Author Topic: Battlefield V [Realistic Historical WW2 Shooter]  (Read 4910 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield V [Realistic Historical WW2 Shooter]
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2018, 12:46:50 pm »
+1
Yeah 3 mags is very low, I doubt that'll make it to release but who knows.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2018, 12:57:21 pm »
Didn't get the chance to try the beta but hearing mixed reviews from those who did.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2018, 01:02:28 pm »
+1
There's good stuff and there's bad stuff. I think overall it's an improvement over previous Battlefields, but it is a matter of taste. If you're looking to rush in mindlessly like in BF4 you're probably not going to like BFV, as it has a different pace. I think a lot of the hate comes from the shit they had with cosmetics and races and women and DICE's dumb ass comments and replies to their players, which is completely understandable, but is not telling on how the game actually plays.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2018, 01:21:30 pm »
Yeah I am most interested about the gameplay changes. I've already resigned myself to the fact that I will be a  lesbian cyborg mauri warrior. The building defenses / added destruction / revamped gunplay are probably the most interesting features I have heard described.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:27:29 pm by njames89 »

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2018, 01:37:09 am »
+1
guns feel awful imo, the bullet velocity is laughably slow

i get more ammo for my secondary than my primary which is quite possibly the dumbest decision ive ever heard of in a shooter

edit: i think they decided to have really slow bullet velocity so that fighting at any sort of distance is pretty ineffective as compared to running and gunning which slaughters kids except you have no ammo for it
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:06:25 pm by Thryn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2018, 07:02:22 pm »
LMG velocity is an issue IMO, most of the other guns seem OK for the ranges they're supposed to be used at but I think a general rebalance is needed to really get more acceptable velocities, the rifles have decent velocity already though. BF games have always had slower bullet velocities for certain guns though so I am not sure how they are going to approach it this time if they do change it at all. I like the limited ammo, there are ammo points to restock from and a support class to keep your team going, as well as collecting ammo and stuff that you walk over. It actually makes having support classes more valuable as he can keep everyone's primary weapon in action and punishes players who only want to play Rambo ( unless they are support themselves ). You have more ammo for secondary weapon because if you have no means of getting ammo for a short time, at least you have enough for your backup weapon to perhaps keep you alive.

I think the guns feel good aside from the imbalanced bullet velocities, shooting feels much better than BF1 at least. Guns feel like they pack more punch although I think the LMG needs to retain more damage at long ranges.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2018, 08:07:31 pm »
LMG velocity is an issue IMO, most of the other guns seem OK for the ranges they're supposed to be used at but I think a general rebalance is needed to really get more acceptable velocities, the rifles have decent velocity already though. BF games have always had slower bullet velocities for certain guns though so I am not sure how they are going to approach it this time if they do change it at all. I like the limited ammo, there are ammo points to restock from and a support class to keep your team going, as well as collecting ammo and stuff that you walk over. It actually makes having support classes more valuable as he can keep everyone's primary weapon in action and punishes players who only want to play Rambo ( unless they are support themselves ). You have more ammo for secondary weapon because if you have no means of getting ammo for a short time, at least you have enough for your backup weapon to perhaps keep you alive.

I think the guns feel good aside from the imbalanced bullet velocities, shooting feels much better than BF1 at least. Guns feel like they pack more punch although I think the LMG needs to retain more damage at long ranges.

the upgrade system really impacts gun play, i got faster bullets and lower recoil for the stg and it's OP practically, the smgs blow tho- they do minimal damage, have low velocity, awful range falloff, and just feel weak all around. i get that it's a "close quarters" weapon and you can make the argument that it should reflect that, but it's really a waste of ammo to fire at people over 40 yards away from you lol

i think they took the guns from bf1 and replaced the ridiculous amounts of rng with some recoil that you can control; however guns are going to be good based on your upgrades

im unsure as to how long time to kill really is because the game seems really laggy, sometimes it feels like registration is so awful that 10 bullets land before they die and other times it feels like the dude gets dropped in 4 bullets. i guess it's another typical rushed EA game that will be decently playable a year after release rofl. it's progressive tho so its got that going for it #rememberalltheasianwomenwhodiedinservicetobritain

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2018, 08:29:51 pm »
+3
"White man" is censored? lel

Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2018, 11:21:51 pm »
lol that is too funny.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die