Author Topic: 0.5.2.1: Belated Update  (Read 8049 times)

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
0.5.2.1: Belated Update
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:07:32 am »
+36
Some of you were probably wondering all of yesterday; "Where's my weekly post by Professor? I want to give him even MORE renown!" Short answer is I fell asleep at 8PM Wednesday, which is the evening/night I usually spend patching. Unfortunately, I'm going to let you all down again because I don't have time to do my usual weekly spiel. But, I felt bad about missing my normal patch mark, so I did compile/push a patch, and I'll also post the item changes for it as well.

I'll update this post Friday night (my time, PST) with some big wall of text that half of you probably won't read. Sorry for the delay.

Whoof. Today is not Saturday, or Friday, and definitely not when I meant to update the post. See, this is why I need structure. If I miss my original deadlines, then things take way longer to get done. In any case, once again my apologies. Now for the meat of the post.

Let's talk strat reset first. I've been hearing a lot of questions about when it will happen, and I can't give a definitive answer. Basically, before I reset strat, I need to:
-Look into various strat bugs (loot in sieges, peasant gear in sieges, discount bug, small siege tower, and pseudonym issues)
-Consider current variable values, like movement speed, # of fiefs, tick gain, crime, HP of siege equipment, etc
-And also take a gander at some proposals, like making villages more valuable, or other stuff like that.
-Gather input on some of my own ideas to bundle into reset
Now, the latter three points aren't necessarily difficult, they just require some time to think on, create polls for, and balance. My guess is that those could be done in 1-2 weeks. But, on the other hand, I have no idea how long the bugs will take to fix. And for me, fixing those bugs is a must-do item before resetting strat. That's the main reason I've been so wishy-washy about the exact time period of the reset. However! I think that these bugs can be fixed while the various proposals and ideas are being discussed, which again should take 1-2 weeks. So, I'll get the ball rolling on those immediately after I update this, and that way I can just concern myself with fixing issues. At earliest, we will see the reset before February. We'll get there, don't worry. Now for a seamless transition into my next talking point.

Balancing. Yes, it is taking quite a while for these balancing changes to ranged to get all sorted out. And that's largely my fault. I'm not accustomed to being the big bad boss in control of some team, like our balancer team, and I could certainly do so more effectively. And I've been spending quite a deal of time talking with the balancing team, thinking about balance, trying to figure out ways to improve it, which I definitely enjoy. However, in doing so I neglect working on code, and technical issues, which is something that very few people are able to work on right now, and essentially slows down progress. So, I'll do my best to step out of the discussion of nitty-gritty balance details, and instead just implement what the team decides on.

As a side note, if you think that some balancer is abusing their power and buffing their class unjustly;
a) That is incorrect, balancers seek to balance classes, including the ones they are most familiar with
b) I am the one who ends up implementing these changes. I would not make these changes if I at all thought they were proposed just so that a balancer would benefit
c) While the current state of the game might not be balanced, that is the end goal. We are working to get there

Be ready to see a litany of polls start popping up on the forums. I'd like to get input soon on these, so that I won't have fixed the bugs in a week from now, and be waiting on figuring out whether proposals and ideas are actually good directions to go in.

Finally, An Important Note: I only have so much energy that I can spend working on the mod. For example, after spending 6 hours or so fixing the meshes of walls that resembled kaleidoscope images, I felt fairly done with cRPG for the day. So, I would be very appreciative if you guys could only ask that I help for technical issues and stuff of that nature. I get asked pretty often for respecs/heirloom exchanges/other stuff that other people are able to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I do like to help out, but I think that I can do more good for the mod working on code and bugs, rather than giving out respecs and stuff like that. Sorry James/Uthyr. Of course, I'll continue to give out Santa presents when necessary, since I'm the only person able to do that.

Patch Notes
-Balance changes to crossbow, soak
-Fiddled with strat code a bit
-Looked into possible changes in future

Not a productive patch, to be sure.

Item changes:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:13:16 pm by RD_Professor »
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: 0.5.2.1: Belated Update
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:22:07 am »
+3
Don't you worry, at least half of us read your spiels.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:47:54 am »
+15
| [0] Soldier's Cleaver                              | old                            | new                           |
|----------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|-------------------------------|
| gold                                               | 3147                           | 3146                          |
|____________________________________________________|________________________________|_______________________________|

I want my refund  :mad:

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:55:40 am »
+2
Thank you for Military Sickle and Fighting Axe.
Now we can use these two weapons with Arbalest.

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:18:05 am »
+3
Camels are way OP.

Fast tanks that can turn faster than a Courser, seriously, have a look at them pls.

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 11:53:09 am »
Please add the sombreo hat :D :D :D

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 12:11:01 pm »
+1
Camels are way OP.

Fast tanks that can turn faster than a Courser, seriously, have a look at them pls.

acceleration is correlated to manueverability,  not top speed - making camles the fastest accelerating rides in game.

I'd recommend nerfing their hitpoints,  as they are primaraly being used by shieldbarring people whoms shields forcefield combined with great manueverability and acceleration gives the camels quite a high survivability. 

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 12:50:09 pm »
+1
Starting a game gave two blue screens on Windows 10 in row. That's something that I havn't seen in like 10 years. Some hard drive errors which is wierd as my disk seems fine after checking.
I believe I deserve my christmas present looms for that! :D

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 12:50:35 pm »
+2
I gobble up every single extra accuracy arbalest point I can get, it became a bit hard to snipe with that thing and Weapon Master 9 is just not worth it

gives the camels quite a high survivability
DeadInside has become quite a dangerous force with his camel and his crazy strong axe

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 12:59:26 pm »
+1
DeadInside has become quite a dangerous force with his camel and his crazy strong axe

I check my back more often than usual when DeadInside is on the enemy team. That guy 1hits everything...

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 01:19:47 pm »
+2
Fighting Axe - 0 Slots

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 01:47:31 pm »
+4
I gobble up every single extra accuracy arbalest point I can get, it became a bit hard to snipe with that thing and Weapon Master 9 is just not worth it

Yeah Deadinside is fucking scary to be against. Constantly have to watch your six for him/her

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Beleg

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapıkulu
  • Game nicks: Beleg
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 02:18:35 pm »
+9
Camels are way OP.

You're just jealous becuause they're muslim animals.
Oh and its Gnjusoğlu Saracoğlu, you illiterate goat-shagging baklava-eater.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 02:39:31 pm »
+11
Camels are way OP.

So you announce a Crusade against Turks and at the same time you cry for Camels nerf ? How pathetic, even for a Greek of Turkish origin.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Panos_Tournament

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 02:41:26 pm »
I check my back more often than usual when DeadInside is on the enemy team. That guy 1hits everything...

he one shots my pony...