Author Topic: Why am I banned (Eques_Kaskar)  (Read 10983 times)

Offline Kaskar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Why am I banned (Eques_Kaskar)
« on: December 29, 2017, 11:48:17 am »
Hello all,
I got back online after the christmas days and recognized, that I am globally banned. I can't even login at the cRPG website. I would like to know why I am banned exactly, because I assume some people think something bad about me as ex-leader of Peasants United.
Therefore the recent discussion on this page is relevant:   http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/newbies-clan/msg1264644/#msg1264644

Best regards

Eques_Kaskar

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Why am I banned (Eques_Kaskar)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 12:32:21 pm »
Talk to Uther about making an unban essay. I personally don't think what you did is enough to land you a permanent ban, but you're still a douchebag.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 01:05:49 pm »
Talk to Uther about making an unban essay. I personally don't think what you did is enough to land you a permanent ban, but you're still a douchebag.

afaik its more about the bot on NA then the peasants united thing
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:27:06 pm »
afaik its more about the bot on NA then the peasants united thing

than*

(click to show/hide)
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 03:18:11 pm »
Hello Kaskar,

I've sent you your new password in private message here on forums - I've had to reset it. You'll be able to access your account with that.

Reason for the harshness of your ban is twofold:
- first, you were already caught botting in Na1 as reported by a player. You were using this account and the 2nd account called Zenox here on the forums. Both those keys were banned in NA for 365 days (or something). This happened on 12th of December 2017.
- second, you took out the money from The Peasants United clan bank, which is not outright forbidden and I can understand why you did that, but that by no means justifies it.

First, you used Crush_and_Kill to gift yourself a huge sum of money from the bank

07.09.2017 18:42:16   Crush_and_Kill   Received 10627393 from the bank via Crush_and_Kill

And then, in December, you transfered it to Kaskar7

According to Krabat, who talked with us yesterday, you wanted to use the money to buy yourself some +3 items, so thanks for already admitting to that:
18:38 - KrabatBruno: But how is it a reason to ban people if they just take money out of a bank ? How could you know what he did ? He did not spend any money he keept everthing to get the perfect offer
18:40 - KrabatBruno: 2 +3 items = 10million
18:41 - KrabatBruno: yeah but you can also just take out the money and wait till you see an good offer this way you might get even better offers.

Let me explain the problem:
I looked over your characters who were part of Peasants United and didn't see any deposits which would amount to 10mln gold, so this was not your money. If I am wrong, please do post some pics of the bank deposits you've done in the past in that clan, I could very well have overlooked something.
Similiar situation has happened in the past, like the Bogomili clan case, but this one is different:
- you claimed the leadership - it wasn't given to you by anyone, so you were actively working on gaining access, amongst other things, to the clan bank.
- you took the money from a clan that wasn't yours. I would understand if you just wanted to get back what you deposited first, but that was not the case.
- the clan is Peasants United. It's goal is to provide new players (which, surprise surprise, are appearing) with help, advice, some money, items to lend. By taking so much money out of the bank, you have effectively acted against new player's interests, which goes against both "no griefing" and naturally the common sense rule.

Quote from: the official server rules
If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

This is why you are banned.

I'm open to hearing community response to this and what their thoughts are, as long as the discussion stays on-topic. I do not guarantee or promise it'll affect our current decision, which is: ban stays.

tl;dr You did two dumb and bad things one after the other. People can speak their mind here. For now, ban stays.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:23:20 pm by Uther Pendragon »
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 04:07:24 pm »
You say the NA ban was for 365 days? Is this a global perma ban? Or a EU ban? Just trying to understand how the system works  :D

This is obviously really scummy but I think a ban for a month or something like that is much more reasonable.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 05:03:16 pm »
I issued the NA bans in-game, and they're limited to either 365 or 360 days, I'm not sure :lol: Initially I assumed it was a typical chinese leecher who tried using NA to farm exp/gold, so I didn't think much about the length.

NA bans are NA only. The EU ban is the super long one, as shown in my message in the Peasants United thread, and is EU only. Technically it's not a global ban. He can log in, use marketplace, manage his chars, he simply cannot play in EU/NA.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 06:07:49 pm »
Let him play with a name like DirtyTurkishthief, or a custom title so he can be humiliated
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:16:21 pm by Panos_ »

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 06:54:49 pm »
Yea, the "common sense" thingy again. The guy did nothing that was forbidden by the rules - he just claimed the leadership of a dead clan and took the money from its bank, yet somehow he still deseves a ban. Fuck logic. As it was his fault that the leaders paid no attention to their clan anymore. This common sense makes no sense to me at all.
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Kaskar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 06:59:49 pm »
To the first point you mentioned: About botting in NA1: I was on an empty NA server and 'botted' to make the character move around and hit the air instead of staying still and leeching. I now know, that that was against the rule. I recieved a one-year-ban for NA servers for that and I admit, that I think that is fair. I never did that again.

Regarding Peasants United: I think most people got something wrong about me from begin.
To explain it, I have to explain, what the clan was like before:

In the time, in which nobody really was playing the mod, some people took over the clanleadership. That was in Peasants United and in other clans. And also people raided the banks of clans. I heard of it that time. The clanbank of Peasants United had about 10.5 mil in it. I decided to claim leadership myself to prevent someone raiding our clanbank too. For that reason, I also took out the 10 mil (And no, I never intended to use it for my own purposes! No thief would stay in the clan and wait for his ban). Because if any other player would have claimed leadership and I wouldn't appeal the claim, he could have taken the money anyway, so that way it was safer. I wanted to invest the money for new armoury items for the clan. But you can imagine, that at the time, when the server were down, also were few marketplace offers for +3 items. (Yes, I thought of filling the armoury only with further +0 items from the money, but the armoury already was full of that and loading disgusting slow already). From there on I leaded the clan and nobody was able to raid the clan. As example, what happens without a leader: A person already took over 13 mil from the clanbank, before I got leadership. You can look it up in this section:    http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/newbies-clan/msg1264644/#msg1264644
Blackbird wrote it.

I also bought banner slots for the clan as I was leading it... I mean, stealing money from a clanbank and then investing it for buying banners for this clan just wouldn't make sense. Why would somebody do something like that, when he just wants money?

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 07:04:11 pm »
i'd say no ban even if he is a robber
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Zeltino

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 07:09:20 pm »
Yea, the "common sense" thingy again. The guy did nothing that was forbidden by the rules - he just claimed the leadership of a dead clan and took the money from its bank, yet somehow he still deseves a ban. Fuck logic. As it was his fault that the leaders paid no attention to their clan anymore. This common sense makes no sense to me at all.

This. Kaskar might've done something incredibly immoral and deserves to be hated for that, but he did most definitely not break any rules.

Offline Grimoald

• Count
  • Renown: 207
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Grimoald
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 07:45:46 pm »
Perma ban
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:57:53 am by Grimoald »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 09:30:22 pm »
Yo,  I am all for fairness,  integrity and common sense,  however what Kaskar did during the mods slumber / persumed death,  cant rly be seen as intentionally criminal or whatnot.

Mayhaps his claim of doing it to protect the clan is even true.

In any way,  I'd vote to unban him - although I understand that this is not a vote.

If sth like this would happen recently while mod is alive,  its a whole different story tho,  this case would not count as a precedent.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Krabat[Bruno]

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: European Confederation
  • Game nicks: Hektor/Krabat
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 09:35:56 pm »
Perma Ban ? In my opinion a perma ban is exaggerated. There is no rule that forbids taking out the money of a bank after claiming it. Furthermore he did not get a warning or maybe he did but he isn t active 24/7 so he was not able to read it in time. So please unban him or reduce the time so he is able to play again!

Lets not Perma Ban everyone when the playerbase is small already!