Author Topic: 0.5.2.0, New Year, New Balance(tm), New Beginnings  (Read 8027 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: 0.5.2.0, New Year, New Balance(tm), New Beginnings
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 07:07:02 pm »
+4
So when archers were/are put in that situation it's okay, but as soon as xbows are, it's suddenly a huge issue.

Because archers can use their ranged weapons while kiting. Xbows are engaged when they've used their one shot.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 07:10:20 pm »
So when archers were/are put in that situation it's okay, but as soon as xbows are, it's suddenly a huge issue.

Never said it was okay.
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 07:17:39 pm »
+1
Never said it was okay.

Qui tacet consentire videtur

Because archers can use their ranged weapons while kiting. Xbows are engaged when they've used their one shot.

Unless said xbow outruns the pursuing melee, and finds a place to reload the xbow. Or they can pull out the sidearm they have the proficiency for.

But I see your point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 07:32:13 pm »
+3
lol less str requirement on xbows !!
good job nightingale for giving more agi to your class

For bows, the higher-end bows were increased to 3 slots, but, all arrows were reduced to 0 slots. By doing so, we hope to see a shakeup in the current meta of STR-archery, as now, one can take a relatively powerful bow like the composite bow, and also use some 2h weapon.
i'm maybe missing something but those change on bows will change nothing
the str meta will stay like this and none will use 2h because to deal enough damage(with bow) we need to invest for a minimum of 24 str and spend most wpf in archery... at the end archers dont have enough wpf for 2h wich make melee very slow, i guess people will keep going for faster 1h ... just my opinion will see if meta change but i have big doubt

to me the only way to change str archery meta is too revert what have been done by previous devs... during old times
agi/wpf was needed for accuracy, now it's power draw who rly make you accurate...
and 6pd was enough to deal decent damage... nobody at this time had in mind to put more powerdraw because they had to put a lot in wpf

thx for all the work
in my country we have one month to say it so
happy new year to all !
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:53:42 pm by Blackbow »

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 07:46:24 pm »
Increasing requirement would help actually, but hey, memes I guess.
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 07:51:58 pm »
+1
again. increasing strength requirement would only force crossbowmen to take builds with 7 or 8 power strike with 7 or 8 iron flesh and be an actual melee build with a very minimal loss in accuracy. That is definitely not nerfing their melee component of the class but rather buffing it to retarded levels.

I did not decrease the two higher tier xbows that people will utilize from afar.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 08:06:44 pm »
again. increasing strength requirement would only force crossbowmen to take builds with 7 or 8 power strike with 7 or 8 iron flesh and be an actual melee build with a very minimal loss in accuracy. That is definitely not nerfing their melee component of the class but rather buffing it to retarded levels.

I did not decrease the two higher tier xbows that people will utilize from afar.

you just made them more accurate and harder to catch (high ath) and still have tons of wpf  to spend in melee (way to much compare to other ranged)
so nothing change they will still be op in melee

but what can i say to someone who have been item balancer during one year and did nothing till someone decide to do your job
and you finaly wake up and cried... you always managed to save your class and keeping it far above other ranged class

btw long time ago if i remember most powerfull xbows was around 21 str and everything was fine...

to me it's clear you just gave to xbowers more wpf and ath and less resistance but like most of xbowers are hiding snipers it should change nothing

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 08:34:38 pm »
+1
you just made them more accurate and harder to catch (high ath) and still have tons of wpf  to spend in melee (way to much compare to other ranged)
so nothing change they will still be op in melee

but what can i say to someone who have been item balancer during one year and did nothing till someone decide to do your job
and you finaly wake up and cried... you always managed to save your class and keeping it far above other ranged class

btw long time ago if i remember most powerfull xbows was around 21 str and everything was fine...

to me it's clear you just gave to xbowers more wpf and ath and less resistance but like most of xbowers are hiding snipers it should change nothing

Again your buddy's/your balance did not work like at all. go look at the changelog and realize how fucked it was.

Also please keep in mind that the item compiler was broken for more than a year and chadz had to actually come back and fix it b4 anyone could make any balance changes. Raylin just jumped the gun and released a patch without discussing it with anyone. Yeah he too saw that his patch failed and had enough merit to revert his changes on his own. Xbow was overly nerfed. Archery was overly buffed. You had the entire active population of the mod requesting revert. I already listed the changes I have done to my own class and none of them are buffs. - but what more can I say to someone so delusional as yourself? -

Not so long ago (like 4 months ago) Arbalest was 22 strength requirement and heavy was sitting at 19 strength with xbow at 16. The reason it is not there now is; because the average level was reduced by 5 levels. @level 37 I was able to have the same build as I do now. So nothing has changed in terms of balance from 22 to 16. Except I lost 3 power strike. In terms of balance, You do not want a class that can deal high damage values (18-50) depending highly on armor to have 7 power strike for close quarter combat.

and again I did not change the difficulty of Heavy or Arbalest. I only swapped the accuracies of Heavy and Arbalest. If that experiment that Professor and I wanted to try does not work as intended then we will revert heavy's stats and move it back to lower accuracy.

I made Arb and heavy xbow 4 slot to reduce the OP-ness as you'd put it in their weapon choices. *which does not currently effective archers or any other class in a negative way. So I'm sorry for nerfing the combat effectiveness of xbow? which is what was asked? lol. *I shall buff it immediately*

- jokes aside you can expect to see changes between arb and heavy's current position and if the whole slot thing for archery doesn't work out a slight change to slots will occur.
- revisit available side arms for arb/heavy

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:45:36 pm by Nightingale »

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:28 pm »
+1
So now is not possible to use 2H weapon with Heavy Crossbow or Arbalest ...
For example I spend 9 loom points on: Lombardic Sword, Fighting Axe and Executioner Sword to be able play 2H xbower.
There need to be some 0 slots swords with secondary 2H mode (Crusader Sword for example) or make Lombardic Sword 0 slot again at last.
It is kind of strange that range now can only use 1H weapons.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:45:26 pm by Sagar »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 08:45:47 pm »
+1
I don't understand why the hunting and light xbows were nerfed all around, I thought it was the heavier xbows people complained about. I can't find it now as I'm at work but Nightingale even said in one of his posts that they do hardly any damage.
Found it-
Hunting xbow-Light xbow don't really adequately fill any niche.
Hunting does barely enough damage to even be considered a weapon at all. Good for almost nothing maybe make the enemy worry about being shot? idk.
Light xbow does a small sum of damage but can reload rapidly allowing the user to make full advantage of low investment/ high mobility. Also, a go-to for ranged cavalry.

P.S. Oh and thanks for work on mod.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:43:55 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 08:50:10 pm »
+3
All I see is a bunch of crying. Typical crpg community response when any kind of balancing is done. Why don't you guys stop paying attention to the forums and test out the new changes for a week. After a week, give the balancers some constructive feedback.

If you were an xbower and would like a respec, let me know. Typically we would roll out a respec with the balance changes but couldn't do it this time. We'll make sure to give out respecs too all builds effected by any future balance changes.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 08:54:30 pm »
+4
woah thats some big lip from a ghost

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 09:03:07 pm »
All I see is a bunch of crying. Typical crpg community response when any kind of balancing is done. Why don't you guys stop paying attention to the forums and test out the new changes for a week. After a week, give the balancers some constructive feedback.

So can we have small patch/fix with one 0 slot 2H (1H with secondary mode, for example Lombardic) so some of us can actually try new patch.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 09:29:32 pm »
+3
Balance team is already working on changes so i'm sure you will see a patch today or tomorrow.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Kloney

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Salt King
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kloney
  • IRC nick: Kloney
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2018, 09:44:17 pm »
I'd just like to ask why have a discrepancy between xbow slots and bow slots, all you've done is fix the slots of xbows and break the slots of bows, i'm unsure what the logic of this change was.