucked into this position because there was nobody else around at the time.

so, I'm gonna fuck stuff up again in the future. that's a guarantee, my code isn't perfect. but I won't  regret anything if that happens, because those mistakes are necessary to make progress in improving the mod.

You dont have to patch it, i dont want you to patch it. I never wanted anyone to patch things that has always worked.

Remember when Fips joining the team?  Fips was my friend, yet he was hellbent on fucking killing siege and DTV.
I never did forgive him for his "contributions".

Rageball? Remember rageball, it was awesome.  Patched into unplayable.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2018, 09:04:53 pm »
you just dont get it, you are NOT a master codeman, you ARE just a shitty collage student, so just fix and do what you stepped up to do and promised to do, and NOTHING ELSE.

this is the problem with every person that has stepped up to fix the game, you come, you fix it, people play it, then you try to "improve it" and piss everyone off. and so the cycle continues.
we dont want you to improve the game, we want you to bring the game back to a time when we enjoyed playing it. you said essentially 2013, wtf about this is 2013? that archers can jump? thats about it.

certainly not the xp values, or the wpf system, or the wpf reduction system, very little about this feels like 2013. your vain attempt to please a handful of new players has pissed off an even larger amount of old vets, the type of people that bring other players just by showing up.

you are not donkey crew, you are not on the same level as tydeus and san, do not think you are gonna figure out the shit they couldnt and balence the game, your attempt at balencing are making the game less fun to play, less enjoyable, please, stop trying to improve the mod. give us the actual revert we want, and then DONT TOUCH ANYTHING, just reset the servers for lag, maybe add new items.

but this whole cycle of stepping up to fix the mod, fixing the mod, making everyone happy, then tinkering with the mod, pissing everyone off, getting pissy with peoples valid complaints.
i get it, its your free time and i should appreciate the work you do.

if you want people to appreciate the work you do, only work on things people will actually appreciate, dont experiment with the mod! or the fact that you are doing this on your free time wont mean shit to us when it is spent ruining our free time. do what you said you would do....and nothing else.

i dont even play this anymore, theres no real end game now, native is more fun to play. and i can still play it for hours straight. bland as it is, its fun to play.

so the only real props i can give you prof, is that crpg WAS far too addictive before, the free time you spend "improving this mod"...gives me more free time of my own.

This

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2018, 09:05:23 pm »
+2
Plumbo how has the end game changed? You can still retire and you can still grind for high levels.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2018, 09:15:32 pm »
+6
you just dont get it, you are NOT a master codeman, you ARE just a shitty collage student, so just fix and do what you stepped up to do and promised to do, and NOTHING ELSE.

this is the problem with every person that has stepped up to fix the game, you come, you fix it, people play it, then you try to "improve it" and piss everyone off. and so the cycle continues.
we dont want you to improve the game, we want you to bring the game back to a time when we enjoyed playing it. you said essentially 2013, wtf about this is 2013? that archers can jump? thats about it.

certainly not the xp values, or the wpf system, or the wpf reduction system, very little about this feels like 2013. your vain attempt to please a handful of new players has pissed off an even larger amount of old vets, the type of people that bring other players just by showing up.

you are not donkey crew, you are not on the same level as tydeus and san, do not think you are gonna figure out the shit they couldnt and balence the game, your attempt at balencing are making the game less fun to play, less enjoyable, please, stop trying to improve the mod. give us the actual revert we want, and then DONT TOUCH ANYTHING, just reset the servers for lag, maybe add new items.

but this whole cycle of stepping up to fix the mod, fixing the mod, making everyone happy, then tinkering with the mod, pissing everyone off, getting pissy with peoples valid complaints.
i get it, its your free time and i should appreciate the work you do.

if you want people to appreciate the work you do, only work on things people will actually appreciate, dont experiment with the mod! or the fact that you are doing this on your free time wont mean shit to us when it is spent ruining our free time. do what you said you would do....and nothing else.

i dont even play this anymore, theres no real end game now, native is more fun to play. and i can still play it for hours straight. bland as it is, its fun to play.

so the only real props i can give you prof, is that crpg WAS far too addictive before, the free time you spend "improving this mod"...gives me more free time of my own.

This post is no different than the others that drove away Tydeus and San.  I wish you would keep your ungrateful musings to yourself or just stay on native.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2018, 09:22:14 pm »
+3
This post is no different than the others that drove away Tydeus and San.  I wish you would keep your ungrateful musings to yourself or just stay on native.

seconded, open for voting all in favor say aye
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 09:38:01 pm »
+1
i appreciate what you do professor, and i hope u continue to make more changes that are better for the mod

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 09:59:21 pm »
+7
A new type of lobbyism has emerged:

2012™
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Bugnir

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Scum of Caladria
  • Game nicks: Bugnir
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2018, 10:14:06 pm »
+3

you just dont get it, you are NOT a master poster, you ARE just a shitty polish plumber, so just fix my toilet and do what you stepped up to do and got payed to do, and NOTHING ELSE.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2018, 10:45:35 pm »
100% of the players bitching about current cRPG are players who have abondoned the game themself when it was about do die and just came back the moment we revived it.

You literally leeched out what the devs have managed to do but you still think you have the rights to nag about it. Thats like not going to vote on elections but bitch about the results.

Instead of writing a(nother) suggestive thread and open up a discussion showing that you actually care about it, you once in a month crawl out of your hole just to post a complaining thread.

Thanks for the input, that will surely help and save the mod. Good deed done!

The game was "abandoned" because it was fucking ruined into oblivion.
Its like the dev team is made up of the krems clan, that retarded.